preparing for BSD

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by 2chinjoe
    on

Hello,
    I’m looking to start BSD 800 at the end of July. I take medication for HBP and HC so have blood tests routinely, though not done any in last two months. Are the baseline blood tests recommended a must at the start the diet or can they be done later and using old results as reference? I’m just wondering whether I’ll be able to do the tests before the end of the month as it may be difficult to get a GP appointment in time. Any advice?
    thanks

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi 2chinjoe, I dont know that any blood tests need doing. I think the part in the book about having so many tests done is unrealistic as doctors dont had out tests on a whim. However, you already have conditions that mean you are tested and as your last test was only 2 months ago you should use that as your base.

Although I note you are using this diet as a weight loss plan and not for medical conditions, you will find an improvement in your results but dont stop any medication. My cholesterol has gone from 6.4 to 3.5 ish and my bp is down from 140/80 to 120/70 but my doctor insists I stick with my meds for both. As a diabetic, I have been able to reduce that medication in line with BG severely reducing and continuing on the original doses would be dangerous. See how you go with the weight first and then worry about what the diet does to the rest of your body – or should I say dont worry. Everything will improve in line with the weight loss.

• posted by 2chinjoe
    on

Thanks fir the advice, sunshine-girl. Will focus on keeping to my resolve.

Please log in or register to post a reply.