Salad and Veg

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JennyPM
    on

Hi, Im just starting out, and Ive alwasy eaten lots of salad and veg with my meals, can I still do this with the recipes in the books? So my first lunch I had the fish pate, with plate of salad and olive oil, so is that going to add up my calorie count?
    And do you have a list of calories for all green veg and salad?
    thank you

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi JennyPM, welcome to the site and the diet. I assume you are using the BSD recipe book or one of MMs others. The olive oil will increase your calorie count but it is a good fat so unless you had loads it shouldn’t do any harm.

Im afraid there is no one running this site except us here who are also doing the plan. I would suggest you use a food app like Myfitnesspal and log in what you want to eat or know the calories in the daily food section. I cant see green veg adding many calories and salad greens next to nothing. As type 2 you are better at watching the carbs and these can be a bit tricky with things being quite surprising – like apples and tomatoes being quite high. But don’t obsess if you are keeping to the lower carb stuff.

A good site for carb counting is thedietdoctor and also good for recipes.

Hope that helps.

• posted by JennyPM
    on

thank you for your reply, I appreciate it, I will try the sites you suggested for calorie count.
    Yes I have the blood sugar recipe book and the 800 keto recipe book.

Please log in or register to post a reply.