Put weight on!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by TeeMac
    on

Hi all
    So I’ve been on the 800 calories for just over two weeks and was losing weight steadily. I have lost 1st 3lbs which I was thrilled with. I do HIIT workouts every morning plus stretching and abs workouts etc. I’m really working hard compared to before where I didn’t workout at all.
    However, I just weighed myself this morning and I have put on 3.5lbs! I can’t even think how!
    I’m following the recipes/menu plan in the back of the book, I haven’t so much as nibbled anything extra at all, I haven’t really felt the need or had cravings. I drink only water (plus my one coffee first thing in the morning).
    So I was a little bit gutted this morning.
    Has this happened to anyone else? Is it normal?
    X

• posted by Squidge
    on

TeeMac, you lost such a lot in two weeks, that I wonder if some was water, and you were a little dehydrated, and that’s now righted itself?
    Whatever the reason, you’ve still lost almost a stone, in two weeks. That’s incredible. Don’t give up now, I’m sure that if you keep going as you were, you’ll continue to lose weight, although probably more slowly.

• posted by JGwen
    on

The advice is to drink 2 litres of water a day, – each litre weighs 1kg (2.2 lbs) so depending where you are on your water input / output your weight will fluctuate by a number of lbs.

Also high insulin levels blocks other hormone regulation systems from working. In particular it blocks your growth hormone which is what controls the building of bone density and muscle strength. – Combine low insulin levels with exercise and you will see a change in body composition. –

If is far better to focus on the changes in body shape than to focus on the readings on the scales.

• posted by TeeMac
    on

Thank you both for replying. I do drink a lot of water (always have). I think, I expected the weight loss to slow down but not reverse. I will keep at it and see what happens over the next few weeks.
    I have done body measurements and they ha e changed so maybe , like you say, concentrate and that instead.

• posted by Saya1122
    on

thats amazing well done on the weight that you have lost! i have just bought the book and hoping to try the plan from today.. not sure if you are male or female but the time of the month really affects the scales for me and also stress/sleep even if i’ve not changed my diet or exercise but stress and sleep issues really make a huge impact. keep going and you’ve motivated me to start as well (i’ve put on alot of weight since this year so hoping to go back to my previous weight and health)

• posted by Tori
    on

Hi

That’s happened to me too. Ive just started week 4 today, and in first 2 weeks I lost 13lb and 1 inch of wait, so I was really pleased with myself. This last week ive gained 2lb back and waist stays same and I’m not sure what’s gone wrong.

I have stuck to 800 calories strictly not had any alcohol, I weigh and measure everything. I am also on week 5 coutch to 5k, Which is challenging due no minimal carbs.

I’ve even counted up roughly how many carbs I’ve had and I’m averaging around 50g a day. I also drink loads of water. I also use urine stick and I’ve been in ketosis from end of 1st week (not diabetic just needed to loose weight)

I don’t know what’s happening, I’m hoping it’s just a glitch, nearly fell of wagon this morning and had bagel cos I felt so disappointed, but after a stern conversation with myself I am sleeping better and I do feel better.

Just feel a bit miffed!

Thanks

• posted by JGwen
    on

The other point I should have made in my previous reply was to not only look for inch loss at the waist. – Lots of people on the forum have reported that they saw changes in their faces, collar bones emerged, even shoe sizes changed before waist measurement changed.

I definitely noticed the changes in my arms and legs before waist and hips.

I have also noticed that that temperature and amount of moisture in the air effects the reading on the scales. It doesn’t matter if your scales are an old fashioned looking dial or needle, or a digital reading, its still just a piece of metal being used as a spring to work out the weight. – The impact of the weather may be more pronounced for me in a traditional Welsh farmhouse with rattling windows. 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.