Sorry for having to type this – but Bowel Movement Changes

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ziggy
    on

Anyone see a difference in their bowel movements? I wouldn’t go as far to say I am constipated but whilst still visiting the loo, am got going s easily or as much as usual. Drink water – oh I am drinking like a waterholic and exercise – yip, doing plenty of that.
    Should I try a laxative?
    Any advice would be helpful

Thanks in advance

• posted by Middleage1
    on

Hi
    Only consider doing anything if next time you go it feels tough going (if you know what I mean!). It is natural not to go as often as perhaps you did initially. I have been going perhaps every 2-3 days. Everything has been fine when I have so I am not disturbed by the change in frequency.

• posted by Ziggy
    on

Thanks Middleage1, I’m still going every day, but the volume and consistency is less (Sorry folks – too much information for some – hence the big headline style heading for the topic to put squeamish people away!!). No real toughness involved, maybe a tad more difficult than usual.

Thanks for the advice. Keeps losing.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Hi, my daily habits have changed for the better after 20 weeks BSD. Due to my previously crap diet and Metformin, visiting the loo up to 6 times a day with diarrhoea was the norm for me. Now I go once daily or sometimes once every 2 days. Occasionally I get constipation but nothing too bad. Honestly for me this diet has bought so many benefits!!

• posted by lab
    on

My friend and i are doing the diet together, and yes her bowel movements have changed to some days of feeling constipated, but our bodies are readjusting to an alternative way of eating, however, if you are failing to pass stools for a few days and are straining badly, have a chat with your doctors practice nurse about it, she may suggest ex lax or senna,something along those lines. I personally have always found a very strong blak coffee can act as a laxative!

Please log in or register to post a reply.