Question about skin

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Ok, here’s one for you. I have been following this WOE since April, strictly til july then a little more maintaining.
    The past few months i have suffered with some unusual dry skin despite moisturising more than i would have before (not that it is probably enough). Initial issue was on my thighs and belly, red n itchty, then dry. It took time to resolve with diprobase cream but now seems ok, I’m still using the cream though. Past few weeks I have had an only dry scalp, not flaky all over but some scaly patches (disgusting i know) Tried head and shoulders, no difference now using t-gel which stinks…. I’ll give it another week before talking to pharmacist or doctor.

Just really wondered if it could be diet related? (I guess is could be stress related). I havent been taking any vitamin supplements, I thought i was eating so many vegetables that i’d be ok for vitamins and minerals…. but what do you think? Could i be missing something? Anyone suffered similar? Any recommendations for a good vit supplement?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Julz

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Julz I probably won’t be of much help because I haven’t suffered from dry skin really. Do you eat nuts and have avocados? Both are a great source of ‘good’ oil. Stress can do terrible things to the body so it’s more likely to be that than a deficiency in your diet but then I’m no doctor!
    I’m a lot older than you, I think, but I take all sorts of supplements ….. vitamin B complex, turmeric and Piperine, cod liver oil capsule and coenzyme Q10. Not sure if any of them do any good but my skin is pretty good …. could just be genes! Whatever I’m frightened to stop taking them now …. just in case!
    It might be better to speak to a hairdresser about your dry scalp because there are lots of shampoos that moisture the scalp rather than dry it out.
    Anyway, hope you get to the bottom of your problem … don’t give up on this way of eating because it’s unlikely to be that.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi,

There is a condition known as keto rash, where they think that the presence of ketones in sweat irritates the skin.

I have also read a number of articles which suggest that while it may seem counter intuitive a sodium deficiency and not drinking enough can cause patches of dry skin.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Thanks both.
    I’ve started taking a B Vit complex (basically cos its what i have in the house and sounds like a good idea). I have to go to the pharmacist for a flu job anyway so i’ll talk to them about it. Freaked myself out last night googling pictures of head skin condidtions….. my body is still crawling with the images, just cant cope with that sort of thing eeeeeeew!!

Will make sure I keep water and salt levels up too.

Please log in or register to post a reply.