Recording results

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MishMoney
    on

I am new to the BSD and the book suggests I can keep a record on the website of my progress… Can anyone tell me where I can find it?! Thank you!

• posted by Janet1973
    on

We have a thread running on here called ‘weigh in’. I don’t think there is anywhere else on the site just yet.

• posted by MishMoney
    on

Thanks for that. Although it would be great to have a BSD diary and chart (just a hint for the website developers!) the book also suggest the My Fitness Pal app, but it simply won’t allow you to record an 800 calorie intake for a day as it’s ‘too low’ and ‘unhealthy’. Has anyone found a suitable app?

• posted by susieb
    on

Hi, Mishmonkey,

I still use MFP even though it gives me a telling off for not consuming enough calories. I find it useful for tracking the carbs, fat and protein – and also for looking back on previous days to see what days menu works best for me.

• posted by Williecowan
    on

Hi, After reading “the 8 week blood sugar diet” by Dr Mosley I also expected a convenient place to store stats. Cant find it if it exists?!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

There might be that facility on the paid 12 week online course but I dont remember there being anything mentioned in the book about putting something on this site.

• posted by pod
    on

I’ve just used my fitness pal, the free version. You can enter all your food, and it tracks carbs, fat, sugar, fibre and loads more. Everyday it tells me I haven’t eaten enough, but I just ignore it!
    You can track your weight, measurements and exercise.. I think it’s great!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Fast diet pages have a tracker, but not here. I use Cronometer (free version), and have my Withings account linked to it.

• posted by Panda Bear
    on

Yes. I read in the book you could record results on the website too (page 82) but cannot see where this is possible. I have instead created my own record sheets in Excel and pasted them in an exercise book. This way at least I can customise what I really want to keep track of. This time I am taking my time to prepare myself thoroughly for the challenge.

• posted by fattyfattyboomboooms
    on

Fat Secret app and website. It doesn’t tell you off for eating so “little”

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Crono doesn’t tell you off either, and I have found it quite Keto friendly if you dig into your account settings, and set them to your liking. I like the charts, very motivating.

• posted by Panda Bear
    on

Thanks I will keep these apps in mind. 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.