So… I only lose weight when I'm not on this diet??

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lauryloo
    on

Had a cheat over the weekend. Christmas party etc… lost a further half inch off my waist and another 2 lbs after 3 weeks of absolutely nothing even though sticking religiously to the diet. Went back to be good yeaterday, suitably boosted and feeling that the reason I lost weight was because my whoosh was a long time coming.
    Get on the scales this morning after being completely dedicated to being back on the diet… 2 lbs on, half an inch gained, willpower irreversibly damaged for forever. Any explanations for this at all?? I honestly feel like I’m going round in circles. Might do the pork roll diet instead, that seemed to work a lot better! 😉

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I think the way it works is you lose the fat on the diet, but it is replaced by water in the cells, eventually, and yes, a bigger more indulgent meal does often seem to be a trigger, this comes out leaving you lighter, that is the whoosh we experience. If it bothers you, try 2:5 instead of the full 800, I did this for a month and still lost weight regularly. (2 days at TDEE and 5 at 800 calories.)

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi Lauryloo,
    Just remember that our bodies don’t always respond at the time we expect them too, sometimes they just hold on to the blubber for as long as possible, then the “whoosh” comes and we see a difference. What Mixnmatch says makes sense. My weight loss has been up & down but I realise that that is just how it is for me, but the overall trend has been downwards. So don’t panic.

Please log in or register to post a reply.