Result!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by bob fox
    on

Maybe my story may inspire some of you who might be struggling. I was diagnosed T2 on 5th Jan this year with an HBa1C reading of 50. I was given a prescription for Metformin and Statins and told to go on a low fat diet and try to lose some weight with a review in March. I was 130kg (20st 6lbs) and 62 yrs old. To say I was despondent and confused was an under statement. I took the Doc at her word, and went on a “diet”, baked potato not chips. Brown rice not white. Wholemeal pasta not white. Yes I lost a few pounds but the diet was bland.Then Dr Moseley went on about the 800cal diet in the Mail. I was hooked and realized what a fool I’d been. I started the diet on 25th Jan and lost 7lbs in the first week. I have got 3 days to go until end of week 7 and have so far on this diet have lost 33lbs (15kg). I have eaten some of the best food ever using the recipes from the book and adapting some of them. (I don’t like Quinoa any more) I was sceptical about yoghurt and berries for breakfast but it is one of my favourites now. Anyway I went for my review to the Docs after a blood test last week and my HBa1c is now 40. Cholesterol is normal. BP is 122/75. I mentioned a blood test monitor and the nurse gave me a brand new Nexus saying that they don’t normally give them to T2’s but I have shown that it would be useful for me. If your struggling, keep at it because this diet does reverse diabetes. I have another 5 stone to lose yet, so I will be hanging around for a while.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

How absolutely amazing for you Bob! The sad thing is, you weren’t being a fool; you listened to your doctor and humbly accepted that you needed to change. You even committed to that change and did everything they told you to do. You deserved to get good results from that effort. But it is the medics who have let us down by sending us off in completely the wrong direction. Thank goodness you found Saint Dr Mosley before you lost all faith and motivation to lose weight. Now you can look forward to a much more fulfilled lifestyle, well done!

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Yes I agree about being let down! I mentioned the study done at Newcastle Uni to my GP about 2 years ago. He basically poo-pooed it and told me I would always have diabetes and that it wouldn’t work. I’m due for an annual review in June so am hoping that I’ll have some good results to support my case!!

• posted by Shadow2
    on

Well done Bob fox, you have done fantastic. You are among hundreds of people who have done what your doctor ordered, we all do.! Although I just had pre diabetes I was lucky enough to hear about Roy Taylor research from a friend who used to practice as a nurse and it was this diet was the best thing I have ever done. My blood sugar levels are nearly always into the normal range and I will never go back my bad way of eating.again. Keep up the good work.

• posted by ON PHONE
    on

How fantastic Bob. Thanks for sharing your story. So inspiring to read of the great changes you have made.

OP

• posted by TimeForChange
    on

Well done Bob. Hopefully the positive examples on this site will help to change opinions.

• posted by Clare (BSD Admin)
    on

Wonderful to hear your impressive transformation Bob. What a huge achievement! I agree it’s sad that so many people are not getting access to the advice and information that allows them to do what you have done. Thanks to lots of people like you on the forum, we hope the messages people get from their professionals will change…all the best

• posted by Mosleyfan
    on

Good for you Bob fox…well done…its hard to go against ‘ medical advice’ but this works.

Please log in or register to post a reply.