So far so good – but…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sols63
    on

Hi All, just wanted to ask advice / opinion …
    I started the BSD two weeks ago – I have lost 4kg and feeling real good – surprised I’m enjoying the food and finding it easy to stay motivated… probably being put on Crestor for highish cholesterol is the reason! 🙂 5.9 was my cholesterol reading…
    What I wanted to ask is that in just two weeks, my readings have been very constant – from being 6.0 to 7.7 in the morning to 8.3 after a meal… I now am always between 4.8 & 5.3 in morning and around 5.5 & 6.0 two hours after meals (only once peaking at 6.8)
    However – I am still on my meds (metformtin) as my doc wasn’t convinced and wants to see weight loss and stable readings before even thinking about changing things…. and for months not weeks!
    I will be seeing him again at the 4 week mark – if I have lost a good amount of weight and can show a stable reading log (which I am keeping of each reading and meal) – should I be firm and demand I go off meds or at least get the mg lowered?
    Thanks – hoping to keep it going – I hate losing!!!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

If you have steady readings for 4 weeks and a decent weight loss then tell the doc that you want the meds at least reduced.
    Personally I had my HbA1c test after 4 weeks and my GP told me I could reduce the meds and then come off them if my readings stayed in the normal range after another couple of weeks.

Please log in or register to post a reply.