Quote for the day

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

“There is one sentence I have heard many times over when listening to doctors: ‘I don’t believe in…’.
    But medicine is not theology: it is not for us to believe or not believe. We simply need to study the evidence – and when it comes to gluten, the evidence suggests it’s a lot more complicated than we know.”

Read this in a Daily Mail online article this morning. Talking about a new book in gluten sensitivity, and there are a lot of similarities between what we are saying and what the article says. Anyone interested, the book is: Gluten Attack: Why Gluten Is Waging War On Our Health And What To Do About It? by Professor David Sanders. Sounds like Prof Sanders is to gluten what Prof Taylor and Dr Mosley are to low-carb!
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3523461/Is-proof-avoiding-wheat-not-pointless-fad-new-book-leading-doctor-reveals-gluten-making-people-ill-thought.html#ixzz44ymqlgD3

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi captainlynne

My quote for the day is on Spike Milligan’s tombstone , ” I told you I was ill “.

Just read your post & the article. Several years ago I read Ian Marber’s book, The Food Dr Diet. I realised that bread just made me feel ill & stopped eating so much of it. Pity I didn’t just stop
    He said wheat, rye, barley & oats are known as Gluten grains & contain Gliadin. Gliadin can irritate the lining of the intestinal tract. Grains have been cross bred to increase Gluten content. Gluten gives bread it’s airy expanded feel

I just knew bread was no longer my friend. Now I wonder if it helped me to become diabetic. Yet more metabolic / digestive problems created by the men who need Big Bucks!

Good job you brought this article to our attention , thanks

You are roaring ahead with the BSD & it is good to hear from you. Keep on keeping on. Knowledge IS power
    Eureka

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Eureka

I like that one from Spike too 😃. And the one from Churchill😃

Even though I came to realise bread was making me ill, I kept going back to it. Before I started the BSD I think it was sandwiches for nearly every meal. I’d be too tired to cook so had a sandwich, which made me tired so ….. You get the picture!

It’s really only since I started this that I realised just how badly the bread etc was affecting me.

The above article was one of the first things I read this morning, and there seemed so many parallels with what we’re finding. Do these manufacturers not realise what they are doing, or do they have no conscience? I wonder what it will take to make them change their recipes?

• posted by hashimoto
    on

I read that on line aswell lynne. At last! Some medical person who believes what patients struggling with gluten say. I firmly believe my rather severe diverticulitis was caused by persistent inflammation due to gluten intolerance. I made thatconnection when I wasn’t in severe pain after eating gluten when i was on large doses of oral steroids. What do steroids do? Reduce inflammation!

My packed lunches used to be sandwiches, lynne. My breakfast?weetabix with fruit. So healthy! Not! Despite the sarnies packed with salad and the cereal topped with fruit – it wasn’t just causing severe pain it is wasmaking me ill 🙁

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi captainlynne

It’s always only about the money! But they are going to be in big trouble as more of us wake up to the facts. I vote with my purse

Have you noticed that creeping mindfulness is a direct consequence of the 8 week BSD? Shedding scales from our eyes. I’ve never tweeted or Facebooked or forumed before BSD. Think it’s waking up my brain. About time!

Love Churchill. Went to a school called Blenheim.
    Re: Diabetes & Low Carbs
    Never, in the field of human conflict, will so much be owed by so many to so few.
    Big up the petition
    Eureka

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Way hey, eureka, I’m all for bigging up the petition! 🙂

Lynne, spooky timing of article considering our very recent discussion re the link between Fibromyalgia and gluten! I printed it off to show my friend – the one I suspect has gluten intolerance and does have Fibromyalgia 🙂

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Judith, my breakfast would be a bacon sandwich, lunch a sandwich, tea – guess what? Another sandwich. For variety I might put beetroot on my bacon sandwich instead of ketchup! For breakfast, tried Oats so Simple – not a great idea, I was nearly running round the walls as they spiked my blood sugar. I also tried Weetabix but, to put it politely, I needed the toilet nearby😱

Looking back, I did realise some foods were affecting me, but I just didn’t join up all the dots. I made the mistake of looking at each thing in isolation, rather than seeing the whole picture as its unfolding now.

Yes Eureka, it seems like lots of us are realising how we’ve been misled over the years and becoming activists. I wonder if Michael and the Prof realised what they would unleash? As has been said before – Up the revolution!

Please log in or register to post a reply.