Reflections on my first 5 days

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Happyhel35
    on

So observations on my first 4 days really as i started Monday

I have totally given up cordial. I did not realise how much i drank. Gallons of sugar free juice. I feel less thirsty since giving up

I love drinking tea. I allow for the milk and love it. I’m trying to maximise on 3 cups a day.

I love meat. And are too much protein

I need a warm meal at night until the weather heats up.

I need sugar free gum as so far i have an awful taste in my mouth.

I had been so indoctrinated into weight watchers low fat philosophy i forgot how much i love CHEESSSE

Thanks for reading.

I’m attempting a TRE tomorrow to ‘save’ my carbs up as i want my hubby to see me eating Dark chocolate at night. We have a Friday night treat night and he’s convinced this diet cannot work as im not allowed my chocolate!

• posted by Cheeselover
    on

Good for you on quitting the cordial HappyHel and isn’t it weird how powerful that low-fat story still is. Hope the TRE goes well, I have adapted to that pretty well, some days 14-10 and some days 16-8, depends on my activity.

My hubby is not sure about my diet and still suggesting wine and cheese and crackers and big breakfasts, but I’ve been firm so far. Ironically it helps that he works away most of the time so the temptation is only there a couple of days a week.
    Keep on going strong.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi. Cheeselover and happy, you are both doing amazingly well done. I have just done my first real fast which lasted 33hrs, it felt good and I am so glad I managed it. I am with you on the TRE Cheeselover I usually do 16-8 but need to change it up a bit as I have been it keeps your body guessing so it is more effective at burning the fat. Keep going guys and happy discarding 💞🦜

• posted by Happyhel35
    on

Hey cheese lover and birdy

Thanks for the wonderful encouragement. I am struggling with hubby who desperately wants me to go back to enjoying a few glasses of wine each weekend. I have promised him, and myself as i really enjoy it, once i get to my goal destination i will see if wine or gin can be brought back into our wkend. But i need to stay “dry” for now as I’m on my weight loss journey.

Today for lunch i had a gorgeous grilled bacon and cheese salad. Amazing. My head and hubby still say “that a lot of fat!!” Or my favourite one i keep being told ” its a crash diet. You will pile the weight on after, and have loads of baggy skin ”

Tonight we are haviing steak and salad for dinner. I’m going all the wonderful nutrients will prevent my skin bagging but in reality i have had very big babies – over 10lbers. My tummy will bag no matter what

Xx

• posted by Happyhel35
    on

Ps birdy did you just drink water on your fast? X

• posted by Birdy76
    on

I am afraid you will always come across people who are sceptical about this diet, I am sorry it is your O/H. I haven’t told many people I am doing this as I know that some of their reactions will be on the negative side and we don’t need that in our lives. Men also hate change! My O/H has always been into chubby women but he also wants me to be happy. When I started this I asked him if a size 10 would be ok and his answer was please only go to a 12! But I know he will be happy as long as I am happy. You need to ignore what he says as he is not playing fair! I will always have a sag to my belly because I had a c section when I had my son and they stitch you back up so tight that it cause a natural over hang. I actually asked them before they put me out could they fit in a tummy tuck seems they were opening me up🤣🤣🤣. I was met with a look of shock and disgust and a resounding no!🤣🤣. Spoil sports. So just keep doing what you are doing and really try to not let your O/H negativity get you down. 💞🦜

• posted by alliecat
    on

Have you always been crazy, Birdy, or is this a relatively new development? Personally, I’ve always marched to my
    own drummer and had the ability to “shock” 🙂 The bad news is that the affliction doesn’t improve with age! I should
    know…How many years young are you?

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

I really love reading your posts Birdy. You always cheer me up and make me smile. Well done on your fast. I only managed 20 hrs but my logic is every little bit counts lol

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Ah my dear Allie I have always been a quarter of sandwich short of a picnic🤣🤣🤣. I have always been a glass half full gal too. When I was a child I was bullied a lot by the same girl for years, this resulted in others bullying me too as they were afraid of her so joined in. This resulted in me becoming the class clown 🤡 and always trying to make people laugh, thus deflecting their horribleness! Don’t worry it did me no harm and eventually I punched that nasty cow straight in her mouth and she never picked on me again!🤣. Also the the karma bus not only got her, it ran over her again and again! I am not a nasty person, I always treat people how I would like to be treated too. So yep that’s me Hun nutty as a fruitcake and empathy for days and a real zest for life!🤣🤣. Oh sorry waffling again I am 44.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Scottishgal thank you, if I can make people smile and laugh then I am happy. Although I am not trying to most of the time!🤣. It is just me. I think you have done amazing with your fast hun 20 hrs is nearly a whole day not bad at all. I am trying to get used to black coffee at the moment so just finished my shopping and I am sat in the sun outside Starbucks with said black coffee and have got half way down and have just added some cream🤣. I am getting there though💞🦜

• posted by Happyhel35
    on

Birdy thanks you have cheered me up. My hubby doesn’t care if I’m big or not he just doesn’t think this could be healthy and wants me to join slimming world ! The one where on a ‘green’ day you eat as many carbs as you want!

I feel much much lighter today so will be interesting to see what the scales say on Monday, my official weigh in day.

Xxx

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Slimming world nooooooo! 👿👿👿👿. When he sees you flying around the house with all your extra energy he will soon see the truth about our WOE. You go girl. 💞🦜

• posted by wendleg
    on

OMG he will have you eating those tubes of cheese soon, Happyhel 😉 That’s a good plan to steer clear of the wine and gin.
    Just keep on as you are doing. My hubby recently got a diabètes diagnosis and he is paying attention now. I will get him sorted !
    Scottish gal, well done on your 20 h fast !

Birdy I just love your sponaneity and openness . I loved the bully story. You probably know I am a teacher and bullies get very short shrift with me. The motto is my classroom is ‘ Don’t judge’ !
    Yes, I can confirm that Allie has her crazy side 😉 She is an absolute treasure and one very determined lady !!

• posted by Happyhel35
    on

Wendleg & birdy, thank you !!

Hubby is just brainwashed by the low fat/ high fibre / lots of diet products WOE. …. but its happy to support me. He’s just worried.

We had steak for dinner. Mine was with gone made garlic butter and mushrooms. His chips and Diane sauce. So he certainly couldn’t complain!! Then he watched me eat 2 squares 85 percent chocolate so hes now much happier

Xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.