Post eight weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

You beat me to it Frog!!! Bread shaped kids??!!! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Maybe it’s the BSD Magic.. Anything diabetes related just disappears!!!!!!

on

Yowzer, you’ve essentially hit the nail on the head. Avoiding carbs removes the need to calorie count religiously because we no longer eat junk and can not eat vast amounts of the ‘good stuff’ anyway πŸ‘πŸΌ

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh JANEY i’m glad ive got something right at last,after all the years of losing and regaining weight! maybe now i can live in peace and harmony with my body! X

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

No, the child isn’t bread shaped, the bread is though… it turned out awesome! I dropped it on my husband too πŸ™‚ The bread, not the child. They want that bread all the time now, apparently πŸ™‚ Win! My youngest, the slightly chubby one, he requested and sat down to a (larger than mine, actually!) roast chicken and beef salad tonight with a homemade roll, and he scoffed the lot without complaint, left a tiny bit of lettuce but that was it. Skinny one had cheeseburger. He’s going to be a tough nut to crack, I think.

Have you asked the powers that be if there’s a reason for that, Frog?

Yeah Eps, well it made sense really, no point us being all healthy and then letting the children eat all the crap that we’re avoiding… I’ve warned them that there will be big changes once all the stuff is gone from the house, it won’t be getting replaced, only with fruit and healthier snacks, and that things like cakes and biscuits I will be baking myself as a treat for them. Just the skinny one, he’s Autistic and very very fussy with food. He eats so little and would survive on pizzas and lately cheeseburgers if I’d let him. In the past I’ve chosen my battles and that wasn’t one of them. Might be time to get in the ring on that one!

• posted by tokyo14
    on

Well i have had a few rubbish days. ” technology” wise !! first my battery charger died for my phone then they thought it was the the phone then they said no its your charger so ordered a new one !!! then i couldnt get on here as it was believed i was spam!!!! so blocked out then charger i ordered went missing so i upgraded my phone today and the computer in the shop kept dying and then it has taken me all day to sort it out get all my passwords etc sorted so yes lucky i believe in mercury whatsit!!! now tell it too leave me alone !!!!!
    on a good note had a lovely tea lamb rogan josh with some bharjis and other bits no rice but didnt miss it was delish oh and a piece of nigellas olive oil cake !!! so that made up for mercury!!!!!

on

Glad you’ve triumphed over the wrath of mercury. I blame Lucky TBH. She mentioned it.

We are currently in Norwich enjoying Thai food on a boat and beer made from real elephants. Not BSD friendly and I’m sure I’ll pay the price in the morning!!!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Haha you’ve got a few more weeks left of Mercury Retrograde Tokyo, buckle up cupcake! Good to see you back though 😊

Janey? Elephants? Wth???

• posted by tokyo14
    on

enjoy the food and the beer janey!! x

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Tokyo – glad to see you back

beer made from elephants? If it’s legal, I hope that they were free range

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I was a bit mind blown at that until she tweeted me a pic of a certain brand of beer with elephant logo 😁

on

Hahaha, morning folks. In case you hadn’t noticed I was slightly squiffy on said beer last night!!! However the good news is that beer made from elephants is obviously high protein/low carb as don’t have the shocking BSD level hangover today.. Yet!!

• posted by tokyo14
    on

morning all
    good news on the non hangover janey !!!
    and congrats to lucky on magnificent weight loss!!!!πŸ˜€
    how good is that? go with it and enjoy
    must admit i am been a bit relaxed like i said the other day but will have a cheeky weigh in tomorrow to make sure i am not too relaxed!!!!!
    at least then i can pull it back !!!
    but what are weekends for if not too enjoy life have fun and have a little if what you fancy i work hard enough during the week and life is way too short x

• posted by tokyo14
    on

i have just tried my JOF on and the triangle where the zip has gone and they meet up wont fasten but they meet up !!!! getting there!!!!πŸ˜‡πŸ‘–πŸ‘–πŸ‘–

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy well done Tokyo! I’ve got in mine today!!!!

I’m trying to chill now. Just made eggs for everyone in the new maker. And dropped mine on the floor. No, I tell a lie, I dropped my husband’s on the floor and gave him mine instead. So I am now in what can only be described as a foul mood. And I have eaten a Pepperami instead. 0.6 g of carbs. Tried the boiled today, medium boiled, looked perfect. Well, mine did until it rolled off the ******* egg cup and onto the floor, and was flat! I don’t mind a flat poached or fried egg, but not in it’s shell, with bits of said shell now embedded in it. Veg is all peeled for Sunday dinner. Will try a poached egg tomorrow. But all in all, simple to use, and will make life a lot easier, and less cleaning! Yay! Hate cleaning pans after poached eggs!

• posted by tokyo14
    on

roast chicken and salad for tea and bits of greek stuff for lunch !!! ( falafel koftas halloumi etc all low carb good old m and s !!!! )
    yay on your jeans of now then !!!
    hows the boot quest going ??

• posted by Frog
    on

congratulations on the Jeans both!

Am beginning to see the point of the egg cooker – I poach my eggs in silicone poaching cups (two for brunch, inspired by all the egg talk on here) – but I can see that if you don’t use those, then poached eggs are messy – especially if you’re doing lots. I either had a big egg the other day, or got distracted putting the cup in the pan, but some of the egg white slipped out into the water, and that was a bit of a pain to clean.
    I think I will live without one though!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Sod all here for lunch! Apart from the bloody Pepperami! No egg, anyway! And very, very likely, no tea either! Yippee! See Twitter for full story…

Mentioning the boots is unlikely to lighten my mood… shall we just say… I’m going to be a size 8 and my bloody calves are going to be bigger than my waist.

I haven’t tried the silicone ones Frog, I did have a metal pan once that supposedly poached them, four metal cups, but they were always hard poached, and I wanted a soft yolk. I had a microwave one, that was pretty much the same story. I finally saw how to poach an egg perfectly on a cookery programme, went in the kitchen and did it straight away. Been fine since. But yes, the cleaning, plus if you’re doing more than two, you have to wash the pan, change the water and by that point, I really can’t be bothered. And at that point, can you hazard a guess at who has to do without their egg? In one! Moi! This will boil (steam) six at once and poach four. I might have one for tea…

• posted by tokyo14
    on

the saga of the eggs a story to behold !!!!
    you have to eat your roast or you will waste away to nothing !!!!!
    and then the boots will be too big!! 😷

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Grrrrr… bloody messing about! Tap tap, slice, done. No. Five minutes peeling the bloody thing when son had already said just take top off so he could eat it with a spoon from the shell.

I won’t eat it, I can tell you now. Nothing wrong with it, I make a lovely roast dinner, second only to my Mum, apparently (pffffffffffft – thanks family!) but after I’ve stood there all afternoon and cooked it and dished it up, I don’t want it. It only happens with a roast dinner, no other meal. I’ve stood for hours batch cooking curries from 6 am til 6 pm before now and I’ll gladly sit down with one at 7 pm. It’s odd. The only exception is Christmas dinner and probably that is only because there would be a big fuss if I didn’t.

These boots will NEVER be too big Tokyo. Trust me. 40 lbs down and half an inch off one and nothing off the other. It’s not happening.

• posted by Imogen
    on

Can you take some of the ingredients and whizz up some soup as an alternative??? Or maybe not if you have been cooking all day😞…feel for you Hon.x

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

You know what Imogen? You might have just hit the nail on the head. If I put it in a bowl, with some gravy on it, like a stew… I wonder if that’d work?? It might just work! The thought of beef stew appeals to me right now! Thank you! πŸ˜€

• posted by tokyo14
    on

Well todays news is whilst out buying oppo in budgens i have found some low carb bread 3 g a slice 68 cals it looks like bread if little and it tastes like bread just like a seeded loaf really get in just hand some toasted delish!!!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Woooooooooo Tokyo, I love seeded bread! That little Warbies seeded loaf used to be my favourite!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Mmm. LUCKY that little warbies seeded loaf! X
    I’ m not gonna eat bread at all for my first eight weeks ( day one week 8 today teehee!) and actually the idea of bread seems too heavy now..but will be nice to have one to turn to in future thats low carb and seedy..no Budgens up here i dont think tho..used to go Budgens in London when my DD lived there..loved it!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I’d never heard of Budgens until Runforfun – the Oppo girl came on. I don’t think we have any in my neck of the woods either, Yowzer. Might be stocked somewhere else though?

What was it called Tokyo?

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I think some Waitrose sell it too? Oooooooh…!

• posted by tokyo14
    on

livlife lucky i thought its connected to co op possibly they had a web site
    its another trick in our bags for us post 8
    weekers!! its getting to be quite a good bag πŸ‘œπŸ‘œ

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

It is indeed πŸ™‚ I want to make some spelt bread with the wholemeal flour this week too. I couldn’t face it today after yesterday’s baking and the mess, you did see the picture, right??? Maybe tomorrow.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

O Tokyo, Tokyo! Wherefore art thou, Tokyo???

• posted by tokyo14
    on

watching bake off eating a raspberry turnover 🍰🍰🍰

on

I missed it again!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrr

You are a cake saboteur Tokyo πŸ™„

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Ooooh is it nice Tokyo? I haven’t had pastry in so long. Well, not proper pastry, chickpea pastry but meh.

• posted by tokyo14
    on

it was delish my weekly treat now !! and bake off was v good biscuits boy i love a good biscuit not as much as my cat loves dog biscuits tho i have a very odd cat !!!🐈

• posted by Frog
    on

Froglet (my cat) has acquired a love of avocado over the last few weeks.
    I was out this evening, just got in – good reminder on Bake Off, thanks Tokyo
    I will watch it with a small helping of my Frill intense chocolate ice cream!

• posted by Frog
    on

Night Yowzer – poor cat, poor you
    did you enjoy Julietta?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

We changed our plan..going tomorrow night,really looking forward to it! X

• posted by Frog
    on

enjoy – it’s brilliant.
    Iced biscuits and gingerbread structures not doing anything for me, but I really fancy a Viennese whirl (well, one of the top three Viennese whirls maybe!)

• posted by tokyo14
    on

well weigh day for me and its a stay the same which i am quite pleased about janey and lucky you will understand why !!
    but i have had a good few treats which i dont feel guilty about one bit!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Morning Tokyo, stay the same is good, yes I know why, and no, you shouldn’t feel guilty cocker! x

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Just swinging by to say White Rabbits 🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰 for the first September..i love autumn and glad to be going into it …v pleased that i enter a new season a lot lighter than i entered summer!
    Will be post eight weeks on 7 Sept,will prob redo the eight weeks,except maybe when i go out to celebrate birthdays etc..when i will be a bit more relaxed foodwise!
    Very pleased with self that i havent deviated once in the 8 weeks and most days have been below and never above 800 cals/ 50 carbs..
    Haven’t been weighed for a week,last weigh in was 28 lbs,hoping i might hit thirty or more ! Keep yr fingers crossed for me! X

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Pinch punch Yowzer πŸ˜‰

When will you get to weigh next, do you know? You’ve done brilliantly. If you can do another 8 weeks, good on you, but remember to keep checking in with yourself πŸ™‚

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

LUCKY Sorry i got confooozed…and answered yr question over on the HELLO thread! That happens very easily to me! 😬😬😬😬😬 xx

on

Ladies, I am paying the price of giving in to a jam doughnut..feeling quite yucky currently! Think it’s safe to say I won’t be rushing to have another one! I will stick to Bake Off for my case fix in future!

Had to laugh (in between wanting to slap him) when one of my colleagues suddenly said to me today, ‘oh, you’ve lost quite a bit of weight, haven’t you?’. Obviously he has had his eyes shut for 3+ months and not heard ANY of my conversations about the BSD!!

Tried to log the first couple of KM on MyMarathon but the website isn’t playing ball at the moment πŸ™

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hehe! Even more confoozed than i thought!
    Email fr DD: Mum,just borrowed the dry shampoo you left in bathroom
    Me: dry shampoo? I didnt know i had any!
    DD?.erm Mum..Have you been using the spray dry shampoo as a deodorant?!
    Me: mm…possssssibly….yeeees…..πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

JANEY Well done on the kms! x

on

OMG, I just had to stifle hysterical giggling at that post Yowzer… the office is dead quiet so it was a challenge!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hehe! I guess i belong here now!
    its day 56 and ive lost 34 lbs..2 stone 6, 15 kilo..whichever sounds best
    Average of just over 4 lb a week for 8 weeks! πŸ‘πŸ» x
    theres just time to repeat the cycle twice more by New Year so thats my plan x!

• posted by tokyo14
    on

well another 1.1 kg off this week so in total 10.1kg or 22.2 lbs or 1 stone 8lb !! i am 1.4 kg off my next goal and then a huge rethink as been having quite a few possible side effects of low carb eating and i have to be a bit careful so will see where i go next but continuing fir the time been and see what happens 😎

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Well done Tokyo, wonderful news πŸ™‚

And a big well done to you too Yowzer, bet you’re thrilled πŸ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.