Starting today 5th june

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Shaunamary
    on

Morning
    Think it’s v hard to stick to and breaking it every now and then ok. I crave salty things too.. oven chips/ crisps/ Chinese food rather than cakes etc. Had a poppadum yest with chicken tikka and salad.. could not resist. Otherwise sticking. To it though not not always weighing meat etc do probably over 900 and have yoghurt before bed as otherwise hungry in night. 71/2 down but was naughty last week. Want to lose at least another 9 but hope 11/4 stone. Is everyone counting meticulously???
    Xxxxx

• posted by SaltySeaBird
    on

Hi Shaunamary – I don’t count everything as I am not diabetic and have only a stone to lose so I tend more towards trying to stay sugar/carb-free (haha!) which seems to be enough for me. What this has really shown me is how often I completely sabotage myself even keeping it this simple. I’m wondering if I would actually be better to plan/weigh/count everything so I have less room for ‘excuses’.
    SSB

• posted by JCH187
    on

I do count everything but I need the discipline of doing it to keep me on track. When I don’t is when it goes wrong!

• posted by SaltySeaBird
    on

Yes, that’s what I’m thinking – I think I give myself too much leeway and that allows me to ‘cheat’.
    There’s a really good book by Leo Babauta on breaking/making habits – he writes about the 2 things that sabotage our efforts; one is that we have an unrealistic ‘mind-movie’ in which we are perfectly thin and fit so when things don’t go to plan, we give up; the other is the ‘inner-child’ who basically has a tantrum when changes happen that we find hard. This doesn’t change our efforts, but it’s interesting to watch these elements in action and it helps with stepping back and making better choices.
    SSB

• posted by fattyfattyboomboooms
    on

I also count/weigh everything and record it on an app. If I don`t I “forget” I ate it. It also gives a visual of what a portion should be (so freaking small!)

Today is my 1st day on this plan.

• posted by IttyEzzy
    on

Well, here we are at the end of Week 4, so time for an update. Actually I’ve got nothing to report; no weight loss, no reduction in waist size. I lost 8 lbs in week 1, 2 lbs in week 3 and nothing since. Sticking to the recipes, watching portion sizes, no cheating on snacks. So disappointing. This is not the “rapid weight loss” I was expecting! However, we are enjoying the food, and discovering new flavours from the recipes. Generally feeling more energised, so we’ll stick at it.

• posted by SaltySeaBird
    on

That’s really disappointing IzzyEzzy but don’t give up – I have found that the weight-loss just isn’t consistent – I’ve just had two weeks with no loss then 2lbs down this morning (I don’t have a lot to lose, jus those stubborn last pounds!). If you are doing everything you can, the weight will come off – sometimes, the body has to ‘re-calibrate’ to its new weight.
    Keep smiling.
    SSB

• posted by IttyEzzy
    on

It’s gone very quiet on this thread – how is everyone doing now we’re nearly at the end of Week 8? My partner and I have both lost a stone in weight – ok, not as rapid as we’d hoped, but a stone in 8 weeks is still pretty good going, and we feel so much better for it: knees less creaky, guts healthier, mood brighter. So we’re going to carry on with this new healthy eating. We already have our favourite recipes but are enjoying the journey exploring new ones. And now we are feeling better generally we can start upping the activities and exercise, so hopefully the weight will keep dropping. How about you?

Please log in or register to post a reply.