SIMPLE Menu?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kenna
    on

Anyone want to share a SIMPLE menu they use daily? All the recipes in the book take more time than I have. Is there anyone just doing this very plainly? If so can you share? I’m not sure where to start..but the menus in the book are overwhelming to me. I don’t cook and I don’t have a lot of time….so I just want things I can throw together….for instance, beans, tuna, Fage…stuff like that….

• posted by DebC1
    on

Just had the super quick fish curry from bbc. Takes 5-10 mins. (Onion, garlic, tin of toms, stock, curry powder, pack of fish pie mix over cauliflower for me/ rice for OH).
    The other failsafe is an omelette.
    A tin of BigSoup with a cooked chicken portion gets some salt in.
    Sugar free beans on LivLife (low carb) toast.
    Prawns stir fried with a bag of stir fry veg.
    Minute steaks….

• posted by Flash21
    on

Breakfasts:
    Fage with blueberries (sometimes with a sprinkle of cinnamon too)
    Boiled eggs
    Bacon and eggs
    Omelette

Lunches/dinners:
    Cauli rice with bacon, any combination of green veg and a splash of cream and fresh parmesan stirred through
    Cauliflower cheese
    Rotisserie chicken with salad
    Green veg medley with bolognaise sauce (meat version or veggie)
    Scrambled egg with bacon, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms (I sometimes like breakfast for dinner!)
    Crustless quiche (Asda and other supermarkets do them in their chilled aisle) with salad or veg
    Prawns with coconut cream, ginger, garlic and chilli
    Courgetti (courgette noodles – make your own with a spiraliser or get them ready made from Asda or Sainsbury’s) with garlic and herb Philadelphia (full fat!) stirred through – can also add chicken or prawns
    Deli meats with salad

Have a look at the recipe section on here too as there are some quick and simple meals which you might like.

• posted by shalimar
    on

eggs … any way … i usually throw some chopped onions and chopped ham in a pan … add the eggs on top in any way … and fry

can of solid white tuna or salmon … and Miracle Whip … chop celery if have some
    cottage cheese with a ton of chives
    sardines in oil from the can
    pickled herring tidbits

Big pot of soup …. Add chicken (just added legs with skin on to the pot just now), or other meat, dry lentils and/or can of beans of any type, any vegetables (green beans, celery and cauliflower this morning) … use water and some whole allspice, bay leaf, i added poultry spice and turmeric this morning …. OR just use bought stock/broth. Can add cabbage etc. too.

Chilli : fry up some hamburger meat and onion, add can of whole tomatoes, add any vegetables and/or any kind of beans, peppers if you have it …. cumin, chilli spice, salt and pepper. It’s my cleanthefridge chilli.

I love sugar snap peas, sliced cucumber, tiny tomatoes, fresh sliced peppers, avocado, chopped vegetables …. in any combination … raw and naked … or with dip

I don’t cook …. i love to eat out … like ribs, cornfried catfish …. i just have them with vegetables instead of potatoes

If you have an oven … i hear that chopping up vegetables and put them on a baking dish with salt and pepper and any herbs you like … just roast them in the oven

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi Kenna, Do you mean the Diet Menu’s or Dr Clare Bailey’s Recipe Book?
    I’ve been entering all the recipies into Excel as I’ve been finding the ‘trick’ is to have the cupboards full of the right ingredients.
    The ‘recipe book’ has lists of food products that will make all the recipies.
    I think many are too hot with chillies and far far too much use of garlic which I’m no fan of at all. However I’m using other herbs.
    I’m not long started and still trying to stock the right / better products.
    I do think though that ‘not trying’ some of the recipies may have a chance of leading to back to your ‘normal foods’ and perhaps then not obtain the right nuitrients. I’m looking to try some of the ‘4serving’ menus and then freeze 3 separate portions.
    I’ve started to freeze some ‘made up meals’ in portions … inc salmon so I can just remove and defrost then cook or eat! 😀
    I’ve been trying some of the simpler recipies like Portebello mushrooms (the really big one’s) and baked beans.
    The sardine salad, or avocado and ham, apple, walnuts or egg! 🙂
    Those ‘simple food’s’ I’m finding don’t take long.
    If I’m in a real rush I get a microwave meal and leave the rice or potatoes and just add veggies. (Cauli/Broccolli). Note I’ve already stocked in a few ’emergency meals’ that are suitable to do this with! I even found a baked bean and egg m/wave pot!
    Also got soup pots in the freezer too! 😀
    I do see it that this diet needs a preparation plan to help us form better ‘habits’ in order to stick to it. 😀

• posted by Squidge
    on

Yoghurt with berries and/or nuts is a good, and quick, breakfast.

You can buy bags of mixed salad leaves and have a handful with ready cooked sliced meat, hardboiled eggs or cheese. (To hardball eggs, put in pan, cover with water, heat until bubbling, time for five minutes, tip away hot water, replace with cold, let them cool and then peel) Sorry if that sounds patronising – It isn’t meant to be, but I don’t know what ‘I don’t cook’ means precisely and don’t want to asume you know more than you do.

Scrambled eggs – crack into jug, add a splash of milk and seasoning, heat either in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until done to your liking, or on a hob, stirring the whole time.

Mix tinned tuna with mayo, chopped cucumber and red peppers. Pile onto lettuce leaves to serve.

Ploughmans – piece of cheese, celery, salad, pickled onion and an apple – just cut up and arrange neatly.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Oh, I’ve just realised the question was asked nearly two years ago!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Hey Squidge, I love this post and thank you for answering the 2 year old question. I need all the help I can get.

Please log in or register to post a reply.