Starting 3rd October Fast 800 diary

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Ratio officially 0.488, so happy with that. Just that elusive BMI marker now has me pegged at overweight.

• posted by KatrenaJ
    on

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I made some progress in getting back on track. Unfortunately it wasn’t a plateau that caused me to fall off the plan but rather a compulsive need to feed my face. Have made some better choices so trying hard to get my original momentum back.

Katrena

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Two days to go, official weigh-in will be Monday rather than Sunday as I am in the Lake District again. I was pleased to get through my most recent mini-goal which is also the biggest, I am now 24.95 BMI, which means that, with the exception of my waist measurement which is still just above 80cm, and my body water content which is still below the suggested 45%, I am not in any overweight categories that I can find. Just 3.6 pounds to go now to 8 stone lost and my target of 10 stone 11 which is the weight I was when I married. Then the job becomes still being the same or lighter when I get to my wedding anniversary next April.

• posted by KatrenaJ
    on

First day I’ve actually followed the plan with success. Took a long walk in the woods with friend and it was exhilarating for both of us. Crisp day and not too cold. The dog jumped in the creek and then got us dirty but that was ok

Katrena

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Sounds brilliant, I will hopefully get a walk today before I have to go back to the city.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Didn’t weigh this morning but remembered my trusty tape measure so did my waist measurement, and now down to 81cm so getting more confident it will eventually be under 80cm. Last weigh in, with 8 week totals, due tomorrow morning and I will also put all my mini-goals with the dates they were hit up on the thread at some point tomorrow as a last sign off, before heading over to other general and 5:2 or way of life threads. It really has been a lot easier than I ever thought it could be getting through this 8 weeks, and I know that the option to repeat it is there if I need it, but I think the time has come to slow down and move back towards a maintenance level, after a transition period in which I will still probably lose a little more. Thanks for your support everyone, and good luck with the rest of the journey. Onwards and downwards!

• posted by jmarie41
    on

Congrats Mixnmatch! Thank you for all the times you’ve shared. “See” you in the general and 5:2 or way of life threads in the near future. You rocked it!

• posted by KatrenaJ
    on

Congrats Mixmatch, You have been an inspiration to us.

I’ve had two days of been totally on plan and feeling stronger. Reading Bryan Trady’s book No Excuses and it is helping with motivation. Trying to do the 800 calories thru week with one gallon of water and 1400 calories on weekend.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Today’s final weigh-in for my 8 weeks was 10 stone 13.2 pounds. That’s right, at the last gasp I made it to a place I’ve not been at since my honeymoon. 2.2 pounds more loss and I am back at the weight I had to slim down to, to fit in my wedding dress, and eight stone lighter than I started at less than two years ago. Body fat reading was 33.4% so I just missed my ambition of being less than a third fat, but will post on the mini-goals thread when those remaining goals are met. I am also a double 10 for the first time in my life, both clothes size 10 and my weight starting with a 10. Keep on keeping on everyone, I will post my mini-goals list and dates on the mini-goals thread if anyone is interested in the whole saga.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I forgot, my total weight loss for the 8 weeks was just over 26 pounds. Very pleased with that, just below the two stones that was my ambitious target.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Fantastic news Mixnmatch! You rocked it! Don’t worry about going forward, you’re going to do great on maintenance with all your new strategies in place. It’s so great to hear successful outcomes! Very very pleased for you!! Huge congratulations!!!!

• posted by Pollygarter
    on

This post made me smile.

Well done you. What a massive achievement. It can be done. And you did it. Now I have to get off my butt and go on with the next stage.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Thanks for that 😊 I rebounded a little after the end of the 8 weeks and also put on a few more pounds over Christmas so am currently tackling that. My new target is 10:4 -10:8 giving me a bit of room to top up the glycogen again afterwards but still hopefully be under 11 stone. Still aiming for that April dress trying on session.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

WOOOOOHOOOO. Made the eight stone off, on the two year anniversary of the start of my journey. Still a little way to go to give me the wiggle room I need so I don’t feel I am under threat of losing what I have gained anytime soon, but the end is very definitely in sight now.

• posted by Inka13
    on

Yay Mixnmatch! Fantastic news, well done! X

Please log in or register to post a reply.