Skin breakouts?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by AdeleH
    on

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere on the forum, I did try searching for it!

I’ve been on BSD for two weeks now with promising early results from weight loss to increased energy. However, I am concerned that since starting the diet, my skin has broken out with tiny pimples on my face and torso. Pimples are rare for me, even when I was eating a lot of junk so I’m curious as to why this is happening.

Has this happened to anyone else? Did it pass?

Cheers, AH.

• posted by mumofStig
    on

Morning, It’s a few years since this was asked but the same thing is happening to me this week after 7 weeks on the diet.
    Anybody have any ideas about this?

• posted by wendleg
    on

Sorry I can’t help mumofStig. Most people mention improved skin on BSD/keto and certainly after 8 weeks.
    Have you started eating a particular food which wasn’ t part of your routine before ?

• posted by wendleg
    on

I did find this on the net

Will the Keto Diet Cause Your Skin to Break Out?
    The keto diet causes the secretion of sebum in excess, which is the food for the bacteria type P. Acnes that live deep within the hair follicles and outer skin layer. As these bacteria feed on sebum, their concentration dramatically increases that causes skin breakouts or acne.

Can the Keto Diet Cause Rashes and Acne?
    The keto (or ketogenic) diet promotes the production of ketone in the body, which is loosely related with causing skin conditions like acne, rosacea (facial redness), and even skin rashes.

• posted by mumofStig
    on

No, nothing different – just a lot less of it lol…
    My skin has got very dry (the diet or the windy weather?) and as the surface layer rubs away there seem to be little pin-head bumps that come to the surface. Weird, but nothing really like acne, or big pimples IYKWIM.

I’ll just carry on and hope they clear up soon. Thnx for replying 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.