Sprouting legumes.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tripplebellybuster
    on

Knowing that legumes are not that friendly for the blood sugar diet ( and other diets that I have read) and are used sparingly, in my experience research, I have learnt that legumes when sprouted are considered a good healthy alkaline food, the composition of the legume changes when sprouted, becoming a vegetable easily digestible, what are the BSD teams opinions on this?

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

Hi
    Legumes ARE friendly on a blood sugar diet – they just don’t fit in too easily within a 800 calorie diet. If you are sticking to the 800 calories for 8 weeks as per MMs book then will be hard to have legumes too often. Once you pass the 8 weeks and have increased your calories then legumes are a good source of fibre and proteins. I am a vegan – I went from diabetic to ‘normal’ in eight weeks on a diet at 800 calories which included legumes (very small tho’) and they are now a staple of my diet and still no issues and tremendous weight loss.

• posted by Tripplebellybuster
    on

Thanks for that Luckylinda 🙂 Wow!! how did you replace dairy on the BSD? I presume you replaced protein with legumes and tofu?

I would like to become vegan in the future.

• posted by wendyq
    on

I would also like to replace dairy with legumes etc.I’ve pretty much stopped eating meat but feel I’m eating too much cheese now but feel I have to in order to keep the carbs down.

Please log in or register to post a reply.