Starting 3rd October Fast 800 diary

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Flash21
    on

Onwards and downwards indeed, Mixnmatch! You are doing so well. I really like the sound of your porridge. Do you know roughly what the carb content is of that? I’m usually a porridge fan but have steered clear of it since starting the BSD.

• posted by Fit_My_Jeans_Again
    on

Mixnmatch, six and a half stone is just so, so impressive, congratulations! Your porridge does sound delicious (especially as I had a protein bar).

I’ve a six-themed achievement this morning of a slightly less dramatic nature – down 6.2kg since I started (although not all of that since I restarted last Monday). And 9cm off my waist. Don’t know what’s different this time round but seem to be more motivated to get my step count up and have even been back to a yoga class I used to do. Hope I can stick with it, I’m just so bad at sucking up short-term pain for long term gain…

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

The porridge dry ingredients were 15.5 g carb out of 44 g total. I used 20g buckwheat flakes (I started using them for their Sirtuin activators, but I think they are similar carb to oats) 5g of cocoa nibs, 8g of chia seed (I used white as that was what I had) and 8g of the Linwoods (flaxseed, almonds, walnuts and Q10). It made a huge bowl full that has kept me full all day, when the cream and ‘jam’ were stirred in. Next time I may even cut down on the size, and I would also like to try a savoury version, with butter salt and pepper. If you don’t use the skimmed milk or use less of it that is quite reasonable for such a satisfying meal.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

No change on the scales for me this morning. Exactly the same as yesterday. It is a good job I predicted this or I might be worried 😊 Played badminton last night and have definitely now adapted my routine to playing on 800 calories, as I had plenty of energy right to the end of the hour. Onwards and downwards.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

And the scales finally moved. Less than a pound but I’ll take it. New low weight for me, and probably twenty odd years since I was last this light.

No breakfast today, but a homemade spicy squash soup, and chicken salad for lunch, and I am making a sausage casserole for tea. Will Actifry some penny chips for the OH as this will be a potato free version of my mum’s recipe, and with added butter beans. Last night’s homemade protein shake was delicious, far nicer than the ones I’ve been buying. A little higher in Calories for the same protein, due to not being so low in fat, but the same carbs and protein. I used 50g of the powder, with 10g Green & Black’s cocoa powder, 5g cocoa nibs and 10g chia seeds, with 425ml water, then just Nutri Ninja’d it smooth.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

No move either way this morning, so still on a pound for the week so far. Had an oatcake for brunch this morning and it felt very wicked to spread it with some of my clotted cream and then a spoon of my plum and chia jam. Almost like a cream tea! Chicken salad again for lunch, and then another portion of sausage casserole for tea. Picked at a little piece of smoked ham in Waitrose on one of the tasting tables they had laid out, very nice. Haven’t counted the calories, was probably only a gram or two but I am reasonably close to 800 today, so will just leave it. I had to guess the amount of chicken I had for lunch anyway, so could have just as easily been underweight there.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Another pound (almost) down, and definitely feeling slimmer now. I had my hair cut, it was supposed to be my ‘treat’ for hitting six stone off, but I went to Cornwall that weekend instead, so now it is my six and a half treat. To make it a bit more special, I also went to John Lewis investigating makeup, on the recommendation of my stylist, I don’t usually wear any make up but fancied a tinted moisturiser, and maybe some lip gloss and Liz Earle was suggested. I didn’t buy at the time, but was very happy with the look, so will probably indulge before party season. Maybe my seven stone treat!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Official weigh in day, weight down 4lb from last Sunday, so a total of 9lb so far. Most of the week feels like it has been pretty static as 2lb of the drop was actually Sunday to Monday. Body fat percentage now 38.3, and waist only 0.5cm down so still above the ‘unhealthy weight’ recommendation of 88cm but now by only 0.5cm. I don’t think it will ever be totally flat again, so happy with that. Most of the belly has now definitely gone. I never thought I’d be saying that. Found a designer dress in size 12 in yesterday’s charity shop raid, black with assymmetrical styled sleeves with a cowl neck and very fitted below the cowl, quite short too, and treated myself, and tried it on last night. Just a tad tight, so in a few weeks when party season kicks in I just need to pluck up the courage to wear something so different from my usual tents.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Weight down another pound today, so steady loss at the moment. Only just over a pound to go now to 11 something! This weekends clothes purchases were a mixture of wearable now and into the box of the future for later targets. Bought some smoothing pants to wear under the dress as well, to minimise any remaining lumps and bumps. I think this may become my ‘after’ photo dress.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

My weight has been pretty static at 12 stone exactly for the last couple of days, making me really work for that 11 something target for this week. Only 0.3 lb to go now, so I am hoping for a small whoosh before weekend to hit that one. Body fat percentage now 37.7 so going down pretty steadily now. Going to the Zoo on Friday so planning my portable day’s food/drink already so I am not tempted to stray.

My Seven stone off mini-target may be possible next week if I keep losing weight at this current rate.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Still on the level, but now as close as I can get to the 11 somethings without actually getting there. The scales said 12 stone 0.0 this morning. A measly 0.1 pound away from the 11’s. Will do the full official weigh in tomorrow as usual, but am probably going out for a meal tonight as we have friends staying, I am hoping to go back to Wetherspoon’s as I know their Skinny Steak is 800 friendly, but will use up a lot of my calories for the day, so will be 20:4 fasting today, and having all my rations around that meal.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Okay, some problems arose with that plan. Wetherspoon’s had sold our local pub, so the menu had changed since I was last in, so no more Skinny steak. I ordered an 8 oz sirloin anyway, and gave away the chips and onion rings it came with, but my 8 oz steak was bigger than my OH’s 10 oz! I have guessed at the actual size being 12 oz and added the very small glass of red wine I had and it has come to 1075 calories for the day, 850 of which was the steak. Very low carb day, mind you.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Aand here is the news. I am finally in the 11 somethings, 11 stone 13.4 pounds, with body fat 37.6. So clearly my oversize meal yesterday did no damage πŸ˜€ I am now only 2.4 pounds away from the 7 stone mark as well, so that could be later this week, fingers crossed. Haven’t got a clue where the tape measure is at the moment, so will defer that measurement to next Sunday. Onwards and downwards!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Last Sunday I was 12 stone 2.4 so that is exactly three pounds lost for this week, almost exactly the same as week 2 but it happened quite differently, with the plateau.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Another drop this morning, to 11 stone 12.8 lbs, time of the month started yesterday as well, so that may well have contributed to the mini-plateau last week with water retention etc. Very happy with the progress, just 1.8 pounds to go to 7 stone loss, and about 4-5 pounds to 100 pounds loss.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Back up to 11 stone 13.6 today but not worried, still hopeful that the next milestone will be hit this week. Measured my waist having finally found the tape, and at 86cm (breathing in) am now happy that that measurement is below the 88cm I found as a healthy weight measure, so I can stop worrying about that one. Just BMI and waist height ratio to go now. Unless I suddenly get taller, I think my waist still has another 6-7 cm to go for that one.

• posted by Yorklass59
    on

been a tad busy this past week and found it difficult to stick to the plan. I succumbed to a glass of wine and thoroughly enjoyed it!
    However, I don’t seem to be losing as much weight as you guys and I have stuck religiously to it for the past 3 weeks. Kinda hard to keep going when the weight is just jo-joing up 2lbs and down 2lbs…… and going nowhere fast. I do feel my tummy is less and that I have lost some inches but it is not showing on the scales. Any suggestions?
    I will be back on track tomorrow but I really do need to see a drop in weight to feel the right motivation to keep going. All help gratefully received.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Yorklass, I know it can be difficult when the scales don’t cooperate, but your body is making the changes it must, and tracking non scale victories, such as fitting into formerly tight clothes, getting fitter and more able to exercise, and losing inches from measurements are equally valid. Try using some of these for a week or so, and just weigh yourself weekly, you should see more of a difference then.

Today I am 11 stone 12.4 pounds, which is 1.4 pounds away from 7 stone off overall. I am currently suffering with a relatively minor cold, sore throat and bunged up, but not so bad I couldn’t play badminton last night. More badminton tonight. Had planned to go to work on my bike this week, but don’t think it’s a good idea with the cold weather and my illness.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

And just like that, I am there. SEVEN STONE off since Feb 2015. My weight is now under 75Kg as well. Only 2 pounds to go to 100 lb as well. Weight is 11 stone 11.0, Body fat reading 36.9. Double badminton yesterday, with some good games in both sessions.

I was reading some articles yesterday saying that ‘overweight stable’ may be healthier than below BMI 25 for the over 50s, so although I still intend to drop another stone to get back to the weight I married at before April next year, which is also just under BMI 25, I may well settle for a stable weight somewhere in between this weight and that weight to stay at for the future, and carry on trying to get fitter, rather than worrying about how much I weigh.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

This is my delayed by one day official weigh in, as I was away in the Lakes over the weekend. I managed to avoid temptation to break the diet except for one very small glass of wine on Friday night, and did a lot of walking (and even about 3/4 mile non-stop jogging) so was hopeful of a good reward from the scales when I got on them this morning. Weight is now 11 stone 9.6, body fat 35.4, and waist unchanged at 86cm. I am just 0.6 pounds away now from having lost a nice round 100 pounds. The 45 kg loss is also somewhere close so I will check later on my spreadsheet. Went into Holland and Barrett while I was in Keswick and got some psyllium husk to try, and also some aloe vera juice which I have used before, on their penny sale. Mum got some turmeric to add to her soups and curries.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Congratulations on your weight loss Mixnmatch.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

0.2 pounds up today, so the 100 pounds still awaits. I will see if my usual Tuesday routine including the badminton can shift it. Leftovers for lunch and then my usual protein shake for tea/badminton. This shake works so well that I will probably keep to it when no longer fasting.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Tis stubborn that last 0.6 pounds, it’s back again today, so staying focused and a double session of badminton tonight to try to move it on. My cold finally seems to be getting better, so that’s good.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Aaaaaannnnnddd finally, I am there. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ‘‘ 100 pounds lighter than I was when I started this journey. I am really starting to see the end point coming now, while I am still over BMI 26, I would happily live at this weight long term, I am just stubbornly continuing so I can do the wedding dress trying on again next year. I was 10 stone 11 when I married, so with luck will hit this again, either shortly before Christmas or in January depending on how the holiday goes. Then I have to keep there or lower until April to try on the dress. It does feel like the hard part is done now though.

• posted by tigs
    on

Stunning results Mixnmatch! Congratulations, what a goal to reach and wedding dress focus too. You are well on the home run!

• posted by Natalie
    on

Amazing! Congratulations on all your hard work.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

that is amaaaaazing mixnmatch you must be feeling fantastic xx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Had a day off weighing myself today, and started the day with a very small slice of toast and marmite as a treat. Then didn’t eat anything until we went out for a steak tonight. Quite proud that I ended the day on 40g carb and just under 800 calories, despite the meal out and ‘helping’ my OH out with about a quarter of a pint of beer. Normal service will be resumed tomorrow. Today ended up just a tiny bit short of my minimum fat target, so will be careful tomorrow. Went to TK MAX and found some lovely stuff so treated myself to a few bits and pieces.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Official Sunday weigh-in this morning before a very busy day out in the cold and no food before my evening meal again. Another 0.6 pounds gone, so just above 11 stone 8, now. 4.2 pounds to go for 7 1/2 stone loss, and around 8 pounds before healthy weight BMI, and 40% of my bodyweight gone. Bought a pair of size 10 jeans today in the sale for the box of the future, and a pair of boots with heels yesterday. Size 12 still fit, but need a belt 😊 36.2% body fat according to the scales. Waist measurement tonight (after large meal) 86cm.

I am looking forward to rocking my size 12 little black dress at the end of season dinner and dance in a couple of weeks. It will be just before my 8 weeks is up, but will be a planned weekend off, with an extra two days fasting at the end of November to compensate. Bought a bra to go under it yesterday, it fits closely enough that I can’t get away with one of my old ones any more.

• posted by KatrenaJ
    on

Finally got my act together and am following the plan. Feeling better already despite allergies which are bothering me. Even though I haven’t stuck closely to the 800 calories I haven’t gone much over a 1000 and I am keeping my carbs down and no starches at all. I’ve lost 8 lbs since Monday Have a long way to go, but believe I will make it

My sister is dying and she can’t be helped because her weight is so out of control. I don’t want to get in that situation. She is wheelchair bound due to knee problems that could be corrected except for her weight and diabetes. They can’t do surgery. That in addition to cancer.

There’s more at stake than getting in a small size dress, but I have to admit that does motivate some.

• posted by Snoop
    on

Really sorry to hear about your sister, KatrenaJ.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi KatrenaJ, I am so sorry to hear about your sister. I was never truly incapacitated by my weight, but did get to category 3 obese (BMI 42.3), and my sisters, mother and aunts are all slim, so I was always the one they worried about dying early from something weight related. I am glad to hear you are following the plan and feeling better yourself. I used to suffer from allergies far more than I do now, so hopefully yours will respond to the change in diet as well.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Official weigh in shows me down to 11 stone 5.2 pounds, just 1.2 pounds away from 7 1/2 stone loss. Perhaps more importantly BMI is now solidly in the 25s and heading towards that ever elusive ‘healthy weight’ range. Body fat is now reading as 35.3% and I think I can fairly safely say that that one of my original targets is well and truly met. New body fat target is 33% so I am less than a third fat 😊 Waist size has moved a little, and is 84cm and I am hopeful if I can tone some of the loose skin over the next few months, that that could eventually drop to a healthy ratio. Not much of it feels like fat anymore. Had a glass of wine last night to celebrate fitting into a pair of size 10 jeans. I don’t think I’ve ever done that before, I went straight from age 12 to size 12 with no skinny stage, so that felt like a huge milestone.

• posted by Inka13
    on

Mixnmatch, that’s so great, had to drop in and say congratulations! Size 10 jeans is amazing! Well doneπŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Today’s weigh in didn’t quite get me to the 7 1/2 stone marker, but 0.4 pounds isn’t much πŸ˜€ I did manage to hit a body fat milestone, I am now exactly 35% ‘fat’ (I am fairly sure this weight includes my slightly oversize skin hence the quotes) which takes me according to my Health Mate app under 4 stone, at 3 stone 13.4 pounds. It is surprisingly nice to see that 3 stone having seen 4 stone plus for so long. Had another clothes trying on session last night and fitted into a beautiful halterneck ball dress that I bought in a sale a long time ago and have never fitted into. It now fits, so all I need is a ball to wear it to. 😁

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Way to go Mixnmatch!!! What fantastic results!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Thanks SunnyB, I was talking to a colleague today who was shocked that I was still regarded as overweight, and I think that I must be fitter than when I was last at this weight, as I am fitting into some clothes I would have never fitted in before, even when I got married. I could probably fit into my wedding dress now, but at least I have the prospect of trying it on again next April to keep me honest on my maintenance journey after I am happy with whatever weight I stabilise at.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Today’s weigh in hit several mini goals so I will be probably walking around all day with a silly grin on my face. 7 1/2 stone lost since February 2015, and less than 35% body fat on my scales, at 34.7%. One goal I need to check is the 40% of previous body weight lost which I am sure is close. I lost the first 20% in 15 months prior to discovering BSD, the second 20% has taken less than six months provided I hit it in the next seven days. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜€πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜†

• posted by Frog
    on

whew hew mixnmatch, well done
    a silly grin and tons smaller clothes!

you just need to divide the 7.5 by 0.4 – 18.75 stone – so if your start weight was more than that, yes, you’ve achieved a whopping 40%

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Amazing is the word!

It is so inspiring to see people who keep at it make such a difference to their health.

One final word Shopping!!!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Thanks Frog and Angiebabe, I am still trying to feed the shopping monster using Charity shops and supermarket sales, as I want to be at a stable weight and size for at least six months before buying anything more permanent. Having said that, I am finding some real bargains at the moment (and occasionally recognising some of my old work clothes at the other end of the rail). 40.1% weight off as at this morning, from a starting weight of 18 stone 11.

• posted by KatrenaJ
    on

Gained a lb but lost it plus 1/2 lb more. Scheduled my food out today rather than random eating. Need to stop making deviled eggs because they are so good, I just keep eating them like snacks.

Made a pot of lentil veggie soup and it was delicious. We are having wildfires and I can’t walk, there is too much smoke, but I can work out at the gym. The carrot, veggie, ginger soup sounded good. Need to find the recipe.

Pretty much on track today. Eating out tomorrow night

Total of 12.5 lbs lost in 10 days. Two days, I was undisciplined

Katrena

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Today’s weigh in shows a slight drop from yesterday, but basically the same weight so I can take a breath. Looking forward to Cumberland sausage for tea tonight and going to try it with celeriac mash for me, and probably a small amount of potato mash for OH. Onwards and downwards!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Going up! Obviously water weight but a rise today of 1.4 pounds puts me back above my recent mini-goal success level πŸ˜• Hoping it isn’t TOM or at least that it doesn’t hit until late Sunday to give me my much anticipated party in peace. I suppose at least I get to celebrate seven and a half stone off again πŸ˜‰

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Up again another 0.4 back to 11 stone 5.0, still not complaining, big party day has dawned, I am fully packed and ready and determined to have drinks only until this evening so as not to make too much of a calorific dent in my 8 weeks, despite fully intending to enjoy the party (which will involve a fair amount of prosecco and red wine). One herbal tea down so far.

• posted by KatrenaJ
    on

I FELL OFF THE PROGRAM AND REGAINED 4 LBS BUT STILL HAVE LOSS OF 8 LBS FOR WEEK 1 AND STATIC FOR WEEK 2. MUST RE-COMMIT AND STOP MAKING EXCUSES AND MAKE THINGS HAPPEN
    KATRENA

• posted by SunnyB
    on

We all have slips along the way Katrena. Don’t beat yourself up about it, just refocus and get back on track. Was it the plateau in week two that helped to derail you? Plateauing in weeks 2/3 is very common and a lot of people struggle with it, but if you stick with it, you will soon see further positive progress.

Good luck – hope it goes will!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Just get back on the wagon, KatrenaJ, a week 2 plateau is very normal, I had one myself, but it was followed by a loss and then some steadier losses in the rest of the weeks. Just either start the eight weeks anew, or run at 800 from now up to Christmas and see how it goes. There’s plenty of time to re-lose those 4 pounds and some others as well. Good luck with whatever you decide.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Well, the party went well from my perspective, if not from a BSD perspective 😁, I drank an entire bottle of prosecco to myself and a couple of glasses of red wine as well. I was a little surprised I was as composed as I was, I haven’t been drinking much at all lately. The meal was distinctly un-diet friendly, and although I ate nothing during the day before the evening meal to minimise the damage, and made some good choices, like avoiding a bread roll, and swapping a roast potato with my OH for his courgette, I did indulge in a little of the (far too sickly sweet for my current tastes) rhubarb crumble tart and vanilla ice cream. Only a couple of spoons though, and as far as i can estimate, my day off ended at 1700 calories, with 750 of that being alcohol. No weigh in this morning of course as still in the hotel, but I will try to officially start my last of the 8 weeks with a delayed official weigh in tomorrow. Today went to plan at least, at just over 800 calories. For those who may remember my dress deliberations, I went with the little black designer number at my best friends insistence, and with some good opaque black tights, the lumps that I know are still there were definitely not visible. I also braved the swimming pool and gym with quite a different feeling to the last time I went there. Very confident.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Official weigh in, 11 stone 4.6 (two readings, before shower at 4.4, after at 4.8 so averaged them) Body fat 35.2% and a success story, waist now 82 cm so waist/height ratio below 0.5. Another overweight marker dealt with! Just BMI to go now, and that isn’t too far away. I will weigh in again next Sunday, and probably Monday as well to mark the formal end of the 8 weeks before moving on to the next stage of the journey in the run up to Christmas.

Please log in or register to post a reply.