Starting Again!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sheilaslims
    on

I was on the BSD but failed miserably! Felt I had spent money I could ill afford and sulked because I couldn’t stick with the programme.
    How childish was I? Now, things are changing and I feel ready to give it a proper go. I am following the Fast 800 from the book and need to lose 3.5 stone, so a lot of weight to go. I have also joined SW, not to follow their diet but for the discipline of being weighed weekly, hoping it will help me stay on track. I do have a 50th wedding anniversary to go to 31/8/19 so nearly 11 weeks to lose a good amount of weight! My game plan is to incorporate the TRE as well and eat 2 meals a day and I intend to follow the recipes and meal plans slavishly for that time. If I have a free reign, I know I’ll add a little of this and that, it won’t hurt, but not this time!

Any advice and support is greatly welcomed, good luck to all the newbies and well done all the more experienced eaters!

Take care,
    Sheila x

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi Sheila
    Welcome to the forum. My initial reaction is to question why combine SW with BSD ? Weighing can be managed without the weekly meeting surely ? I would be concerned about conflicting nutritional advice you would get there.

What do you mean by spending money on BSD ?? Why do you feel you failed on the programme ? Are the principles of low carb, moderate protein and healthy fats clear to you ? Tell us a bit more ….we are here to help !

We have a weekly thread ( One Week at a time beginning June 18th 2019) which you could join if you want friendly support,encouragement and sound information from lots of very successful and experienced BSDers. I believe the inspiration you will find on the thread will be much more useful than anyhting SW has to offer 😉

All the very best to you ! 3.5 stone is totally doable. Commit to the plan, Sheila.You will not regret it… it’s about your health remember.

• posted by sheilaslims
    on

Thank you for your good wishes. I’ll certainly join the group tomorrow, I am low on will power so any support I can get, I’m grateful for.
    I paid to join the BSD on line but never actually committed to it, my fault I know. I suppose I didn’t really trust it, the way of eating is so different. However, I am determined that I am going to do the Fast 800. I have read so many success stories, many are absolutely inspirational.

3.5 stone seems an awful lot to me but one stone at a time is the way to go.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi Sheila welcome to our forum I would just like to add a couple things to what Wendy has said. First of all sorry you paid out all the money to join the online BSD I know a few people that have and have done exactly what you did and they were also gutted they had spent the money and failed. I would think that after doing that you wouldn’t want to go and spend money on SW on a weekly basis hun😢. Why don’t you give our weekly thread ago first we will be your support and Wendy is very good at nagging 😉😉🤣🤣 No on a more serious note don’t waist your money just yet by going to the carb infested group and give us a go at being you support network🤗. I can honestly tell you that I would never have done this in the beginning without all these lovely people. No question was silly and all the science stuff was given to me in layman’s terms so I could get my head around it. No one is judgemental on here and we are all in the same boat! We are all at different stages and we have some long timers on here too. I can assure you they have come across everything. I started back on the 1st of April wanting to shift 4-5 stone and I really thought it was not possible and I would fail like I have on all the diets I have done(I have tried them all hun). But in my first week I discarded a stone! I know most of this was my excess fluid but it never went back on! I am now just coming into my 12th and I have discarded 3 stone and when I add up all the bits I measure I have got rid of 22 & 1/2 inches. In just 12weeks. I know that we are each different and it is not a competition. Everybody will discard at different rates as no two bodies are the same but it is a positive thing. So please don’t spend anymore money on diet groups and give us a whirl. We are here and there is extensive knowledge within these posts. Welcome and all the best Sheila, we look forward to you posts. Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by sheilaslims
    on

Thank you Birdy. I think I will give SW a miss – the big losers there have from what I gather, eaten some odd food and everything seems full of artificial sweeteners. I can’t for the life of me see how an avocado is a syn on the same lines as a curly whirly! I think both Wendy and you are right and I need to go to one source for support and information. I plan to weigh every other day. For the first couple of weeks I am taking my two meals from the book, so am expecting good results…
    3 stone in 12 weeks is brilliant, you’re over halfway to reaching your goal!
    I have a puppy who needs walking so each morning he gets a 40 minute proper walk and in the evening he runs round the woods like a looney, so I think my exercise is enough for now but as I lose, I’ll try to step it up. I’m a bit concerned about flabby skin with such a quick weight loss, or indeed any weight loss but I’d rather that than this unhealthy fat I’m carrying about!

Take care
    Shiela

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Shiela when you get used to the diet fasting is the way to stop all that loose skin. I have none at all. Time restricted helps at first as that is a form of fasting and that is where I started and I have progressed to longer fasts. My longest is 46hrs but I have built up to that gradually. Hope this helps and great to read your enthusiasm ❤️❤️ Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by sheilaslims
    on

Wow! Thanks for the info on fasting! I’ll give the diet a couple of weeks so I get used to two meals first. It almost brings tears to my eyes at the thought of fasting, lol. I absolutely love food and cooking and eating. Fortunately, I don’t drink so don’t have to give that up. I am eating in a 5 hour window from 1-6, so brunch at 1pm and dinner around 5.30pm. Drinking at least 2 litres of water, but I do drink a lot of water and red bush tea anyway. Having beef rendang tonight, have cut back on the dark soy sauce from 3 tbsp. to 1 as it is so salty and gives me heartburn. It is simmering away in the slow cooker and the sauce smells amazing and tastes so gorgeous – full fat coconut milk, yummy! I can’t wait for 5.30 so I can eat it, lol.

Did you start with 24 hour fast?
    Take care
    Sheila

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi,
    I think you are wise to avoid the commercial diet companies. – One of my contacts is signed up with one of the clubs that has weekly weigh ins, and is encouraged to have a daily curlywurly as its allowed. – I have given up trying to explain to him the science for why their advice that he can eat carbs and still loose weight is completely wrong. – He would rather eat apples and have a daily allowance of carbs than listen. ————- The bottom line is that these companies only make money because you keep on going back and back every week, and when you step away from the program put the weight back on so you end up rejoining.
    What I like about this forum is that we are free to share information on the science behind metabolism and why we get fat, which leaves us free to work out a program that fits in with our lifestyles. – I would suggest having a look through the TAKE a LOOK at THIS thread. – Lots of links through to materials that we have found useful. – The book that many on the forum recommend is why we get fat and what to do about it.
    If a weekly weigh in and report to people is what you want, thats what the weekly thread was set up for, traditionally people weighed and reported progress on a tuesday. – Personally I have moved away from using weight to monitor progress. There are so many other issues such as improvements in bone density and muscle that occur when you start to get your hormone systems working correctly that mean inch loss is a more accurate picture of progress than the reading on the scales.

Please log in or register to post a reply.