Shamanic's Food diet.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Shamanic
    on

Right…I found out today that I am apparently pre-diabetic so I need to sort this out…
    Not starting tonight will probably be planning over the next couple of days and getting fully into the swing of things on Monday.

I know from experience that I struggle with sorting out breakfast, I don’t have the energy to cook anything for breakfast in the morning. I previously have done slimming World and one of the breakfast ideas I did all the time was overnight oats…yoghurt, oats, fruit, leave in fridge overnight, eat in the morning. I was thinking that I should go back to this option again…is that OK?

Any other hints and tips for easy breakfast ideas are welcome.

Oh and another thing I wanted to know is can we post pics onto the forum as another diet tip I heard was taking photos of your food for a diary as well and being accountable that way…

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi
    there’s another current post that you may want to look at – titled Jumbo Oats. there is a search box in the top right hand corner, or look at the recent topics in forums.

they’re OK in moderation – but 30g of Jumbo Oats contains 17g of carbs, so over 50% carb. I have them occasionally, but not every day.

Good luck with it

• posted by Shamanic
    on

Thanks for the information. Have read around all the posts etc. I think I might have it for days I am going to the gym in the morning and then on the other days have yoghurt with seeds and berries.

• posted by Izzy
    on

fage total yogurt is lovely and appears to be the yoghurt of choice for most of us. It’s an interesting discovery (well I thought so) to realise that 95% or more of the yoghurt on the shelves at the shop are all low/zero fat, so make sure you get full fat.

How about boiled eggs? they only take a short while to boil and if you like them cold you can do them the night before too.

I also sometimes make a batch of these… and have them with a few mashed berries

https://elanaspantry.com/silver-dollar-pancakes/

I make a batch in advance and then divide them into portions and freeze. They freeze well and if you like them warm just 30 seconds in the micro should do it, then spreading the mashed berries on like a sloppy jam.

Also do you need breakfast? I prefer to eat breakfast but many on here prefer to just eat twice per day later in the day, prolonging the overnight fast. I prefer to eat twice a day with smaller meals. You could try different ways to see what suits you better.

Lastly think outside the box, breakfast doesn’t have to be traditional. You could have a portion of chicken salad if you wanted, last nights left overs etc. So long as you are sticking with the basics of the plan and ensuring you have good nutrients.

• posted by Izzy
    on

I forgot to say… Good luck when you start! Personally I’d recommend getting organised and starting asap, get those first days over with and get yourself established. I started on a Tuesday, I knew if I left it until the following Monday I’d have eaten lots of crap knowing it was coming …

• posted by Collie
    on

Hi
    Shamanic
    I always thought we had to have breakfast but after reading the book have experimented with waiting until truly hungry. I am time poor on work days so the night before I have started to cook an omelette store in fridge and eat with a few cherry tomatoes , yes cold na did tastes good. I was surprised a do add a very few chilli flakes peps it up.Also the face yoghurt and berries si good. The key is to eat when hungry. Good wishes if you come up with any other ideas let us know . Everyone on here seems to be inventive Im going to make the crackers this weekend .

• posted by Stacey
    on

I’m the same so I have a low carb low cal shake and that see’s me through till lunch.

• posted by Shamanic
    on

Thanks everyone for your advice…I have looked at other ideas and things as well. I work in a school and have a long stretch from waking up…working out…then work…then lunch…I do sometimes just have the two meals a day with a snack mid morning…but this will vary from day to day.
    I like the cold ‘quiche’ ideas a well so might do something like that in my muffin tins etc.

• posted by Shamanic
    on

Day 2…
    Well I got down to 1100 calories today…need to get it lower.
    Lower than last week though.

• posted by JK88
    on

Hey,

I started on Monday as well, like you, I have a long gap between getting to work and lunch time, so i have had to force myself out of bed 15 mins earlier to sort breakfast.
    If you follow the recipes form the book, you will find that a lot of it can be done the night before, so i just finish it off, eat it and im ready to go.

I have also dived in head first as i think thats the only way i am going to do it.

good luck

Please log in or register to post a reply.