Set my mind at ease!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by domo
    on

I’m about to start week 8. I’ve lost over 20Kgs since the start through religiously sticking to the BSD requirements but today I had a Pho soup. Just checked the nutrition and it’s 12.6g of carbs per 100g. And 11.8g of that is sugar. It was likely 80g which went into the broth.

Gutted! I’m going for bloods on Tuesday in prep for a doctor’s appointment a week later to discuss the effects of the diet. Will this slip up cost me? Or am I overeating? Also worried my body will think ah sugar! and all the work switching metabolism undone. Took me ages to switch to fat burning mode at the start!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi domo, I dont know what pho soup you have but mine is usually quite low in both carbs and sugars but I make my own using miso paste, chopped chicken and some spinach. If you are using a ready made one it might be higher in carbs and sugars but you need to check the label. If it is high then avoid it. One meal will not make any difference to your blood results as long as you have been ‘good’ for most of the time. Remember your HbA1c is a calculation of your blood works over a 12 week period. so one little slip up should be okay. Good luck with the test. let us know how you get on.
    Edit, I have just check on my miso paste and it is 13.5g of carbs of which 5.6g is sugar per 100g. But then looking at the jar, I get 4 soup meals from a 100g jar so that is around 4.5g carbs and 1.5g sugar, so not so bad.

Please log in or register to post a reply.