So confused

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LindseyP
    on

Very new to this can you tell me what milk I should be using ?

• posted by alliecat
    on

Whole milk, Lindsay, not skim! Skim = more carbs. If you can tolerate unsweetened almond milk, the carbs are <1g per cup,
    and there are only 30 cal. in it. I’ve gotten my O/H to switch over from cow’s milk in his cereal and coffee. Now, if I could
    talk him out of the cereal, I would be ecstatic!

• posted by LindseyP
    on

Thank you alliecat I’m just getting ready to start the BSD but I’ve been doing a low fat diet for so long I’m lost

• posted by LindseyP
    on

Hi Allie
    Ive read other posts and see that you have been doing this for some time any advise you can give me on starting is much appreciated
    Thanks
    LindseyP

• posted by alliecat
    on

It is really a “mind shift” from the old concept of low fat that did so much damage to us all since the 80’s, when it
    became the mantra that we all lived by. There are many of us experienced BSDers on this site, so you need never feel
    lost. We are always here to help, so just shout out if you have questions or concerns, and one of us will be along shortly
    to offer tips, tricks or whatever you might need in the way of support. Welcome to the neighborhood! I look forward
    to getting to know you, and reading of your progress. Very best to you 🙂 🙂 🙂

Allie

• posted by Birdy76
    on

A massive warm welcome to you Lyndsey, I am Birdy and I have been on this WOE for nearly two weeks and it is THE best thing I have ever done for myself and my organs! Welcome to the world of eating real food! Carbs are low, protein is moderate and fat is high, the good fats. Low fat foods and diets are rubbish. I have lost over a stone since the 1st of April and loving it. I have been very lucky as I have had no side affects from getting rid of my carbs, some people do but they are fleeting and easily remedied. Like Allie said there is an amazing knowledgeable community here at your disposal, no question is a stupid one and if one of us doesn’t have an answer you can sure someone else will come along and have it. We are non judgemental and we are here to support one another in any way, shape or form we can. You have made the right choice. So happy discarding hun. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by JGwen
    on

If you are talking about milk for tea and coffee, if you can’t take it black then double cream is the very best option.
    The reason is we are focused on keeping carbs low so that our insulin levels are low which enables our bodies to access our fat stores as well as counting calories only from the point of ensuring that the number of calories eaten is less than those burnt.
    The best piece of advice I can give someone starting out is to use one of the free apps on your phone that shows the breakdown of carbs, protein and fat in all food. I use fatsecret. Enter everything you are thinking about eating. The recommended ranges are low carb, between 0.6 and 0.8g of protein per kilo of TARGET weight, and the rest of your calories come from fat.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi JGwen thank you for that, I bought single cream! Doh! Going shopping in a bit and will buy the double this time🤣. My macros are going well and with my fast I am feeling in control and hoping this will reflect if jump on the scales Monday. 💞🦜

Please log in or register to post a reply.