Starting today

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JamesH
    on

Hello All,

I’m starting back on the BSD, after following it successfully last year for 3 months (and losing 20 pounds) and then putting back on the weight. I’ll be posting weekly in an effort to keep myself on track. Diet ‘Buddies’ welcome! Current weight – 233.3 lbs, target 210 lbs.

James

• posted by Little Annie
    on

Hi James,

I too lost weight last year on the BSD but have put it back on (and a bit extra) .. I’m starting this Wednesday 8th …so may be we can exchange hints, tips, support , frustrations etc…I currently weigh 165lb s and would like to lose 30lb , not sure how often I’ll post but would welcome some company.

Good Luck diet buddy

Annie

• posted by Patsy
    on

I’m in a similar situation. I did this for a while last year and lost enough weight to (just) get into the healthy range. I eased up too much and have put some of it back on. We learn by our mistakes, don’t we?

• posted by Patsy
    on

How are you both doing?

• posted by JamesH
    on

It’s going fine thanks Patsy, but I’m only on the 3rd day. A 3 lb weight loss so far, so I’m happy with that. How about you?

• posted by Patsy
    on

3 lb in 3 days is very good! Well done.

I’ve only lost 1 lb – suspect I’m eating quite a bit more than 800 calories as I’ve not weighed everything. I’ll try to make a bit more effort.

• posted by JamesH
    on

I’m following the menu guide at the back of the book pretty religiously. The trickiest bit is leafing through the book to get all the ingredients written down, and then having time to prepare it all. I’ve decided a spreadhseet may help future weeks. Here’s a copy and paste of week 2’s major ingredients, if that helps you. Keep it at it, it does work. My problem will be this coming weekend, a Dads’ curry and poker night, I may have to go very light on the Sunday afterwards! Good luck with it Patsy.

Week 2
    Almonds flaked 2 tbsp
    Almond milk (unsweetened)
    Apple juice 50 ml
    Asparagus 100 g
    avocado 1
    basil leaves
    beetroot 175g
    black eyed beans 1 tin
    Blueberries 50 g
    bramley apples 1
    broccoli bunch
    butter beans (tinned)
    cannellini beans (tinned) 400 g
    Capers
    celeriac 1
    celery 1
    chicken breast 3
    Chickpeas 550 g
    Chives
    coconut flour 2tbs
    cottage cheese
    crab meat (white) 200 g
    Creme Freche 1 tbsp
    cucumber 0.25
    Dill
    Eggs 8
    fetta cheese
    Flaxseeds 3 tbsp
    Galia melon
    Garlic 1 clove
    Gem lettuce
    green beans 25g
    Green teabag
    kidnet beans 1 tin
    lemon juice
    mayonnaise
    minced beef 100 g
    mint (fresh)
    mixed salad leaves
    mushrooms 125 g
    onion 2
    Oyster sauce
    Parmesan cheese
    Parsley bunch
    Passion Fruit 1
    Portobello Mushrooms 2
    Prawns 150 g
    radishes 4
    Raisins 1 tbsp
    Red Chillie 0
    Red Onion 2
    Red Pepper 1.5
    Rocket leaves 2 handfuls
    Salmon steak 1
    shallots 2
    Smoked Mackerel Fillet 0
    Smoked samon 50g
    sour cream
    Soy Sauce
    Spinach 200 g
    Spring onions 5
    strawberries 5
    sweetcorn (frozen)
    tahini paste 2 tbsp
    tomatoes beef
    tomatoes chopped 200 g
    Tuna tin
    Walnut pieces
    white fish 100g
    Yoghurt Greek 2 tbsp
    yogurt Plain 250 g

• posted by Patsy
    on

Gosh, you’re organised!

I’m doing a bit of planning and making a list ready for my next shopping trip. If I don’t buy carbs, I won’t be able to eat them! I’m going to try to only get what I need for the week of other things too. It won’t be possible with everything, but might help.

My husband is doing the diet too. He’s having a few extras, as he’s only slightly overweight, but I think I can resist eating anything bought just for him.

• posted by Patsy
    on

First week done!

I’ve lost 3 lbs. Not a huge amount, but I suspect my portion sizes are a bit on the large side, which would account for it! I’ve avoided all sugar and pasta, bread, white rice etc, have been exercising and feel great. All my biggest clothes were too tight, but already feel a little more comfortable. I’ll definitely carry on.

How are you doing James and Annie?

• posted by JamesH
    on

My loss is similar to yours Patsy. 4lb lost in the week which I’m content with as I completely fell off the wagon on Saturday as I had a curry and poker night around my house with 10 friends. I was straight back on the BSD on Sunday. I’m following the recipe plan at the back of the book. Still a long way to go though, but confident that by sticking with the book that I’ll (we all will) get there. Back to my judo training tonight and Wednesday, so that should help!

Cheers

James

• posted by Patsy
    on

Well done!

It’s good to know that mostly sticking to the diet still helps, even if the weight loss isn’t as fast as if we were completely strict all the time.

I’m using some of the recipes ‘properly’ and using others as a guide.

Please log in or register to post a reply.