Starting today 16.1.17

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Salma1985
    on

Hi there!
    My names Sal and I’m starting today.
    Can anyone provide me with some example meal plans by any chance? Looking forward to connecting with others about their journeys on this diet.
    My main issue is a love of red wine, the inhibition regarding self control around potato chips after a couple of reds haha and needing to give my liver a break.
    Thanks

• posted by Shel1988l
    on

Also starting today, my plan today is 2 boiled eggs for breakfast, plain yoghurt and blueberries for lunch and a stuffed pepper with mushrooms, onions, plum tomatoes and 25g cheddar with a small slice of pork leg. 725 calories. Looking forward to finding out how others spend their 800 calories. Good luck Sal x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Sal
    Firstly, well done on making a positive change in starting the BSD today. Try to ditch the wine for the 8wks of the BSD, or keep it to the very occasional 100ml glass and add the cals and carbs into your daily allowance.

As far as meal plans go, you could follow the one in the book. However, if you want to create your own meal plan, think in terms of a protein source and green veggies or salad for main meals; my go to is full fat yogurt for breakfast, with various toppings to ring the changes day on day and lunch tends to be egg or cheese based – today for instance, I lined a bun tin with lean thin cut ham, dropped a few grams of chopped up cheddar in the bottom and topped with one large whisked egg, then baked in the oven until set. Other days, I’ll have salad or use gem lettuce leafs instead of bead, and add various toppings.

Take a look at the recipes on the website too, as there is plenty of inspiration there too. Hope you manage to put together something that suits your palette and life style.

Good luck with it all …

• posted by Salma1985
    on

Hi there!
    Thanks so much for your messages.
    I survived day one ha ha.
    I had generous servings of vegies for breakfast and lunch, then a small serving of roast pork with bbq’d greens for dinner. I believe I ‘blew out’ to approximately 825 calories but feeling okay about it for a first day. I managed to do 40 mins on the treadmill and did the same this morning. Just got to keep it up.
    Got my lunch for work sorted today – a bit more exciting than the vegies yesterday. Salad of cucumber, tomato, basil (yum!) carrot, celery with tuna and a balsamic dressing.
    Dinner plan is takeaway so I’ll be getting a salad with a protein of some description.
    Feeling good so far. Drinking loads of water 🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sounds like you’re doing well Sal. Don’t worry about being a bit over, it will all balance out over the weeks. One small comment, watch the intake of tomatoes, onions and root veggies inc. carrots, as they are higher in carbs than you might think. No need to cut them out completely, but treat them with caution. You’ve made a great start though, so keep going and let us know your results when you weigh-in.

• posted by Salma1985
    on

Wowzers. So, Monday – Thurs this week I’ve lost 2.7kgs. I realise it’s water weight but feeling a bit lighter already. I felt absolutely horrendous yesterday, achey, tired, horrible, but today feel like I’ve overcome the diet detox blues and feel really great.
    Going away camping with friends over the weekend, may have a light drink but have let them know that I won’t be cheating eating wise. Am thinking I will pre prepare some veggie skewers for the bbq with a serving of protein. Maybe supermarket bought prawn skewers – seems safe.
    I hope everyone’s having a good week!

Please log in or register to post a reply.