Starting my BSD journey today! Sat 15 Sept 2018

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by FreshStart
    on

Kia ora, folks

I’m a 46-year-old woman from New Zealand who’s lurked these boards on and off over the years. I love the support I read here and I’m keen to come out of the shadows now and be a part of it.

I’m Type 2 diabetic. My diet is pretty terrible and my exercise almost zilch. I’m hoping that by documenting my journey here I can turn my health around. I would love to read any words of advice you might have for me. And if you want to join me, even better!

My plan is to do the 800 calories a day diet within a 12pm to 8pm window, so there’s an element of fasting in my day. I also plan to walk at least 30 minutes a day or go to the pools, which I find intimidating. So please send me any words of encouragement!

It’s midnight in NZ now, but when I get up in the morning I will weigh myself and take my blood sugars and post them here.

Can’t wait to start this journey and hear from you good folk!

• posted by KristenLouise
    on

Kia ora from Wellington 😀. I’m starting Sunday so happy to join you on this journey. I’ve been doing this WOE for a while now but haven’t been consistent enough to maintain any losses. I do find that whilst the weight comes off quickly, it also comes back quickly. Now that spring is here, I’m desperate to lose a LOT of weight before summer arrives! Especially if it’s going to be another hot one like last year – it’s no fun being overweight in the heat !

• posted by Katiedid
    on

Hi! I’m from Wellington NZ too – and am also starting today! Iv been doing weight watchers but have hit a brick wall and am not losing anymore (too many ‘free foods’) that you don’t have to count. I need something strict to get the weight loss moving. Looking forward to this journey! 😀

• posted by FreshStart
    on

Kia ora again from Welly! Thanks for replying to my post. Looking forward to reading about your progress also.

Eek… so moment of truth time. I said I was going to share my weight and blood sugar levels so here goes:

100.5 kgs
    Blood sugar: 6.6

Yeah, I got a long way to go, but feeling motivated. 8 weeks in will take me to the start of summer, so fingers crossed for a healthy, slimmer summer!

on

Hang on – are we all in Wellington??! What are the odds! I had some great motivation today. I was in a shop and a woman was trying on a size 10 summer dress. It looked great but she just kept staring at the mirror so finally the shop assistant asked Did she not like it, and she said she has gone from a size 20 to a size 10 in the last eight months. What an amazing effort! Did it by doing WeightWatchers. So that’s my incentive – I want to be gazing in disbelief at my reflection in a size 10 dress! 😆

• posted by Katiedid
    on

That’s pretty ranfom we are all from Wellington. Right oh – let’s give this our all. I am having a gin (and soda). But fear not – I’v written it down in my little blue note book (64cals). 😀

• posted by Stevepoker28
    on

Hi, my partner is from Wellington but we both live in Sydney! I too am embarking on this journey and have to confess to being a little worried about the low calorie aspect of it. I’ve tried every diet under the sun and also been doing Weight Watchers recently with very little effect. I am hoping this will give me a kick start and the encouragement I need to keep going and get to my goal weight of 100kg! Yes, thats my goal so here goes. Current weight 125.7 kg blood sugar in excess of 8!

Steve

• posted by FreshStart
    on

oh fab! welcome everyone! Wellingtonians or by association or not!

I’m coming to the end of my first day. my eating window is 12pm to 8pm and it’s just after 7pm now. I had a filling vegetarian salad with rice, tomatoes, beans, avo, lettuce, etc. but earlier today I had 3 crumpets with peanut butter for lunch, which probably not the best choice. I like the idea of keeping a food diary, so thanks for mentioning that Katesuccess. have started that too…

Steve, that’s a great goal! I think it’s easier for men to lose more weight so looking forward to your updates.

And KristenLouise, I think I will need a few 8-week diets to get into a size 10 dress, but can’t wait for you to get there. i could aim for a comfortable size 16, though

Go us!

• posted by FreshStart
    on

also, my goal weight is to get under 90kgs by the end of the 8 weeks

• posted by Stevepoker28
    on

Day 2 and I’ve started a diary. Its more than a food diary because I’m trying to document how I feel. As an emotional eater I am 100% certain that my problems are mental and my poor attitude to food and dieting. I’m filling up on fizzy water at the moment trying to decide when to have my fish meal and what it will be. Today will be tough.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Wellitonians! I’m not from NZ and I’m an ‘old timer’ here, but just wanted to say welcome to you all and to offer best wishes as you embark on your BSD journey. It’s important to recognise that this is not a quick fix diet, but a new way of eating for life. Yes, the Fast 800 is to get the weight dropping quickly and this has a very positive action on blood sugars. However, to maintain the losses once at target weight, the future is low carb eating, because there is no returning to our old pattern of eating – that is what brought us all to seeking the BSD in the first place and will do again if we return to old patters. So, yes to increased calories, but no to over increasing carbs because the pounds will creep back up again.

However you are all at the beginning though and focus needs to be on what you are doing right now, so be sure to keep good levels of hydration, include plenty of fats for fullness and be honest about what you are consuming – weigh, measure and record everything consumed …… and yourself frequently, so that you can celebrate the small achievements as well as the milestones. This helps to keep you focused and motivated.

Oh … and make good use of the forum, join any thread that looks relevant and consider joining a challenge too. There are monthly and weekly challenges running, which are populated by people at various stages along the BSD path, so there is a wealth of knowledge, wisdom, support and encouragement to be had there. You’ll get a warm welcome on any of the threads.

Finally, hope you are happy with progress so far and if you have any issues, shout out and someone should be along with advice. Best of luck to you all for continued good progress ….

• posted by seriousmission
    on

thanks for your wise words SunnyB. I’m not from Wellington either (bizzarely it seems!) but also starting the 8 week 800 calories diet today after thinking about it for way too long. I’m facing the reality that it is nearly 10 years that I have been trying to loose weight unsuccessfully. I’m determined to do this and it would be great to support each other through it.
    My stats: 77kg – I want to get to 63kg which was my weight pre-children.
    I’m following week 4 (doing it back to front!) of the book to the letter as I can’t trust myself to do my own thing – I know from experience that I will go off-piste very quickly if left to my own devices. I also need to prepare myself mentally that this first week will probably be very hard but hopefully things will get easier and I’ll get into the swing of it.
    Good luck everyone!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi seriousmission – it seems daunting, but it is very doable and I’m confident you will be seeing good results very soon. Sticking with the book is a good way to go, especially if you think that by going your own way, you will quickly go astray. You might be surprised by how easily your body adjusts to the new regime, or it might be more challenging than you thought, often depending on how reliant your body has been to carbs previously. Time will tell though and I’m certain you will be posting some positive results soon.

• posted by Mom2Boxers
    on

Starting today! I am an American and have been eating low carb/high fats for over a month. I am on a stall and hoped this might help me along faster. I have to get under 200 lbs before September 30th. You wouldn’t think it would be hard since I have been bouncing around 200 – 202 lbs for over a month. Menopause! Hope we all have great success!

• posted by Stevepoker28
    on

Got through day 2 and almost had a relapse at 10:30pm when I headed for the fridge. In the end I took a bite of smoked salmon and some left over chicken instead of the sliced cheese which is my normal sin. I think I still kept under 800 cals so went to bed feeling happy.

This morning I weighed myself and amazingly had lost 2.5kg. In 2 days! Okay I know it’s mainly water but it was a real boost and encouraged me to walk to work this morning over the Sydney Harbour Bridge. I felt great and the world looked very different. My mood at work was happy and positive which I am sure the people around me appreciated.

Today will be a good day and so far so good. Thanks BSD.

• posted by FreshStart
    on

Welcome everyone! and WOW Steve! that’s bloody awesome! and inspiring to read

I weighed today and I’m the same weight! so I think I need to take the calorie counting a bit more seriously. I thumbed through my copy of the book again and the recipes discourage carbs like rice, potatoes, and bread. I ate a cup of homemade vege fried rice for lunch today but according to internet is less than 300 calories. but, yeah, need to be better with the food.

I went for a brisk walk today so that’s something.

despite the disappointing start, i haven’t given up.

anyone want to share some EASY calorie-light meals/recipes? I worked out that a simple boiled egg, half avo, one tomato salad is about 200 calories. anyone else?

• posted by Wolfgirl
    on

Hi everyone
    I just started today. In Australia, not NZ though 😉 Weighed myself this morning and wrote it down in my little book. Seeing that number didn’t make me sad for the first time in ages as I feel I’m actually doing something about it!
    Because everyone says planning is key, I did a big shop this morning to fill the fridge and cupboards with all the good stuff and it was very satisfying. Even threw out the biscuits that were sitting in the cupboard and felt good about it; Bye carbs!! Spent some time reading MM’s book on the weekend and then went and bought the recipe book yesterday- I’m following the exact plan from the recipe book so am on day one, week one. Don’t feel hungry (yet) but I’ve just had lunch, lol!
    Good luck to you all- don’t give up. You CAN do it. WE can do it. Every hour of every day is a little step towards that goal.

xx

• posted by Mom2Boxers
    on

Thanks SunnyB. I appreciate any input or tips you can pass along!!
    Great attitude, Steve, and congrats on that loss. I would make me happy, too!
    FreshStart, you can do it!! We need to stay away from all the “white stuff” .. keep it simple. I am thinking a nice omelette for breakfast.
    Let’s do this, SeriousMission!! Following the recipes in the book sounds like a great way to follow the plan. I will have a look at them tomorrow.
    We both started the same day, WolfGirl!! I need ideas for keeping away the hungries at night.
    (((((Group Hug!!!))))

• posted by Katiedid
    on

Hey everyone. I love hearing your updates. Well I’m finishing day 3 and have stuck to 800 cals and very low carb – but I am hungry and kind of feel empty. I’v had so many hot drinks today (mainly black coffee x2, and herbal teas). The evenings are the hardest for me – mom2boxers I need ideas for the evenings too 😀 I think/hope it will get easier. Let’s keep going everyone 🌺🌸🌼

• posted by Stevepoker28
    on

Hey katesuccess I too find the evenings the hardest. After a good day of carefully watching what you eat and feeling relaxed I often lapse and head for the fridge. Being part of a family I cannot simply remove all the bad things so temptation is there every day. I try and keep my stuff on one shelf and keep it at eye level which helps a bit. I am amazed I have no headaches, the last Keto diet nearly killed me with headaches so my body seems to respond better to the BSD.

It is very inspiring reading all your stories so do keep going. You are not alone 😀

Steve

on

Fresh Start, I keep my meals really simple. Yoghurt, berries, chia seeds for breakfast. Eggs and salad for lunch. Green veges and a protein for tea – either tofu, fish or lentils. I keep my carbs around 50g. I tried dropping down to 20g but found I had to be too restrictive on vegetables, which I don’t think is a good thing.
    Steve – great result!! Good for you! 😀

on

Well done everyone – keep going, we can do it!
    Steve, that is a brilliant result!
    I have been drinking so many herbal teas just to feel I’m consuming something. Makes me realise how often I graze and pick.
    Starting Day 2 and yesterday went well – I usually feel very hungry and weak and if I go anywhere near carbs it’s very hard but it went well – the book recipes are surprisingly filling – I think it’s the protein and fat element.
    Started today with scrambled eggs and tomatoes and feeling ok.
    No change on the scales after one day but I am going to try and weigh weekly as it demotivates me too much if I don’t see a change.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

A big welcome to you (mostly) downunders! 🙂 That’s pretty amazing that so many of you are from Wellington!
    Anyway, I just wanted to wish all of you the very best and much success as you embark on this way of eating!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by JGwen
    on

Some of us have found keeping our hands busy, or focusing attention on something helps in an evening. – For me its knitting, I can work on a simple pattern while watching TV. Others find jigsaws are a good solution.
    ———–
    I have also found having a strong WHY is really important. – A figure on the scales, or a target amount to loose weight can inspire, but no where near as strongly as having a specific target. – A sport you want to be fit enough to resume, a special event you want to look good for. Avoiding having to take medications. – Its individual for all of us, but its much more powerful than the combination of what the scales will show when faced with the desire to nibble.

• posted by Mom2Boxers
    on

KateSuccess — well done on getting to day 3 and keeping the calories under 800! I am open to all suggestions about nighttime hunger. I drank an herbal tea before bedtime, then work up at 3 am feeling hungry. I got up and drank 8 oz. of water and played a game on the computer. Ha! I am retired, so I don’t have to get up at any certain time in the morning.

Kristen Louise – it sounds as if you are doing low carb Mediterranean and carbs under 50g is fantastic. I am determined to keep my carbs under 20 net grams, so for me … keeping the calories under 800 is a challenge so far. This is just my second day, so I am working on my meal plan and hope to accomplish this, too.

SeriousMission – I am doing the 16:8 IF daily (so far, anyway). I am hoping this will allow me more fats along with the proteins. I am trying hard to keep the carbs low, too ….. and I did drop some weight already from only one day. I just got under the 200 lb mark .. barely. 199.8 lbs. I know it is fluid, but it made me happy. May we all have great success!!!

KazzUk – thanks for the warm welcome (even though I am from across the pond). 😉

JGwen – you are spot on as far as staying busy and having a strong “why”. I turn 68 years old the end of September, and I no longer want to be an obese senior lady. I don’t feel like being like this anymore. Plain and simple. I have already dropped 12 lbs but it has taken me since February of this year (2018). I am switching things up by following this low calorie BSD. I am just in this one day, and already fighting the hungriness, but I determined as well. I love to play games on the computer. That keeps me busy.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Steve – great result! Why not post your positives on the ‘Positive Thoughts …. ‘ thread, we’d love to have you adding in your positives too.
    Freshstart – it’s important to understand not all calories are equal and that it’s necessary to keep an eye on the carbs as well as the calories. On the BSD it’s important to keep them low. It’s a steep learning curve after all the years of being told low fat, high carb – getting to grips with low carb, high fat really is a challenge. Don’t panic about a stall or even a small gain. Weigh loss is not linear, so there will be days when the scales don’t tell us what we’re hoping for.
    JGwen is right, finding distractions can really help when the munchies strike. If it’s in the evening, perhaps go take a bath and clean your teeth, if it’s during the day and your situation permits, try taking a walk. It’s also important to establish whether you are really hungry – if you find yourself mindlessly reaching for something to eat, ask yourself if you are really hungry, or just want the feel of food in your mouth? If you need to snack, make it something lowcarb/ BSD friendly and a few extra calories once in a while won’t matter.
    Keep going – keep on, keeping on and you’ll all get to where you want to be.

• posted by Stevepoker28
    on

Its 4am and this is the second time I’ve woken up and wished I could sleep through. Peeing during the night is apparently very common for diabetics but I’ve always been a light sleeper. I immediately felt hungry and breakfast feels like a long time away. Even then with only 800 calories a day I know I cannot go crazy and use up all my daily allowance or I will never get through another day. The temptation to grab something from the fridge is enormous so I make myself a herbal tea instead.
    I am working from home today which will be a challenge as there is plenty of food and temptation in the house. Working at work does at least provide a distraction for 8 hours and in a way I do find it easier not to snack. This is going to be tough, my hardest day yet but I am still determined and writing this to you all makes it a tad easier. Wish me luck and good luck to my fellow insomniacs.

Steve

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hello everyone
    I am a Brit, living in France but have 2 sons in Cairns Australia so feeling closer to them knowing there are Ozzies on here 😉
    Just to share my experience.I am only on Week 3 but believe me it does get easier and hunger becomes very manageable. I pretty quickly found a pattern of eating which involves one meal a day at 7pm and nothing but fluids until the same time the next day.

It wasn’t deliberate but I find it easy to eat nothing when I am working . Weekends are a bit more tricky but I am following the advice to cut the carbs while keeping within the 800 cals. I love the recipes in the BSD recipe book . 5,2 Healthy Eating For Life by Belinda Berry also has some simple , tasty recipes as does Slimspirational by Lynette Anderson.

Simple meals I often turn to are omelettes with smoked salmon, Indian spicy prawns, Baked Peppers with a filling of spinach and mushroom topped with an egg, Greek salad with feta and olives and lots of baked fish with a coconut crust , roast veg.

I love Greek yoghurt with chia berry jam ( frozen berries mashed and simmered with a little water with added chia seeds. Looks like jam, tastes tart but you get used to it)

I occasioanlly have a square of Lindt choc..78 or 90%. You can’t eat too much of it but it hits the spot .

I now have a total aversion to what I call ‘crap food’ : anything processed is out. I don’t know if it helps anyone but I see these foods as BAD….they do me no good whatsoever and that is the question I ask myself before putting anything in my mouth. I am fortunate in that I don’t have serious cravings. I feel full after my evening meal. I try to see food as my nourishment, , doing me good. It’ s taken me a while to get to that way of thinking but I don’t think I will ever go back to high carb food now.
    Week 3 and so far I am down 4 kilos so it works . I have at least 20 kilos to lose but with the great support and insight on here it’s doable. There are some fantastic success stories on here …absolutely incredible .They are my inspiration.

Don’t be discouraged by the evening munchies or having the occasional blip.It’s not a competition.We all adjust at different rates but it’s important not to fall into the guilt trap. Keep going lovely people. xx

on

That’s so inspiring wendleg – you’ve made it to week 3, absolutely brilliant! I’m now starting day 3 and it has gone much better than I thought. It also shows you how important your mindset is because before whenever I’ve tried this I’ve never been able to last more than a day. I’m now 100% determined and really enjoying the recipes from the plan in the book.
    Despite trying not to stand on the scales, I did this morning and have lost 0.6kg in two days so really pleased.
    Keep going everyone – I’d love to hearhow everyone else is doing!

• posted by FreshStart
    on

Im loving the stories in this thread. End of day 3 and I weighed myself this morning and lost 1kg so Im happy. Keep it up you good folk!

on

Awesome FreshStart, great progress!! Keep going – it clearly works!

• posted by Stevepoker28
    on

Well done to everyone who has lost weight so far, if you add it all up for everyone on this thread, its in double figures after only a few days. I had a lovely meal this evening from Tom Kerridge’s book – ‘Lose weight for good’. Its got loads of yummy recipes in it between 100 and 400 calories a meal, all beautifully presented and full of flavour. I don’t know about anyone else but one side effect I have noticed is how good food tastes! Everything Zings and even dull vegetables taste sweet and delicious. My taste buds are definitely changing after only a few days and I appreciate everything I put in my mouth – its not just fuel.

Have a good first week everyone. Steve.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Steve,
    I work from home so know what you mean about the temptations it brings. – I hope it helps to hear from some one who has been through that stage that if you keep low carb I promise you over time you will loose the cravings to eat frequently. How long it takes depends on the person, how long they have been eating a carb high diet, etc etc, but there is a point where the cravings to eat die down and you can just eat when you are hungry saving your cals for one or two meals a day.

• posted by Stevepoker28
    on

Thanks JGwen, I appreciate the advice and support. I look forward to the day when the cravings go and I stop snacking. Good luck with your journey too.

• posted by Mom2Boxers
    on

It is 11:30 am and I am going to be eating my brunch in a sec but wanted to check in with the group. Day three today, but I dropped another pound. (That is 1.08 killograms in two days!!) I am sooo excited to be in ‘One’derland after a decade. Last night I ate coconut oil off a spoon, then drank 8 of water. This really helped me with hunger in the middle of the night. My calories were 850 and my net carbs 17g.

It’s so cool to have you all along this journey with me and thanks for allowing an American in the group. 🙂 I think everyone is doing just great!!!
    (((Group Hug!))))

on

Hi Mom2Boxers – that is so cool – well done!
    That’s an interesting tip to stave off hunger/cravings…. I’m right now getting the shakes and feeling a bit weak for the first time. I’m coming up to the end of day 3. It’s late afternoon here – maybe I should have my dinner (prawn pho) early to stop me eating whatever is in my path!
    How is everyone else doing?

• posted by wendleg
    on

8.45 pm here and just checking in . Week 3 Day 2. Went to aqua gym tonight for the first time after my op. I still can’ t do any jumping or any exercises which put a strain on my ligaments for a couple of months but it was good to be in the water as it was hot today.
    Came back and did a big salad with an omelette to which I added sorrel ( cos I found it on the market) and smoked salmon and goat’s cheese. It was good.
    I agree Steve ..food tastes so much better. Still saving up for my OMAD.
    I only weigh once a Week .

I also thin JGwen is spot on. The cravings do subside .
    Well done everyone on your weight loss . We are in this together . I love that ! xx

• posted by Stevepoker28
    on

I think I’m drinking too much coffee, my head is pounding. Day 5 and so far so good. Out to dinner tonight so that will be interesting, they know I am only on 800 cals and I’ve already had 350 today so it could be very challenging. I know I cannot loose weight every day but felt disappointed on the scales this morning to have gained 0.1kg. Okay its only 100 grams but it felt like a kick in the teeth knowing what we are going through each day. Fingers crossed tomorrow will be fine. Steve

• posted by FreshStart
    on

Hey Steve, please come back and tell us how dinner out went. I’m going to dinner on Friday night and I might have to settle for a side salad and some water!

Also, I think it’s perfectly normal for the weight to fluctuate like that. I weigh myself every day and it fluctuates but I just trust (and hope) that by the end of the week the weight will be lower. Usually it is.

on

don’t worry Stevepoker28 I also think it’s completely normal for weight to fluctuate but I know it has a hugely negative impact on motivation so in an ideal world I’d only stand on the scales once or twice a week but I’m always so curious and I know progress can be such a boost. Stay focussed and strong the evening for dinner out – let us know how it went and I’m sure you’ll see further progress this week. And remember 100g is really not much – you’ve done amazingly so far.
    I’ve halved my coffee intake on this as it screws up my blood sugar levels and makes the cravings/hunger much worse for me.
    I’ve started day 4 and feeling good – I’ve lost 1kg so far and really in the zone largely due to all you guys and the support on here!

• posted by Stevepoker28
    on

Hi all

I am just on my way back home from dinner and feeling proud of myself. My boss chose Chinese so I explained my situation and he was really supportive and agreed to eat what I chose! Green veggies steamed with steamed white fish and a clear veggie broth for starter was the meal for the evening. We had green tea and fizzy water. Admittedly I only had 200 cals all day so I was ravenous but I was pleased with my choices. The food tasted fantastic and I felt full and satisfied. It can be done. Onwards and upwards. Steve.

• posted by wendleg
    on

That’s BRILLIANT Stevepoker28 !! That is a great achievement if you can adapt meals out so they fit the plan. Well done you ! It would have been easy to give in and go for the fried rice and high carb other Chinese delights.
    I have a holiday coming up in October to Malaga, Southern Spain. I am hoping to keep on track by eating lots of fish and ignoring the bread and patatas bravas. The Week away will be my last Week on the BSD program. I have already anticipated that I will do the 800 cals during the Week I get back and I may try a 38hour fast as JGwen discused in another post.
    A few weeks at school before I need to concern myself with that but I will be sure to let everyone know how I get on.
    Keep going Steve.You are doing great !

on

Yes well done Steve – a real achievement when there are so many temptations.
    Good planning for your holiday wendleg – I think it’s key to anticipate so you can avoid falling off the wagon.
    I’ve had an ok day (Day 4) but have felt hungrier than on any of the other days and I have had 2 small apricots and 2 tbsps muesli this afternoon as I had such bad cravings. It could have been worse and instead of thinking bugger it, I can’t do it as I always do, I’m just going to carry on as before…drinking loads of herbal teas just to stave off the desire to eat!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Well done for not caving in seriousmission.
    I find it easy to resist temptation when I am at school all day and no food available 😉
    Experienced BSDers say the cravings will ease…keep going

• posted by FreshStart
    on

Great, Steve. And thanks for the update. That’s quite inspiring. I’ve been looking at the menu at the restaurant I’m going to, lots of meat, spuds, and veg, burgers and pizzas, I’m afraid. Though there is a chicken salad, which looks like the healthiest offering. Might have to go for that. Also plan to go for a walk before dinner that day and today. I weighed myself today and I’m 1.3kgs down. And my blood sugar is 6.5, so both are slowly creeping downwards. Good luck with the rest of the week, you good folk!

• posted by Katiedid
    on

Great stuff Steve. That is so impressive. As we are heading into the weekend things are going to get a bit complicated. FreshStart all the best for your dinner – you sound like you are doing great preparation for it. My parents are coming for dinner tonight and my mum has made a lazagne eeeeeeee. I will have salad a a wee spoonful of the mince (dodge the pasta and sauce). Tomorrow night I am going out for dinner but not sure where yet so can’t plan. The main thing is to dodge all carbs. I hope you all have a good day and let’s keep it up 😀

• posted by Stevepoker28
    on

Well done seriousmission I am sure we have all had moments in the last few days where the cravings have been really strong and we have a choice to make. Each time it’s a real test and so far we have all resisted, usually by providing an alternative. Herbal teas, fizzy water, even finding something to distract the mind all help. I have always reflected back and felt so much better for not caving in. Well done everyone, stay strong! Steve.

• posted by Wolfgirl
    on

Hi everyone,
    So lovely and comforting to come here today on day four and read all these messages of hope and support. Congratulations to everyone on their weight loss – wow Steve! or even not (yet)- You are strong and determined just for being here. Mom2Boxers we are both on day 4- I do hope it’s going well for you. I’m feeling more than a bit tired today, though that may be due to stress. I’m sure at least some of my weight gain has been from the ongoing stress and the resulting sustained rise in cortisol . I am carer for my adult son who has a disability and mental illness and it’s been hard.

I must say I am very pleased with the recipes in the cook book. They are really delicious and easy to follow. I just made a batch of the bolognese to have with spiralised zucchini and had to stop “tasting” it… lol. I’m not feeling hungry all that much, but am struggling in the evenings too. I am also drinking lots of herbal tea. I may have a couple of almonds or hazelnuts if I’m heading for the bad stuff. I weighed myself yesterday and was down a kilo. Was pleased with that. Have been too scared to weigh today as I feel reaaaaally bloated and heavy and more than a bit pessimistic. Blah.. Will see how it goes after a dog walk. He’s sitting here staring at me as I write. If I can walk at all after Michael’s stationary bike routine that is. :0

Love to all
    WG x

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Katesuccess. Why not join in with the lasagne by grilling/roasting some thin long slices of courgette or aubergine to have with the mince? You might feel less deprived that way!

• posted by FreshStart
    on

woop woop! I did one whole freakin hour at the pool today! feel GREAT.

Katesuccess, how was the lasagne? I’m craving vegetarian bolognaise so maybe do that this weekend. I have a spiraliser but don’t know that i can be bothered with it for courgette noodles, they’re tricky little buggers to work … a small serving of noodles is OK, right? what’s the healthiest kind of noodles? I prefer thin strips to bulky little nuggets of noodles

Keep it up, everyone.

Please log in or register to post a reply.