Starting again – accountability post!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by GingerbreadMama
    on

Hi all! I’m starting up again tomorrow after several attempts to follow this since the summer. I’m not type 2, but am overweight, and I’ve found that the diet seems to work well for me. As ever, it’s the motivation or mindset that is causing me to stop, so hoping that declaring myself here (I’ve lurked a lot before) will help. Here goes!

• posted by jmarie41
    on

You can do this GingerbreadMama! All the best to you as you start tomorrow.

on

Thanks jmarie41! So far so good today, but evening snacking to be avoided!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome on board the BSD train GingerbreadMama. We’ll be looking forward to hearing your progress and shout out is you need support or have any queries, there are loads of great people on the forum who will help and if you want to search for threads relating to any particular topic, try using the search box in the top right hand corner of the page.

Good luck!!

on

Thanks, SunnyB! Yesterday went well, and today too so far – despite minimal sleep by my toddler last night. Lost 1kg in water weight in 24 hours!

on

Day 2 completed OK. This morning woke feeling a bit light headed and shaky, and sweating all over after my shower. I had this before after a few days, and I gets me worried/craving carbs, hopefully staved it off today with a teaspoon of peanut butter alongside my usual yoghurt, berries and nuts.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sounds like your body is rebelling a bit, but it should get used to the new regime in a few days. Meanwhile, stick with it and it will come right soon. Good news on the first kilo and I’m sure there will be more to report soon.

on

Day 4, still doing well! Planning lunch at Nando’s tomorrow – butterfly chicken, 331 cals (but shared with my toddler, so guessing eating 75%), and side salad, 14 cals. Both minimal carbs. Feels wrong, but I’ve double checked!

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Nando’s has become my “go-to” fast-ish food, as it is, as you say, quite easy to find BSD compliant food. Their sparkling water is really nice too. For full disclosure, I do not work for Nando’s 😉

And great that you’re encouraging a toddler to eat different flavours.

One obvious tip – avoid the additional peri-peri sauce in the bottles, carb-city.

Enjoy your meal!

on

Thanks JulesMaigret! Great tip re the sauces – I would have indulged without thinking! It was lovely – and my toddler loved the supergrain salad I got as the other side!

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

I have to admit the supergrain salad is a guilty pleasure!

on

Slightly off menu this evening, as we had booked an Indonesian meal a while ago. But skipped the rice and only had a couple of small pieces of fried banana, so not devastating. Hope the 3kg lost so far this week stays off!

on

6 days in and feeling really … strong?! Another 0.5kg off this morning, making it 3.5kg so far, which I know is a first week whoosh but feels great.

on

Posting to remind myself how I’m doing. 2 weeks in, total 5kg lost (only 1 kg this last week). Feeling much slimmer and moving easier already. I’ve ‘only’ got another 11kg to my goal, so hoping that I can keep up a 1kg loss per week average.

Mostly I have been finding it easy with few cravings, apart from yesterday. I’d managed to avoid any Diet Coke for a week but had some yesterday, and I’m sure that’s responsible for making me want to eat carbs! Fortunately only ‘succumbed ‘ to 2 Nairns chocolate oatcakes, which are fairly low in cals and carbs, so no major default, and I did enjoy the crunch!

I bought some sparkling water to help with the Coke urges; I’ve never liked it, but I think I could take to it! My tastes do seem to be changing, or at least heightened: I had a Pret chicken and mozzarella salad for lunch today, and the flavours and texture were amazing!

on

Oh! A bonus 1kg loss this morning!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Must have been a whoosh 😀

Please log in or register to post a reply.