Scared but determined!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Miracleworker
    on

Well I’ve watched the programme, bought the book, read online forums and thought about it endlessly and I now think I’m ready to start! Have been in the kitchen preparing for this week. Have made the chorizo and chickpea soup, smoked salmon egg quiches and easy bolognaise from the book. Really scared about being able to stick to it! I tend to have a cup of tea with a sweetener in if I get hungry so am wondering what I can have instead?? Does anyone still have milk in their drinks or sweeteners? Don’t think I can face unsweetened herbal teas!! Tomorrow is d-day! Wish me luck!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Miracleworker, I personally don’t think there is anything wrong with a sweetener, the only thing is you will still have that sweet craving butI do in coffee and I have milk but I only drink one per day. If you are having milk think about how many you have and how many calories that can add up to, around 20 cal per cup, 5 cups and you have already lost 100 cals from your 800 allowance. I drink green tea (it must be real tea not a fruit infusion) and don’t much like the taste so add a little lemon or I buy some with mandarin orange in with it. No sweetener, no milk.

The chorizo and chickpea soup is my fave and I have just put chorizo on my shopping list for tomorrow so I can make a batch, it freezes well.

Good luck, you won’t regret it.

• posted by Miracleworker
    on

Thank you sunshine-girl! Quite excited about starting it now. Will maybe have one cuppa in the morning then to get me going! Have bought sparkling water as well to fill me up if I need it. 😀

• posted by josie53
    on

Miracle worker try eating a teaspoon of peanut butter, great for stopping hunger pangs

Please log in or register to post a reply.