Starting today 5th june

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Beldom
    on

Wow Shaunamary. Well done. Giving up the sugar and the drinks is not easy.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

This is day 3 for me and I have lost 1.75 lbs since Tuesday. I dont expect fast losses as I never had it the first time round and I have been basically on plan continuously so there will be no whoosh of water loss for me. What I love about this is you still lose quite decent amounts of weight even when you have continued it. I hope to be at least 3lbs lighter by next Tuesday and 3 lbs in the middle of a diet is good enough for me.

My blood glucose is settling back around 5.0 so that is fine for my Monday test.

• posted by Anyexcuse
    on

How is everyone going today? Ive had a great breakfast and lunch, i certainly don’t feel hungry but I am getting the odd headache which is unusual for me… I am sure they will pass. Im drinking lots of water in some vain hope that helps.

Whats everyone having for supper tonight? Ive prepared the Spicy Turkey and Apricot Burgers with salad. They seem quite sloppy!!

Fingers crossed they taste delicious.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Maybe add a little salt to your food as well, you may be getting low if this is not something you usually do as the increased water intake can deplete it, along with the lower carbs releasing the bodies sodium stores.

• posted by SonFN
    on

Started Tuesday 6th June.
    Have 7 weeks until my holiday. Currently 63.9kg, 1.50m, 36 yo.
    Higher range of healthy Bmi range is 57.5kg so would like to achieve that as a first goal. Not sure it’s doable in 7 weeks but will kickstart it if nothing else!
    Good Luck all!

on

Still at 1.75 lbs and not looking forward to the weekend. As I have said on another thread having a few weekend drinks is my calorie downfall so feel free to bully me.

B. scrambled egg and grilled mushroom
    L. Spanish soup
    D. Skinny cottage pie
    Comes in at 690 cals leaving something for my evening snack.

• posted by Shaunamary
    on

Hello sunshine girl
    Don’t give in this weekend. You doing really well. Don’t do it. You’ve worked hard this week so don’t waste it. Btw recipe skinny cottage pie? Really struggling to keep down to 900..if have a snack eg almonds it’s 900 eadliynwith only 300 tea
    E.g. Rhubarb yog 270 (150 g yog)
    Spanish soup 270
    Almonds 12= 90
    Only leaves 170 if 800, 270 if 900
    Don’t know how to keep so low. Am hungry if don’t eat snack as dinner not til 8 and busy job in hospital. Any tips?

on

Shaunamary, does it count that I have just done 30 mins in the pool??? Surely that deserve just one. Recipe for skinny is in the Dr Claire and Sarah book. per person it is 75 gm lean mince, quarter small onion, clove garlic, 50 gm canned tomatoes, beef stock cube or stock pot, 1 tsp Worcester sauce (I prefer marmite) half carrot diced, herbs like bay, oregano, basil, I also throw in a few mushrooms little oil for cooking. Sweat onions, add garlic then add mince, cook until browned, add everything else to soften. Make topping which is 3 or 4 florets of cauli, 15gm cheddar cheese, teaspoon full fat fromage frais, small grating of parmesan, spring onion finely chopped, cook cauli then chuck everything else in as you would mashed pot except parmesan, put meat mixture in an oven proof dish top with cauli mix and grate over parmesan. Stick in oven for 25 mins at 200 C. Just like making mince and tatties. It is 310 calories and 8 carbs per serving but I bring it down a bit by using half red pepper half carrot and leave out the fromage frais and cheddar just using a sprinkle of parmesan and a splash of olive oil in the mash. Dont forget my ingredients are for one person only. Enjoy.

• posted by Anyexcuse
    on

How is everyone doing? I feel delighted I have managed to get to friday without cheating or eating cardboard. After 5 days I’ve lost 9lbs ( I have ALOT of weight to lose)….

Today we (DH and I ate)
    Breakfast- yogurt with passion fruit and Almonds
    Lunch- pear, ricotta and walnut salad (delicious)
    Supper- Harrisa chicken with salad (probably out favourite meal of the week.

Headaches seem to have passed.
    Not feeling hungry at all.
    Beginning to feel rejuvenated in the mornings
    so all in all it’s been a great first 5 days.

Target 4stone weight loss (weight lost to date 9lbs)

• posted by Anyexcuse
    on

Shaunamary is the rhubarb and yogurt 270 cal? I suggest you lower your breakfast to under 200.

I am not snacking, I’m using recipes from the back of the book but I too am coming in around 850-950cal.

I don’t think I could cope on much less!! ๐Ÿ˜‚

on

Shaunamary I would suggest the yog and rhubarb come in closer to 100 calories. A full fat Greek yoghurt is 80 cals and you can have 25 grams of rhubarb for 5 cals so I worked out 100 grams for 20 cals, giving you 100.

Well I havent given in but my weight was up by 0.4 kg this morning. Who knows

• posted by SaltySeaBird
    on

Hi all – how is everyone doing?
    I’ve had an interesting week – sugar-free (mostly) – I even met a friend for coffee and resisted the vanilla latte and cake! Yesterday, I had a small cupcake – I had made some for a neighbour and there were a few left so I decided to try one – it was awful! So sickly! I wonder how I ever ate them. There are still two left and I can’t face them. I’m actually very pleased that after only a week, I’m beginning to kick the sugar monster in the a***.
    Weight is stable – back under 9st which is my red line, but need to lose about 1/2 st more to get rid of the carb-baby I carry around!
    Keep smiling everyone – onwards and downwards.
    SSB

• posted by SaltySeaBird
    on

A day off-plan today, but consciously so – a small bowl of cheesy chips and a glass of San Miguel in the Sussex sunshine. I tried to enjoy them mindfully as in MM’s ‘Mindful Coffee and Cake’. Very enjoyable and no guilt.
    It was slightly mitigated as the pub is in the middle of a 12mile, very hilly bike ride so I’m sure I burned a few of the carbs off!
    Back to plan this evening with crust less pizza and salad.
    SSB

• posted by Shaunamary
    on

Hello everyone
    Thanks for help with breakfast and for skinny cott pie recipe sunshine girl
    Fed up as weighed 1 lb more today… can’t understand it
    Anyway.. bacon/ mushroom and beans breakfast 190
    Lunch: no carb ploughmans
    Dinner: steak burger ( Aldi no carbs) and salad
    Comes in at 870
    Making beetroot soup … but of pfaff
    No headaches.. just want some chips!!!!
    Any ideas for low calories dinners.. only get 350 cal left by dinner xx

• posted by Anyexcuse
    on

I’m feeling more energised!!!
    B- 2 grilled tomatoes with goats cheese
    L- small portion of left over harissa chicken and salad
    S- grilled pork medallionwith salsa verde cannellini mash and green beans

All v yummy!

I do feel I cooking even more than usual.. so today I made a huge batch of lamb and pinenut meat balls to freeze. Tomorrow I’m going to make beetroot falafels and try freezing them too.

Any quick and tasty lunch recipes anyone wants to share?

• posted by Username
    on

Joined this forum today so I am a newbie here.
    I have been following the BSD for 4 months and gone from 13st 10lbs to 10st 4lbs. I have another 2st to go but delighted to have discovered that my sugar addiction was the problem and now well on the road to recovery.

Wishing everybody good luck on their path to good health and happiness. Xx

• posted by Anyexcuse
    on

Username- what an amazing weight loss. Congratulations.
    I am hoping to lose 4 stone too. I started on Monday and have lost 9lbs.

Do you use MFP? If so I want to amend the nutrients % for fats, carbs, protein etc but on 800cal I don’t know what I should be amending them to. Do you know?

• posted by Username
    on

Thank you Anyexcuse,
    That’s really kind of you to reply.

Sorry I don’t calorie count and I don’t use MFP.

I just eat whole food, loads of vegetables and salad, lean meats, fish, nurse, berries, Greek Yogart and stay well clear of sugar in all its forms.

Really well done on your first 9lbs….that’s fantastic !
    Xx

• posted by Username
    on

Thank you Esnecca,
    I’m going to check that out.
    ๐Ÿ˜

• posted by Anyexcuse
    on

Username, thank you so much. I too will check it out.

• posted by Username
    on

Feeling great today… Was a pound lighter this morning now 10st 3lb…2 hours pulling up weeds in garden followed by 2 fried eggs and a black coffee.
    I’ve got a fitbit and it says I’ve done 4,297 steps today so far and it’s only 12noon. Aiming for 20,000 today ..better get a skip on. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

• posted by Anyexcuse
    on

Username – what on earth do you do to reach 20,000 steps in one day? I think i need to get off my arse and away from the computer!!

• posted by Username
    on

Yes me too !!
    I walk and walk – (got a dog)
    Sometimes I’ll do a walking workout – there’s loads on YouTube.
    I’ve got a treadmill at home and occasionally venture on it.
    I’m in a regular challenge with other fitbit users. It’s great and really motivational.
    ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ
    Even when I’m watching the telly I’ll be matching on the spot ! I know … sounds bonkers ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Anyexcuse
    on

Username- that’s awesome. I need a Fitbit…

• posted by Username
    on

I would definitely recommend a fitbit to anyone who is wanting to get fitter and/or lose weight, it shows your progress, calories used, sleep patterns and soooooo much more. I have the HR Charge 2.

Just got home from a walk on the Malvern Hills and clocked up 23,000 steps. Tired legs now but feel energized. ๐Ÿ˜

Tucking in to Greek Yogurt and frozen cherries. The cherries freeze the yogurt so it’s kidda like ice cream without the sugar. Cherries have a special sort of sugar which won’t spike your blood sugar.

• posted by Anyexcuse
    on

Username- I think I will ask for one for my birthday.
    I love the idea of frozen cherries and Greek yogurt, sounds delicious.

• posted by Shaunamary
    on

Morning all.. username that’s amazing. Yes I’d like a Fitbit.. think will have to ask for Xmas!! 5lb down so hip hip! did the grilled apricots and yoghurt. Much better calorie wise 140 .. and delicious! Btw beetroot soup disgusting yuk yuk!! Threw rest out ! Chorizo soup it is!! Going to try harissa chicken !
    Good luck everyone! Xx

• posted by Username
    on

Well done Shaunamary, 5lbs is a great start.

I love beetroot but like you not sure about beetroot soup. I had a beetroot, walnut and feta burger without bun recently and it was delicious, the chef at our local pub is an amazing cook.

Have a great week too, keeping it all level ๐Ÿ˜

• posted by IttyEzzy
    on

Well, we’ve survived the first week! I’ve lost 8 lbs and my partner has lost 10 lbs so both feeling very positive. We’re not counting calories because we see this as a life style change rather than a diet. We’ve cut out bread, potatoes, rice and pasta, plus sugary treats (chocolate, cakes, biscuits are our usual downfall). We are enjoying the recipes, and where there are ingredients we really don’t like (spinach!) we substitute. We’re also learning which of our regular meals we can still include, or adapt. Good luck for week 2 everyone!

• posted by kentgirl68
    on

I started last Saturday and have lost 6lbs plus 1 inch from my waist and 2 inches from my hips – very happy! Good luck everyone else.

Jude

• posted by Anyexcuse
    on

How is everyone? I had a delicious lunch today ,the chicken and asparagus salad. I can highly recommend it. The Sams dressing is made with sour cream, garlic and dill plus pine nuts. Totally delicious.

After 9 days I am already feeling more energised๐Ÿ˜„

• posted by IttyEzzy
    on

18 June – end of Week 2. After a good positive start, it has been really hard this week. At this morning’s weigh-in I am the same weight as last Sunday, and my waist measurement hasn’t changed. Hubby has actually put ON 2 pounds and his waist measurement has gone UP! We have stuck rigidly to the plan and have neither of us cheated or lapsed. So disheartened. I have been hungry but not fancied a lot of the recipes. Could eat no-carb ploughman’s every day! Definitely do not like spinach or avocado so they’re off the menu. Liked the fish pie (topped with mashed cauliflower instead of celeriac) and the green beans with soy sauce and sesame seeds.

• posted by Shaunamary
    on

Hi Itsyetsy
    Try not to be disheartened. Stick to it and it will come off. Think u lost a lot last week (?) and you will probably have a really good week week 3. It’s also very hot and I’m drinking lots and am a bit swollen. I’ve been to friends and eaten carbs ( they’d bought gf bread in 30degrre walk especially so felt had to eat) drunk wine and eaten crisps. Back on it tom. Had lost 61/2 so only 11/2 this week. After today will have e out on. Try to think of long haul and check your weights and fluid intake. Had to take stuff to encourage my bowels this week… maybe that’s adding to it? X

• posted by IttyEzzy
    on

Thanks for your encouragement Shaunamary. We’re trying to keep positive because we both actually feel better in ourselves for having made the change. Hoping for a better week in Week 3! We’ve put bottles of water with lime juice in the fridge so we have plenty of cold drinks available in this sweltering heat. Yesterday for our main meal we had beef tomatoes stuffed with tuna, plus a salad. Today it was Caesar salad with chicken but no croutons and I also made Parmesan crisps from the recipes. They took a lot longer than 2 minutes but were tasty, so we’ll do it again. This week I’ve bought chia seeds and harissa paste as they seem to feature a lot, so we’re gradually broadening our menu.

• posted by Anyexcuse
    on

Hello, how is everyone doing?I have just been away on a Retreat. It was AMAZING!! Ate lots of delicious healthy food although they did inc rice in the meals which i was disappointed about.
    I weighed myself this morning and have gained 1lb which I dont think is too bad considering I had virtually no control over the food.
    Trying to be good today but i am weirdly VERY hungry….

• posted by Username
    on

I’d absolutely love to go on a retreat. Where was it ? I hope you feel refreshed. X

• posted by Anyexcuse
    on

H my friend Lucy Peel has just started to run retreats. We went to her friends house on the Isle of Wight nr Yarmouth. THe location was divine and we ate wonderfully healthy foods, yoga , reiki and massages.
    http://www.naturopathyforhealth.co.uk
    Lucy is actually based near Frome

• posted by Anyexcuse
    on

Hello,
    Is this thread still active?? I love sharing our recipes and success/ trying hard stories !!

I’m 2.5 weeks in and have lost 1 stone!! I’m so thrilled. I have another 2 stone to go but it feels fabulous x

• posted by Shaunamary
    on

Hello! Been meaning to post. Tricky weekend as with friends but back on since Monday. Now 7.5 down so v pleased. Well done you! That’s amazing. Want to lost 12 lbs from here xxx
    Keep going everyone!! X

• posted by JCH187
    on

Hello! I restarted yesterday, last year I lost 28lbs on the 8 week plan but then fell off the wagon. I’m not doing the 800 this time but following the principles of the BSD and aiming for around 1200 calories a day, I know what works for me and what doesn’t. Had a good day yesterday but feeling quite hungry today for some reason. FF Greek yogurt with seeds and a few raspberries for breakfast and a chicken salad for lunch, just had a few nuts to try and fend off the hunger pangs! Would be happy to have some moral support from fellow starters ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Anyexcuse
    on

JCH187 your story sounds similar to me! I lost over 2.25 stone in 2015 but promptly gained most of it last year. Its taken me 42 yrs to finally realise what an emotional eater/ drinker I really am. In 2015 i lost the weight by going sugar free and keeping to under 1200 cal.

However, I have now decided that I need to take charge of my body and my head and pull myself together once and for all. So I’m week 3 of the BSD and loving it despite having a weekend away last weekend and gaining 1lb I am back on track and have hit 1 stone weight loss already.

I made a fab filling Malaysian Curry form Hemsley and Hemsley on Monday and am eating my way through it at the moment. its filling and nutritious.

I have also realised that SUCCESS = ORGANISATION

j x

• posted by JCH187
    on

Yes me too Anyexcuse, eat when I’m bored, lonely, fed up you name it. I gave up booze about 7 years ago so luckily that’s not an issue for me.

Yesterday ended ok, although I was hungry mid afternoon an earlyish dinner sorted that out and I went to bed feeling satisfied. Organisation is definitely key, I remembered from last time I need to be organised with my food shop and know what I’m going to eat for the week. I have a couple of weeks now of nothing much social going on so that should put me on the right track!

Does anyone else get leg cramps? I suffered with them last time and it started again in the night. I drank 2l of water yesterday plus some tea and coffee so I think I’m drinking enough.

on

Just very quickly for JCH187, try adding a little salt to your diet, the water is flushing the minerals from your body and that can cause cramps.

• posted by JCH187
    on

Thanks, I’ll try that, not too keen on salt in food but if it stops the cramps then I’ll try!

on

Dont put salt in your food, I am not saying that but maybe once in a blue moon put a small pinch of salt on your egg or tomato, or just wet your finger and dip it in the salt and lick it off. Not daily not often. You can also buy sachets of mixed minerals (Diaoralyte) for people with the trots who deplete their salts, again one a week.

• posted by SaltySeaBird
    on

Hi all, I’m just coming on here to sound off because I’m feeling so hateful of myself. I have read the book (at least 4 times!), watched the videos, bought the recipe books and lost 10lbs. I know how great I feel when I stick to low-carb – so why on earth did I eat a baguette with crisps at lunchtime today?! There is a demon which seems to override not only what I know, but also what I feel- I feel bloated and uncomfortable this evening and very, very, fed up with myself, and yet I know the same little ‘b*****d will tempt me again tomorrow. What’s so annoying is that I didn’t even enjoy the bread.
    Sorry for moaning
    SSB

• posted by janeandmoses
    on

Hey it’s called being human don’t be despondent you are losing weight what’s wrong with the odd treat! I think I’ll give up now If I can never have something I really like ever again. You had a treat tomorrow back on it. You are doing great x

• posted by SaltySeaBird
    on

Thank you janeandmoses,
    Yes – definitely starting again tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜Š
    SSB

• posted by janeandmoses
    on

Good girl, I’m on a night out tomorrow I have good intentions but mmm not sure they will work so may be contacting you tomorrow to get me back on track x

Please log in or register to post a reply.