Starting today….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ela
    on

5ft 1. 11st 2… Nearing fourty. Fuzzy headed, no energy, grumpy and totally addicted to carbs. Family history of diabetes. Not very good at sticking to a diet but 56 days sounds like a reachable goal. Craving cadburys and potatoes already. The hardest thing for me will be feeding my husband and sons.

• posted by Hawkeye1
    on

You will be fine! I thought the same but actually I just leave out the pots, rice etc from mine. I have also introduced them to the ideas as well, that way not only are they all backing me but we are ALL eating better! Just starting week 2 and lost 7lbs in the first week. My kids are also sleeping better which I’m sure is down to the change of eating.

Good luck – ban cadburys from the house, that’s what I did!

• posted by Ela
    on

Thanks… Day one has come and gone and it was ok… Watched ‘That Sugar Film’ last night on you tube… Wow, everyone should watch it!

• posted by Floraellen
    on

After reading your entry l also watched The Sugar Film.What have we been doing to ourselves?. What future have my grandchildren got? It should be compulsory watching. Thanks so much for mentioning it. I am very thoughtful now and only hope that all the damage l have caused myself can be partially rectified. I have struggled with low fat diets and diet products for years and slowly the weight crept on and the diabetes started and the blood sugar kept on rising and the medication was increased and the weight kept creeping up and the blood sugar kept on rising and and and at last maybe.

• posted by Ela
    on

Today, day three was harder… Very tired but the 4 lb weight loss showed on my scales this morning spurred me on and despite dinner at the inlaws I kept myself fairly in check and resisted the roast potatoes and parsnips… Only 53 more days to go! Ela

• posted by pmshrink
    on

That’s great Ela
    Penny

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I started monday and after 3 days with high fasting sugar readings (9.6. 9.8. and 12 :O ) Today was 7.8 🙂
    Hopefully this is the start of better things.
    BTW, celeriac, boiled mashed with a knob of butter and white pepper is a very acceptable substitute for mash.
    Keep it up folks, it’s all good.

• posted by Highland Margo
    on

I started 17 days ago. Have lost 11lbs – delighted. I have not been diagnosed type 2 yet. My fasting blood sugars have been high for a few years now regularly over 7 and sometimes over 8. It is now down to 5.7 already. I have a family history of diabetes and I think I was eating my way towards it with my head in the sand.

• posted by Highland Margo
    on

Yep know the feeling . Skinny husband cupboards full of biscuits sweets etc.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Although I live on my own which makes dieting easier I still manage to have friends and family round for meals. I calculate the overall calories in a dish – so if I am cooking for three people I may divide the total calories by 4 and give myself one quarter and divide the remainder between the two guests. Just by leaving out the carbs I can eat the same food. I also use the Fast diet recipe book which helps when catering for others, I may make two low calorie meals from the book and have a half portion of each for myself. Guests are happy with their two course delicious meal.
    Investing in a spiraliser to make courgetti has been really helpful. A ‘starter’ of courgetti with a simple dressing of garlic and chilli with a small sprinkle of parmesan or a tablespoon of low fat cream cheese stirred in is only around 100 calories or so.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

OMG I totally agree!!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.