Rising blood sugars

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sue Jones
    on

I am now at the end of week 5 of the BSD on 800 cals a day. I have lost 14lbs and I do feel better. I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing rising fast Blood sugars. My regular morning BS tests were going well and gradually reducing going as low as 5.9 by the end of week 3. Since then they have gradually risen and are running at around 6.4 to 6.8. I have not strayed from the content of the med style diet and I eat very well. I do go over my 800 calories fairly regularly but only by about 100 cals or so. I can’t understand the rise in BG levels. I have heard that diet coke and caffeine can have an adverse affect. Does anyone else have this problem and has anyone any comments or advice.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

HI there! Dont know what your levels were before starting but mine are now hovering at 6-7 even though weeks ago I had 4+’s and some 5’s. I seem to remember reading here . . . and in the book as well . . .? Diet drinks with “sweetness” decoys send mixed messages to the body . . . the “sweetness” is received interpreted the same . . . so while I didnt have any fizzy drinks to “ditch” , realise they can be addictive . . . and therefore difficult to cut out of the menu . . . Id cut them out . . . and see what happens 🙂 I dont believe – (and would sincerely hope!!!) – caffeine wouldnt have an elevating effect 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.