RE-FOCUS, One Week at a Time, Beginning Nov. 20th!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Violinist, another bird person, I love it! You’re in an apartment now but you’ve started your construction on a home, right? I hope that will afford good bird watching!
    Sorry to hear your ankle has been painful — do you get the pin out? Screws? My sister just had hand surgery and the pin was very painful — luckily it has just been removed so I’m hoping she gets better soon (she is one cranky patient!)

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning Caligirl!
    Yes, our new home is right in the middle of a few wildlife areas, so we will be watching for all sorts ofd birds, lizards, turtles and bobcats. I can’t wait to be lounging by the spa and pool under a screened in lanai with the back of the house completely opened by glass pocket doors!!! – next year.

The pin and screws do not come out of my ankle and they do not particularly bother me. I got my foot causgjt in a deck step between two steps and fell forward last Sept 28. Broke both bones in the ankle. And your sister has every right to be cranky, I actually did the ugly cry after surgery!!

Have a great day everyone!

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Everyone.Ive had a good day today.Managed on fluids till lunch then stayed on plan with dinner..Ive noticed the fluctuations on the daily weight have a lot to do with how much Ive been drinking so Im really focussed on the water intake.I went to work today so Im really pleased with my self control.I only work casual so Im going to be fulltime for 2 weeks.It will be a challenge to stay on plan when Im really tired but Im totally motivated at leadt for today.I hope everyone .doing well.
    Sorry I don’t count birds.We have a native plant garden and plenty of local birds.my favourite is the Kookaburra which has a very distinctive sound .I think we are very lucky to have acces to nature. A season to give thanks.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello, everyone! I’m glad that you had a good day, Butterlover. I must look up the Kookaburra!

I’m not looking forward to tomorrow’s weigh in, but I’m mainlining water today, too! It’s just too easy to
    become complacent after a long period of maintenance…This week is going to be a very busy one for me,
    so if we all want to continue again this week, do we have any volunteers to host this week’s thread? I think
    I need some catch up time 🙂 I’m feeling the pressure to get Christmas shopping done! Wendy? Help!

Stay focused, all, and let’s make this another positive week. Only a month til Christmas, now! Bring on the
    party dresses 🙂

• posted by alliecat
    on

Good heavens, Butterlover! What a loud bird 🙂 We have the North American Belted Kingfisher, which
    is similar in shape and sound, but blue with a “belt” of rust around the middle. They are raucus, too,
    though I’ve only seen one once!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi Allie ! I don’t mind hosting the thread this Week. Bear with me though folks as I’m new at hosting !! I’ll do my utmost to give support to you all xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

This is the new thread I have started …

Come on everyone let’s do this together ! Festive Focus ….Nov 26th and onwards

I know it’s a busy time but feel free to come and chat and let’s continue to support each other with the kindness and generosity of spirit which is so special on this forum. You have made me feel so welcome !

• posted by alliecat
    on

Thank you, Wendy! I know you will do a great job, because your caring spirit is well known to us all, and
    that’s really why these weekly threads continue. Verano started it, I’ve carried along for several months,
    and I hope everyone is aboard, at least until Christmas! See you on the new thread 🙂 xoxo

Allie

• posted by Verano
    on

Allie thank you for your many, many great weeks hosting this challenge you have kept us all going well!
    Wendy it’s good to see you carrying on the tradition.
    As for me, over the last week or so, starting with ‘The Obesity Code’, I’ve done a lot of reading, looking back through my records, soul searching and planning.
    My conclusion is …… “to thine own self be true…..”
    Soooo ….. I need a bit more thinking time to work out exactly what I want, and where I want to be. I know how to do it, but I just have to work out my priorities. I have a birthday soon, which always concentrates the mind at my age, and so I have weigh up the pros and cons.
    I’m not committing myself to a new challenge at the moment particularly as I’ve let Kazz down so badly on ‘our trip’.
    Wishing everyone a great new week!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Ah Verano, birthdays are such a good time to review and reinvent!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Thanks for hosting, Wedleg, and also thanks for Alliecat being so good at followup and support!

Please log in or register to post a reply.