Redo.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JustStickWithThis
    on

Hello!
    A couple months ago I’d started this profile and claimed I was starting a plan of 800 calories a day for 8 weeks, or till I felt I’d reached a milestone and found an appropriate way to transition to the next logical step.
    But that never happened.
    Now, I try again.

I’m vegan. I’ve been eating as much as I please. And, well, my weight seems to stay here, right around 163-165lbs. It has been like this for a few years, pretty stable.
    I am somewhat active. I ride my bike about 3 days a week, and go out and walk when I can. I feel strong-ish. But still, I want to lose ~20lbs. I’m 5’4″ and nearly 34 years old.

8 weeks at 800 calories a day.
    That’s 56 days!
    My goal is to complete those 8 weeks at 800 calories a day. Then it would make sense to see what would be good for maintaining or continuing to trim down further, depending on what weight I find myself at. (Maybe the 5:2 would be good for maintenance.)

I might trip up now and then, but it would be better if I am strict with this. I don’t wanna give up this goal if I slip once or twice. Yet, if I find myself really struggling and unable to stick with it, then I probably should go find a different plan.

Hopefully, I’ll be able to say I did it and then live happily and thinly ever after.

Technically it is already Day #1 since its past midnight where I live.
    T minus 55. (Right? I think that’s how countdowns work…)
    Cheers!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi JustStickWithThis (will have to shorten that to JSWT), well done for coming back and giving this another go. No it is not easy or the whole world would be super slim, fit and diabetes free. We wish. You have tried, gone away and come back. Some like me are constantly at it, I have stuck with this for 21 months but still have my ups and downs. The important thing is we are still here so get back on, only 55 days to go. Good luck.

• posted by JustStickWithThis
    on

Well, so much for that!
    I became very ill with the flu, then food poisoning, then threw out my back.
    My back is still a bit tender and I will be seeing doctor soon. But aside from that I feel better.
    So ummm, here’s to trying again!

Day 1 starts tomorrow. If I can do 50 out of 56 days, I’d call that a win.
    🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.