Protein shakes

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wg16
    on

Hi, I’m just starting my 2nd week of the BSD and I would like to get a protein shake for when I’m on the run and to stop me punching the kids’ lunches 🙂 Can anyone recommend a good one (with good macro / micro nutritional values) in Australia? TIA

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

If you type shakes into the search box at the top of the page you will see what others have done and are doing re shakes …

• posted by Stacey
    on

Hi wg16

I have a shake for breakfast and I stick to either Optifast or Optislim Platinum from the chemist. Low cal and low carb and taste ok. Optislim Platinum needs to be mixed with milk, I use unsweetened almond milk to keep the cals low. I did see a big bucket of protein shake at Woolies the other day that was low cal and low carb, I think it was called Hydrox Protein or something. hope this helps 🙂

• posted by jbloggs
    on

check the sugars – a dietician put me on a protein powder drink – my levels went up – it was full of sugar!

Dont trust professional advice – check for yourself.

• posted by Poppyflower
    on

Hi, in the beginning I felt as you do now so I bought some optifast shakes and bars for the times when I wouldn’t be able to prepare something healthy to eat. I am in Australia also.
    I found that until the end of week two I had them for breakfast or as a meal replacement when out but as my appetite dropped I found I no longer needed them and now I find them too sweet! I have more than half a box of shakes left.
    When I am out I have had salads from soul origin in Sydney and I have even had a McDonald’s chicken salad without dressing. I also have individual pots of Greek yogurt, cheese sticks and nuts. I am also increasingly finding that if I can’t find any suitable food I am ok fasting.
    I have just finished 8 weeks today and was a total carb addict but I have lost 10 kg and no longer crave carbs.
    I have a busy life with kids etc and would not have believed that this would work but I feel like a different person.
    Be careful not to buy too many bars and shakes as they are expensive and you may find that in a few weeks you won’t need them.
    Good luck

I

Please log in or register to post a reply.