Starting the Fast 800 tomorrow

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Juss185
    on

Hi All,

My partner and I are going to try and start the Fast 800 tomorrow. He’s been a type 1 diabetic since childhood, so he won’t be following it exactly, but I want to stick to it fully. We both need to lose a couple of stone each in total (I’m 12 st 6 lbs/80 kg, he’s 16 stone/100kg) and we really need a kickstart to get us going and have more motivation. I know that once he puts his mind to a diet my partner can stick to it, but I on the other hand, always fail/sabotage everything by the weekend! 🙁

We moved in together about 3 years ago and in that time we’ve both put on 2-3 stone each by just being comfortable and lazy. We also live in the city centre, so restaurants and take aways are easy temptation for us. In this time I’ve gone from a size 10 to a size 14 and I’m really unhappy with the way I look. We’ve ended up throwing most of our clothes out or giving them to charity shops as nothing fits us anymore. I live in the same t-shirts and jeans every week.

I have plantar fasciitis/flat feet which in the last year has become really painful and stopped me from walking to work or doing much exercise at all, which I think has also contributed to the weight gain and makes the pain worse. My physio referred me to Slimming World, but I’ve not stuck to it at all! We also have 2 close friend’s weddings coming up next month and want to lose some weight by then and we would also like to go on holiday (I haven’t been abroad for 4 years) but we’re too embarrassed about our weight to wear shorts/swimming costumes.

I took the quizzes and my addiction to carbs and sugar is really unhealthy. I need to make changes now, before I put on even more weight! My main concern is that I’m going to fall of the wagon without my trusty sugar and carbs!

An example day for me could be:

Cereal or toast for breakfast
    Tea/sugar free squash throughout the day
    A couple of portions of fruit
    Lunch of salad or soup or jacket potato
    Yogurt

All seems pretty healthy, then as soon as I get home I binge on everything I can. I’ll have a family sized bag of crisps, packet of biscuits, chocolate bar, bottle of diet coke etc.

Any advise/tips for someone starting out and how to beat the cravings for sugar and carbs?

Thanks! Sorry for the life story, but I feel like I needed to write it down and get all my feelings out!

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Juss185, I hope you have had an encouraging start to your day. I am feeling hungry so I was reading through posts, it doesn’t exactly stop the rumbles but it inspires me not to mindlessly munch!

When I started (really only 2 weeks ago?) I was a bit apprehensive as to how I would get on without my carbs and sugar. I’m mostly addicted to things like crisps and chips and love white rice, more than sweet things. The first few days I felt quite ill, but strangely didn’t crave carbs, just had the carb withdrawal symptoms and was determined that if that was how I felt, I must break the addiction.

Keep at it and it gets easier and the food we can eat is truly enjoyable. I find soup one of the most filling things, and add little squares of cheese 🙂 I’ve lost 10lb and 8oz last weigh and the quick results help to keep you on the wagon. All the best

Please log in or register to post a reply.