Starting soon-questions about #meals and protein

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lisa W
    on

I lost 100 pounds 4 years ago on a very similar diet that I designed myself, but I did allow more starchy carbs. However, I often ate only one meal a day, around 5pm (total of 500-700 cals a day). On weekends, I sometimes had 2 meals (Breakfast and Dinner). I also occasionally did 2 fasting days in a row, with only broth or lemon water. The main reason I am trying this is because I am having yearly blood work done at end of March and need my A1C to be below 6. I have not been officially diagnosed as a Type 2 diabetic but I am very obese and a store bought test had my A1C at a 7 a few months ago. Last year’s blood work was normal.

Must a person eat 2-3 meals a day for this to work?
    Are complete fast days (bone broth and water) OK to do 2 times a week?

Also…when I have done low carb in the past, sometimes a kidney will ache and/or I feel like I pass a stone on occasion. It is not horrible enough to go to a doctor but it is a concern. If I add more starchy carbs, this never happens. I also find that my system gets blocked up from too much protein. If I add even a small portion of starch, such as Quinoa or a Pita, I am fine.

Any thoughts?

Please log in or register to post a reply.