Recipe error in book

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by NewDieter
    on

Just wanted to flag up an issue I think I’ve spotted with one of the recipes in the book – the apple wedges with homemade almond butter. The recipe uses 300g of almonds and says it makes 4 portions, but says that the calories (with apple and seeds) is 110.

300g of almonds contains 1776 calories according to the packs I bought today, which tallies with calorie counts on my fitness pal. Just wanted to flag it up as if you used this recipe you’d end up eating >500 calories in one go.

• posted by Michael (BSD Admin)
    on

Thanks NewDieter for feeding back about the ground almonds. It should be for 12 portions. Interestingly, for almonds and most other nuts, about a third of calories are not absorbed during digestion, probably due to the roughage. So they both fill you up and are also relatively low on calories!

Please log in or register to post a reply.