Re start after a turbulent year

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Angelsand
    on

Hi
    I wanted to come back on here since this is how it all started. I joined in 2017 and had a huge success with this 800 plan. I had my ups and downs but eventually taught myself the BSD way of life – eating low carb all the time.

I am 5 5 and a year ago i weighed around 9st. Today i am almost 11. In the past year i managed to leave a very destructive and manipulative marriage and take my two girls with me. Was doing so well with managing being a single mum and working full time but in the last 6m i have lost my way with it all.
    I have been torturing myself with what i weighed and how i looked a year ago and how i have hugely let myself down.

Tonight I’m going to go back to my fast 800 book and try to begin a new chapter. Any advice from re starters would be massively appreciated.
    Thanks for reading xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

So sorry you have been struggling, Angelsand. My tip is don’t drown yourself in negativity, it’s so destructive and counterproductive. There is no shame in being human and you are definitely not the only returner, so please jump right in and we’ll do our best to offer support and advice.

The good news is that you KNOW you can do this, because you did it before. The key points are low carb, high (good fats) and hydration, hydration, hydration. Record everything you consume and weigh and measure what you’re consuming too.

Would be lovely to have you on the weekly thread, as there are returners, old hands and newcomers, all sharing their experience, knowledge and advice ….. and their wins too of course. Will look forward to reading about your progress.

• posted by Angelsand
    on

Thank you so much! I will find the weekly thread x

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Angelsand,
    My story is similar to yours. I did the BSD in 2016. I lost a lot of weight (needed to), got down to 9st, then in 2018 put over 2 stone back on again. I came on here , started again and have recently got back to 9st. There are lots of us on here for the second time so you’re not alone I promise – and you can get back to 9st and how you felt then – I promise that, too. It’s great that you’ve come back. Brilliant first step. xx
    Try not to torture yourself with those images of what you were like. I did exactly the same for weeks and so I know it’s hard not to, but what I realised after a while was it was kind of getting in the way and wasn’t helping. Start again, set yourself small, easily achievable targets and celebrate them just as much this time round.

Like SunnyB says, you haven’t let yourself down at all. You’ve been through so much already so be gentle with yourself, eh.

Jennie
    xx

• posted by Angelsand
    on

Thank you so much Jennie! Day one complete!
    I will join the current weekly thread now. Your advice was just what i needed. 9st seems like a distant memory. So much has happened this year xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.