Starting today

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tyrone
    on

Hello all,

I’ve been procrastinating for far too long with this but now I’ve finally taken the plunge and am doing it. Essentially I aim to rid myself of the Type 2 diabetes that I’ve acquired because I let myself go for the past 10 years. Previous attempts of diet and exercise have all failed and the rebound effect only made me gain more weight. I tried the 5:2 a few years back but found 500 calories just far to hard to stick to. My GP has encouraged me to get onto this and in combination with taking up regular swimming I see get the results I need.

• posted by Jescinta
    on

All the best Tyrone. I’m srarting 800 fast tomorrow had ahoulder surgery on Wednesday 16th January.
    Need to lose so weight and try and get inflammation down in my body to help recovery.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome and best wishes to you both for every success. Please do join in on other threads on the forum – we’re a friendly bunch and you’ll be welcome on any thread you feel is relevant to you. Shout out if you have any questions or need encouragement and support, some one will be along to help out.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Tyrone and welcome. You will find lots of support, advice and encouragement on this site. Many of us have been in the same place, and have found that this way of eating really works. Can I suggest that you take a look at the thread “One week at a time…” (you will find it under recent topics under the Forums heading). That thread draws together newcomers, maintainers and many in-betweeners and is very welcoming. Very best wishes for your new start.

• posted by Tyrone
    on

Thanks guys, much appreciated 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.