Recommended level of carbs?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Casey76
    on

Morning everyone. I was wondering if there was a recommended level of carbs? I mean how low is low? Under 100g, 80g? 50g?

I’ve only counted calories in the past, so I’m going to find it difficult with the low carbing, and prefer to have a set limit, as I find that helps when I’m planning meals.

thanks 🙂

• posted by NiKe70
    on

Yes I would like to know the Maximum gram of carbs allowed ? I am starting this diet today. Can someone help ?

• posted by Casey76
    on

Hi NiKe,

I’ve been on the diet for a week, and I’ve discovered that simply by cutting out starchy carbs and things with added sugar, my daily carbs have levelled out to around 50-55g. I’m not eating any fruit though.

Hope this helps 🙂

• posted by happysheryl
    on

Hi, I have Dr. Mosley’s book, and thankfully, there is not carb gram counting! It’s basically a Mediterranean-based type of eating, with food recommendations. Frankly, after a lifetime of counting either calories, carbs, fats, points and food ratios, about the only thing I can count is 800 cals twice a week (I’m doing the 5:2 version mentioned in the book)!!!

I already feel so much better with the junk cut out.

Please log in or register to post a reply.