Starting BSD with my husband 29th October

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Supergran
    on

I am staring the BSD tomorrow with my husband we are both just over a stone overweight , I have been type 2 diabetic for 15 years taking 2000mg metformin also long acting insulin + blood pressure meds and high cholesterol. I am 56 and weight 11st atm my husband is 58 and weighs 12st we eat healthy most of the time but lately due to stress we have been not as good as we should be opting to eat out instead of cooking and drinking wine at weekends and takeaway we are both feeling tired and stressed . Going shopping tomorrow to stock up on good clean healthy food , we will be doing mostly vegetarian as our daughter doesn’t eat any meat or fish , any advice on vegetarian recipes would be great we do cook quite a lot of Ella’s meals and have been cooking vegan and veggie for years but never low carb so any tips would be great ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hello Supergran and welcome to the BSD! Sounds like you know what you’re doing ๐Ÿ™‚

A couple of tips I’ve found useful are:

Drink lots and lots of water. Sparkling helps if you feel like you want something fizzy.

Include healthy fats – avocado, olive oil, butter, nuts, Greek yoghurt etc – don’t look for low fat stuff as this is most likely filled with sugar and chemicals.

Plan! Planning and preparation are key to keeping going on this diet. Not only is it sometimes hard to find low carb options when you’re out and about but sometimes temptation is completely overwhelming! If you have your breakfast/lunch/snack etc to hand, you will hopefully be less tempted.

I feel a bit of a fraud writing this right now having just fallen quite spectacularly off the wagon, but I am hoping by listing these tips, I will start to follow them again myself!

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi there supergran

If you look in the top right hand corner of the site you can search for all the vegetarian threads that are currently going – there’s loads – probably full of great ideas – I don’t go there as I’m a carnivore through and through ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope that helps
    TC

Please log in or register to post a reply.