Starting Today ! Anyone with me ? (October 2017)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by AngS
    on

Hi, AnneF. Great to catch up and hear your fantastic weight loss has stayed low. Well done. I weakened in Lanzarote, with too many Bailey’s coffees as a treat to me, (one a day for a week), which I now regret. Still, I’m doing the 800 calories today, from the other MM recipe book. We had a yummy apple and cinnamon porridge for breakfast, puttanesca sauce with spiralised courgettes for lunch, and David is making chicken korma with cauliflower rice for dinner. Yum! All under 800 calories, so hope I’ll have lost a pound or so by tomorrow . One brilliant result of doing the BSD is that David has enjoyed fiddling with the recipes so much, he’s become the chief cook in our house now. Result! Lol.

Happy New Year to you and everyone on this thread. Keep up the good work.

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi AnneF

Just wanted to say that’s brilliant news about your hba1c results – congratulations! Best wishes to you, and to you AngS, for 2018.

Marie

• posted by AngS
    on

Thanks, Marie.
    Unfortunately, I’ve got to wait until the end of January before I can have another blood test, as my GP wants to see how my HbA1c is after 2 months of “normal” eating. He said if it’s within the normal range, he would take me off Metformin, but after 3 weeks of the BSD I started having heavy legs and muscle pains, so stopped taking the medication and the pains went away. A few days later I took a Metformin again and the pains came back a few hours later, so I stopped taking them. I wrote to the doctor about it and he hasn’t contacted me since, so I’m still off the tablets and fingers are crossed for a normal reading at the end of January. I’ll keep you posted with the results, when I get them.

I’m back down to 9.0 this morning, having had an 800 calorie day yesterday, which is where I’d like to stay, so just a matter of staying careful, eating healthily with low carbs and sugars.

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi AngS,

I thought I’d read somewhere that you were due your Hba1c in January. I was prescribed Metformin when I was first diagnosed in August but decided to try the BSD first (I did 800 cals/20g carbs), mainly because I’ve got a history of experiencing side effects with medication. The BSD worked for me without the Metformin – my November results came back normal.

For what it’s worth I left it a full 4 months after my initial diagnostic Hba1c test before I arranged the second test. This was because it took me a couple of weeks at the beginning before I felt I was doing the BSD properly.

Yes, please do keep me posted. Fingers crossed x

Please log in or register to post a reply.