Started 800 but failing of an evening

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Gusnbetsy
    on

I do so well all day but when it comes to after dinner or around dinner..i go unconscious and eat rubbish like ice cream (tonight)…yesterday i ate very little and was starving all day when i got home i lost it and ate two piece of bread.. (they were low carb tho)…i try and keep as much calories from the day for dinner or beyond..but i have really struggling to stay clean..i do need to take control as the scales are not moving…anyone have any tricks??

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

You are posting in the BSD but I don’t know if you are doing the full 800 calorie Fast. Lets assume you are but if not you are still living with the threat of T2 as you have around 30% chance due to your mother having it. Sorry to scare you but…. First I would say clear out your fridge/freezer, cupboards etc of any unhealthy food. Second get out of the idea that you can cheap by having alternatives i.e. low carb bread is not low enough in carbs for this diet, do not look for similar alternatives look for new and healthy choices. Have you read the book, are you clear about the diet or need help with what to and what not to eat. Have healthy food around for snacking and remember on this diet it doesn’t have to be low fat, you could have a piece of cheese or a slice of ham or a full fat yoghurt and some prunes. No need to live on carrot sticks here. Drink lots of water and every time you find yourself heading for the kitchen make sure it is to the sink for water, that can fill you up. Sounds like boredom to me so find something to occupy yourself, read, paint your nails, knit, take up colouring in books, go to bed earlier.

If you want real motivation do some reading about T2 diabetes, think about what it would be like to live with it day in day out. Then you don’t have a choice about healthy eating, your food could be killing you. I am T2 for 11 years and I have been injecting insulin for 10 years because the medication makes me ill. Everyday for those 10 years I have cried in despair over this condition and trying to get it under control. You are so lucky, you have found the answer before you have got the illness, you can do this and it will change your life. Give it just one week, no more, 100% no cheating and I can almost guarantee you will see a difference. Just go for it and keep us informed of your progress. If you feel yourself weakening, come on here and there will always be someone to talk to. I have tagged you so will be keeping an eye on you. Keep on keeping on…

P.S. Some people will come on and be more gentle with you but, sorry, I am a tough cookie…..

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Gusnbetsy

I would suggest eating more regularly, rather than starving yourself all day and then ‘binging’ in the evening, as going without all day doesn’t seem to be working for you. My personal format is approx. 150cals at breakfast, approx. another 230cals at lunch and then I have 400 or so for the evening. If you are really struggling on 800 cals, perhaps try a week or so at 1000 and then start to push it lower, as your body adjusts, but try to keep the carbs at around 50g a day. Lots of people find limiting the carbs is enough to get them losing.

Try planning definite meals, even if its just something simple like full fat natural yogurt and a few berries, scrambled egg with a rasher of bacon or some smoked salmon (no toast!). Think if you try to eat something when you feel hungry, you might be able to avoid getting to the end of the day in a state of desperation.

You didn’t mention what you are drinking, but staying hydrated will help and a little trick I’ve learnt recently, is having half a tablespoon (7.5ml = 35cals/0.12g carbs) of double cream in a cup of coffee or tea helps to tide me through dodgy periods. It’s important to have enough fat in you meals, as this helps you feel full and to stay feeling that way longer.

Hope some of this is helpful in someway. Let us know how you get on – hopefully you will be posting some positive results soon.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Yes, SunnyB, I failed to take that part in, going really hungry is only going to lead to face stuffing.

• posted by Chubbs1975
    on

Whilst I’m a newbie here I’m not a newbie to diet and nutrition or T2 diabetes.
    Are you T2? Doing the full diet?
    If so as Sunshine says, get rid of the crap, if it’s not there you can’t eat it.

I plan my meals meticulously, so much so I’m currently unsure of what day it is as I plan ahead
    Check out the forums for snacks, (I did today)
    And remember to hydrate

Stay strong

• posted by Keencook
    on

maybe try something that always works for me – imagine the wrong food entering your body, rubbing its hands together and with an evil look on its face asking “now where can I create most damange in here, big toe, eyes, heart goodness the world is my oyster this one just loves to live dangerously” I weaned myself off crisps by telling myself it was just a bag of fat with salt (which it is). Be good 80% of the time after you manage to bring your eating habits into line. Take a positive stance in your head and write it down if you need to reinforce it. Boredome is a killer quite literally knitting would be good or painting something that keeps your hands and attention. Hope this helps.

Please log in or register to post a reply.