Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Before I start … apologies to those who “don’t do Christmas” until December …..
    🙂 today I wrote almost all our Christmas cards, just a few special ones for close family, still to buy and write
    🎁 Christmas gift wrapping kit now out of the loft, ready for me to tackle the gift wrapping over the next few days
    Those two are my main positives for today. For now, I’m feeling good about my prep for the festive season, hopefully it will last!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Oh look at that … flipped onto a new page of positives!!!! Come on people, join in!

• posted by Verano
    on

Well done flipping us over Sunny!
    Just one huge positive for me today…..
    📕🫏✒️ New one week to view diary arrived today. It’s shocking pink with a zebra on it!
    So looking forward to starting a fresh new journal on January 1st.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Glad you’ve got your new diary, V. I bought one last week in readiness and it won’t be so long, before we start populating them will it?

My positives for today are ….
    🧶 almost finished knitting another hat …. this one’s for OH and then I’m going to make one for his cousin too.
    🙂 bedding changed, so looking forward to snuggling into clean sheets tonight
    🌼 took advantage of a lull in the wet stuff, to plant out some bulbs. Was lovely to be out in the garden for awhile and in spring, there’ll be some beautiful blooms🤞🏻
    🙂 24hrs into a fast, few hunger pangs, but should he fine until lunchtime tomorrow

Hope to be seeing some others sharing positives soon

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Has been a good day, if unremarkable. It’s days like this, that can make it a bit difficult to pin down those positives, but let’s see what I can identify …..
    🐝 spent sometime watching a huge bumblebee foraging on viola blooms, getting a last feed in before winter
    🙂 finished knitting a hat for OH, to keep him cosy when he’s working outside
    🍽 looking forward to lunching with DD and GS tomorrow
    So, seems even an uneventful day, can be blessed with positives.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Popping in to offer some positives, before getting a very early night ….
    🙂 enjoyed catching up with DD and GS for lunch. Managed to keep pretty good control of the carbs too.
    ❄ thankfully no settled snow here, despite amber weather warning.
    👍🏻 arrived home this afternoon, just as a courier was about to abandon a delivery attempt, so was able to accept and ‘sign’ for it.
    Only little things, but I find it’s the accumulation of all the little pluses, that make the day more pleasing. 😀

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hello lovely positive people, thought I’d pop in and share some positives …..
    🎉 lovely dinner out with friends on Friday …. was in an 1850’s railway carriage, so heating was poor, but they supplied little hor water bottles to each of us. Orders taken and food served through the carriage window 😂. Was a really fun evening, with lovely food.
    🎁 made a good dent in the Christmas gift wrapping yesterday. Still plenty to do, but feels wonderful to have made a decent start.
    🍽 friends came to lunch today and brought me a beautiful poinsettia …. 🤞🏻 I can keep it alive, as I’ve not had great success before.
    Hope the first weekend of December has brought you some positives too.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well, it’s become a bit lonely on this thread😔, but I’ll keep posting in the hope someone else joins in again soon.
    🤐 my fast is going well, current around 29hrs in and planning to break it mid afternoon tomorrow, at approx 48hrs.
    🎄 almost finished decorating a tree ornament I’m making for a friend. Really happy with how it’s turning out, 🤞🏻she’ll be pleased with it too.
    🙂 feels like it has been a productive day, even if I can’t think of anything significant achieved! Regardless, I’m feeling buoyant despite the dismal weather!
    Come on folks, what positives can you find?

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Reported denemebonusuverensiteler

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Sunny well you got your responses but maybe just not the kind you wanted or expected!

So we move on…..

Sunny delighted to hear you are now a ‘ glass half full’ person. I think I am a still a ‘glass half empty’ person, well at least that’s what my kids say!

So I’ve decided, no matter how trivial, I’ll find at least one and hopefully more positives each day from now on. Hopefully my glass will also become ‘half full’ or even , who knows overflowing!

So I need to start…..

1. Had a wonderful peacefully quiet day.
    2. Booked a wonderful restaurant in Singapore for our upcoming trip. As this will probably be our last trip to Asia.
    3. Daughter and family have decided to join us for Christmas lunch! Wonderful!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Glad you are going to be actively looking for positives, V. Even the little ones count and actually, I think identifying those, makes one just a little more grateful. I’m intrigued to know, Verano, which Singaporean restaurant have you booked for your visit? I’m itching to go back, but will have to bide my time.

Anyway, let’s see what positives I can rustle up fir today …
    🌥 much brighter weather today and it managed not to rain …. a bonus after 24hrs of the wet stuff the day before
    🥳 spent a couple of hours designing and ordering a huge personalised card for GS’s 21st later this month, which includes photos from birth to date.
    🙂 ordered some Christmas napkins and a wooden cake stand, but I plan to use the stand for charcuterie, rather than cake.
    That will do for today, hope you’ll all offer up a positive or two soon.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi to the positive two – Verano and SunnyB. I am doing my thanks for the little things that make me happy like that cup of coffee after lunch and getting into a quiz. But on an ad hoc basis I have some positives.

1. We had a credit note from the local DIY store and it had to be used by 28th so we went and bought some scented candles, essential oils for the little diffusers and 2 boxes of winter flowering pansies.
    2. Next, I managed to get outside and planted out all the pansies for a bit of winter brightness.
    3. Repaired the hem on my jumpsuit that I will be wearing on Christmas Day. It is black with a sparkling top half. It is quite old but no-one has seen me wear it as it is usually saved for cruises. Will just need someone to come to the toilet with me 🙂

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello!

Good to ‘see’ you here s-g and glad you have lots of positives. Sounds like a really positive day.

Sunny we tried Jim Thompson’s but it seems to be ‘permanently closed’. So we didn’t know where would go. We are only going to be there two nights and we don’t arrive until early evening on the first night, so only one night to eat out really. We had friends here for lunch on Sunday, a positive I missed!, and we were chatting about Singapore. Raffles came up. Despite having been in Singapore numerous times we have never visited there. As I said this will probably be our last trip. The ‘long haul’ really is becoming a ‘long haul’! So Tiffin Room at Raffles is booked!! SOOO excited!

What a wonderful idea for a card Sunny. Our son reaches a milestone in May so I might just do something similar. Also, cake stand for charcuterie gave me an idea too. I have two three tier cake stands which I haven’t used in years … don’t eat cake! So I’m thinking of using the bottom layer for cheeses and the other layers for fruits! Might work not sure til, I try it.

So to my positives ….
    🥦🧅🍵 great broccoli soup made for lunch. My little soup maker is worth its weight in gold especially when it comes to using vegetables that are a little passed their best…. broccoli gone a bit soft but made great soup.

🧺🧺🧺 Been home over 2 weeks but finding it difficult to catch up with my laundry. Today I did two loads of washing so finally getting there.

✈️🛳️🏝️ a few trips booked for next year so have been busy organising flights, transfers, hotels etc. Strangely enough we went on a cruise in September with the flights and transport included which is very unusual for us. I felt as though I’d missed something vital because it was all organised for me. Much more comfortable booking it all myself at least I know exactly what should be happening!

The week is almost over and another weekend almost upon us …. enjoy the rest of the week.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

SG, pansies make a lovely splash of colour in the dreary grey. I put some in a couple of weeks ago and they really cheer things up.
    V, how exciting to be planning trips plural, for next year! I know what you mean about making all the arrangements yourself. Our Sri Lankan trip was a package deal and I felt I didn’t have a good handle on the arrangements.
    We have stayed at Raffles a few times and eaten in a couple of the restaurants. I’m sure you will have an enjoyable dining experience in the Tiffin Room, we have always enjoyed our dining experiences at the hotel.
    Think your idea for pressing your cake stand into service should work beautifully, you could make a very pretty display with cheeses, celery, fruits, nuts and even a few keto crackers.

Sooo, for my positives today ….
    🙂 started organising the things we need to take with us at the weekend, boxes of gifts, along with some foodie stuff for a family buffet lunch at Mum and Dad’s on Sunday.
    🎄 we got Christmas out of the loft this evening, ready for me to get the decs put up tomorrow. Quite looking forward to making the house Christmasy.
    🍷designed and printed an invite for neighbours to join us for mulled wine and nibbles a week on Sunday, just need to deliver them
    😀 enjoyed exchanging catch up messages with a few friends today. Not the same as a chat of course, but easier to manage when things are busy.

Only takes a little thought to find a positive or two … give it a go and let us know what you can up with.

on

Just to join in the Singapore chat. We stayed in the Holiday Inn Atrium in Singapore and thought it was going to be a basic style hotel. Turned out to be absolutely magnificent. The point is, we ate in their restaurant on the top floor and had a wonderful meal. It was about 6 years ago but I can still remember the tea smoked duck. Just a suggestion failing all else.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for the reminder about tea smoking, SG. Will put that on my list of cooking methods to revisit soon.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon!

Before I talk about my disaster of a day just a word about my favourite topic …. trips!!
    We’ve stayed in quite a few different hotels in Singapore our very first was the Pan Pacific in 1993. Now our favourite is the Shangri-La with its magnificent lobby. We stay in garden room with pool view which feels like an ‘oasis’ in the middle of a metropolis!

We are feeling very much that are travelling days are numbered so we’re ‘making hay while the sunshine’s’. We have three trips organised for the first five months of the year. All involve cruising and flying and hotels so lots to organise! I find when I book everything myself we rarely have a problem. When I leave it to all to a travel agent we always end up with the wrong sort of transport etc. Or maybe I’m just a control freak?

Anyway, back to today. The only positive I have is the pest control man turned up even if it was 2 hours late.
    Today should have been hair cut and colour all timed precisely for our trip at the end of January. Enter one little mouse! We actually saw it two weeks ago but then last evening it appeared again. So today, had to cancel my mobile hairdresser. Goodness knows when I can get another appointment. Anyway, everything under control, fingers crossed, so just have to carry on.

I think that’s my only positive for today. Hope everyone one has more positives to celebrate than I have.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry to hear about the mouse problem scuppering your hair appointment, V. Shame the little beastie messed things up, but hopefully you can get a new appointment soon.

Positives from my day ….
    🎄 the house has been dressed for the festive season and now looks all twinkly and cosy … only took about 4hrs!😂
    🥘 made a third batch of cranberry and apple sauce. Have given nearly all jars from the previous batches away, so planning to keep a couple for our use this time.
    🌧☔ it has been pouring with rain here all day, making me very grateful to have somewhere warm and dry to reside.
    That’s it for me today. Get posting folks!

on

V, we have something living in our walls behind a radiator, particularly at this time of year. I can guess it is mice or even rats but been told there is not much we can do. I have asked hubby to put a trap up in the roof space but he never gets around to it. One day the electricity will go off and we will have to knock the wall down :):)

BTW we have 3 cats.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.

S-g I sympathise with you. We used to have cats and OH did suggest we get another one or two but that seems to me like taking a sledge hammer to crack a nut. We will just wait and see what the pest control people say when they come back in a couple of weeks.

Just one positive today and a huge one …. hairdresser has managed to squeeze me in on Tuesday. So grateful! Looked like I was going to need another can of Hair Magic colour!

Have a good weekend.

on

Verano, let me know what the pest controller says. I am going to buy poison but I hate to do it. Not one of my positives!

Finally got hubby to decorate the guest room. We bought the paper and paint at Easter. He papered one wall in time for sitters arriving in September and now has finally ‘nearly’ finished painting 2 or the 3 walls. Will finish the job tomorrow before new sitters arrive next week.
    Nice and cosy in the house with rain pouring down outside. We are so lucky we don’t have to go out in it.
    Got a silver star from Duolingo for making excellent progress on my lessons. Although they are a bit easy for me they do keep me practising.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

V, glad you got a hairdressing appointment sorted out. Hope the pest control gets sorted soon as well.
    SG, well done with the silver star on Duo …. puts me to shame. I had been doing Turkish on Duo and making good progress, but let it slide, so struggling with getting back in the groove.

My current positives are….
    🙂 fun if full-on hectic weekend, catching up with various family members and delivering Christmas pressies
    🎉 lovely pre-festive season lunch with friends en-route home today
    🙂 GS managed to leave a bag in the airport hotel, so arrived at his destination without cash or card … Good news is his Mum’s with him and able to sub him funds and the hotel found the bag and contents and will keep them for him until their return next weekend.
    Well, that will do for me at present, but I’ll post more positives tomorrow.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello!

S-g the overt control guy came last Thursday and laid traps etc. and will be coming back just before Christmas. Sorry but it’s something I’m leaving to OH! I’ve you gave a specific question let me know and we can ask.

Duo…. sad to say I’m a relapsed Spanish learner. I will get back to it … my first resolution fit 2024 … did I really say 2024!

Anyway I do have positives …

✂️👩🏻✂️. Hair cut and coloured so now feeling 5 years younger!

🥂🍗🥦 Christmas lunch started as 2 then became 6 and since yesterday we are now 9! Really looking forward to it although it’s lots of work. Think I’m going to strip it back to just a really nice roast turkey dinner without going OTT… we’ll see!

Well that’s me for today. Hope you have some positives.i

• posted by Verano
    on

!!!!!! pest not overt!!!!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Feels good when you’ve had your hair done, doesn’t it, V? Hoping to get mine spruced up before the festive season, but OH is just going to colour it for me .

We still don’t know who, if anyone, will be with us for Christmas Dinner, but I’ve already bought a duck as a standby, in case it ends up being just OH and myself.

Positives for today ….
    ❄ it seems the freezer door wasn’t fully shut, so had iced up badly over the weekend. Good news is, nothing had defrosted. So, I was able empty the freezer and defrost it this morning, before getting it running and refilled again. Not a job I enjoy, but not a bad one to get done before the festival season I guess, as it was an opportunity to ditch out of date items and make some space.
    😔🙂 the Aga turned itself off overnight, so was cold this morning. Good news this time, is it relite perfectly first time and is starting to come back up to temperature.
    🧺 two batches of laundry done today, hopefully will be able to get it all up to date by the end of the week.

Wonder what little positives or pluses have brightened your day? Please take a moment to tell us about them.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Good evening, such fun reading the positive threads!!

I hope that pesky mouse has gone V, cannot abide them…
    Those sauces sound delicious SB! I make Delia’ cranberry sauce with orange, it is the 2nd recipe of each year I do for the table. I also do her bread Sauce , delicious! Do you use any particular recipes?

*Despite losing the plot and not even watching my diet I have remained same weight and so , for me, am chuffed!
    *Have just ordered a gluten free bread, and buns online which will help me enormously
    *Am in the mood to make gifts of Delia’s Cranberry sauce, and I have some lovely saved jars to do so..

• posted by SunnyB
    on

SMP, good to have you posting positives. My approach to making cranberry sauce is quite cavalier, no recipe involved. I just add in plenty of spices, sometimes orange if I have it, either port, madiera or sherry, afain depending on what I have to hand. This year apple has been added, as someone has been supplying me with lots in bramleys. Have been gifting jars of cranberry and apple sauce as I’ve made heaps. I like making bread sauce too (only SIL and I eat it, but it’s a must) again, no recipe used, but I like plenty of mace and nutmeg in mine. Will be making mine soon and freezing it, along with sausage stuffing.

Okay, let’s see what positives I can come up with for today …..
    🎁 another round of gift wrapping done …. one step closer to completion 🙂.
    🍽🍷 menu for Friday date night decided and shopping list written up ready for tomorrow
    👍🏻 OH fitted new brakes to one if the cars today. He saves us so much by undertaking these tasks himself.

That’s me for today. Hope you have had some positives today too.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Sunny had a similar issue with our freezer but ours was just neglect! I tried to close one of the drawers on Saturday and it wouldn’t close because it was so badly iced up. Defrosted on Sunday and now working beautifully, much colder and much more space now that ice has gone! So that’s my first positive!

Lovely visit from niece today.

Friends here for dinner tomorrow so final lists done just a couple of items to buy. Best bit I’m cooking so can make it as carb friendly as I want!

Hope everyone is finding positives today.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Time for some positives I think …..
    🌤 was a lovely bright day today and quite mild too, which meant I was able to do a little bit in garden. Excited to find my winter flowering clematis has started to bloom.
    🛒 weekly grocery shop and more laundry done.
    📮🎁 send the only Christmas parcels I needed to post.
    Has been a good day … hope it was for you too.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Good day then Sunny!
    V enjoy preparing for your guests and all the fun with them..

*daughter discharged from hospital tonight so earlier than we thought! Thanks God
    *Finally finished Christmas decs, we have been doing it day by day and not lots but its taken few days
    *made my grandson (12) laugh who said you’re so funny nana, love shopping with you

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    1960 pleased to hear your daughter has been discharged sooner than expected.
    Sunny I admire your ability to plan, plan and plan. I always seem to be a bit of a last minute person except when it comes to organising trips!!

A few positives …..

🧄🌶️🥢Friends here for dinner last night and all went well. Had a lovely evening and I was even organised!

🦶🩸🧴 Lovely pedicure today so feet are looking ‘festive’!

🧺🍷👚 Not red wine but beetroot! Spilt on a white top! Out came the Vanish and hey presto, and much to my amazement, it’s worked … white top is white again!

Just to finish off I’m following Ben Bickman’s Insulin IQ course, free until the end of January. It might seem like an odd time of the year to be doing this but actually it’s reminding me how I came to be here and have stayed for more than 7 years!
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Very good nwws about your daughter, smp …. hope she continues to recover well.
    V, think we must have have started on our BSD journey around the same time … I began in February 2016. The occasional reminder of why we are still treasing this path is very useful. Glad Vanish saved your white top … it’s useful stuff isn’t it?

My positives right now are ….
    🙂🍽🍷 lovely date night dinner last evening, all the courses worked well …. and the company was very good too 😂
    👍🏻🎁 dangerously close to completing gift wrapping … just a few items left to do. Still a couple of gifts left to buy, but waiting on DD letting me know what she and SIL would like.
    🛵 🚘 OH has had a good day repairing vehicles and getting GS’s scooter working.

Has been a good day, even though nothing of any great note happened. Hope you have had a good day, with some positives making themselves known.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

🙂 a relaxing day, with no stresses or pressures
    🙂 enjoyed some neighbourly time this afternoon
    Two will do for me today, has been a good day and that’s positive enough.

• posted by Verano
    on

Sunny sounds really good!
    I have had another birthday today ….. good cos I’m still here… bad just another year older!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Belated happy birthday, V …. hope it was a good one and the coming year will bring only good things your way.

Let’s see what positives I can find for today ….
    💻🖨 got next month’s village newsletter compiled today, just need to carefully proof read and send it for printing.
    🤐🤐 24hrs into a fast and feeling fine 🙂
    🙂🦶 looking forward to a pampering session at the salon tomorrow, including some waxing and pedicure

What we’re your positives for today? Do tell!

• posted by Verano
    on

Thanks Sunny.
    Feeling a little in limbo at the moment. We are 8 or 9 for lunch on Monday so too early to do some things.
    Majority of shopping done so that’s the first positive😀
    Cooking as little as possible this year to make life easy, especially as until three weeks ago we were just two having cheese on toast! Joking, but feels like a it’s all a bit last minute. But, I am organised …. List, list and list again! Last fresh stuff tomorrow as we have a really good fridge.
    Trying my very best to keep things lowish key. I tend to ‘overdo’ especially as we don’t do carbs and feel we can’t impose our ‘regime’ on others. Problem is we really never eat until ‘bursting’ which I guess is what ‘Christmas’ means for many! Nobody will go without their favourites but I don’t want to be left with lots of supposed ‘irresistible goodies’ afterwards!
    So just want to sign-off until next week.
    Wishing everybody a Happy Christmas and for those who don’t celebrate enjoy the long weekend.
    Will be back next week looking towards the New Year … 2024!
    Who would have thought!
    Enjoy!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Our Christmas day plans have gone the other way, V. OH and I will have the day to ourselves, but it looks like Boxing Day might be very hectic. Actually quite looking forward to having the main event to ourselves for a change! Enjoy your festive season, V.

Has been another positive day ….
    🦶🙂 enjoyed my pedicure today, nails are now a pretty red wine colour
    👩‍🦰 OH re-did the base colour of my hair this afternoon and I cut his. He’ll be doing the purple lowlights in mine on Thursday.
    🎁👍🏻 last of my Christmas gift wrapping done today …. yippee!!!

Although I shall probably be posting at intervals between now and the start of 2024, think I will take thus opportunity to wishes everyone a peaceful festive season and a healthy and prosperous 2024. Enjoy!!!

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Thanks to you both for reminding us to find positives and list them!
    May your plans over the next few days be positive and without hindrances!!
    If all well, physically, I expect to be serving at least 8 of us but am planned and food sorted.

*today I managed to get my broken front tooth crown temporarily repaired by my dentist ( I thought it would not be until after new year)
    *sorted out food lists and order
    *last of the gifts bought

I can now spend next couple days pre cooking some veg, making more cranberry sauce and enjoying this time. I do love Christmas…

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Very important to find something positive in every day, smp. Glad you got your dental work sorted out early. It’s,a relief to get the last of the gifts bought isn’t it? Did the last of mine raised morning.

My positives are ….
    🙂🥳 a surprise visit from on old neighbour, which resulted in a cuppa and a good chat … Nice way to break up the day.
    🎊🎉 arrangements have now been made for celebrating GS’s 21st on Friday, looking forward to some special family time.
    🧶🧶 knitted an additional band to attach to OH’s hat, to make it warmer over his ears. Just need to sew it in place.

Keep a look out for those positives everyone!!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Time to post some positives, after a very pleasant day …
    🍽🍷🙂 lovely lunch with family, to celebrate GS’s 21st birthday.
    🌥😃 was a surprisingly mild day, so had a very pleasant walk around town after lunch.
    🛒 very last of the Christmas food shopping done this evening …. feels good to have the task ticked off the list.

Not sure when I’ll be back here, to all those who check in with thus thread, all best wishes for a wonderful festive season. Enjoy every minute and grab hold of all those positives!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hope you have all had a joyous and peaceful Christmas, full to the brim with positives …. my personal highlights were ….
    🥂🍾 a convivial and relaxed Christmas day with OH, no pressure or stress, just the two of us enjoying good food, some champagne and a few laughs
    🍽💖 family day yesterday, with DD’s family visiting and a couple of extra grandchildren dropping by
    🎁🎊 have managed to snag a few bargains today, to put by ready for next Christmas …. cards, wrapping and lights
    Enjoy this limbo period running up to New Year as far as you’re able and if time permits, please post a positive or two.

• posted by Verano
    on

Sunny sounds like a good Christmas.
    We had a busy, but very enjoyable, Christmas Day and have been winding down since then so thought it was time to post some positives…..

📚🏖️📖 Have just ordered some holiday reading. I’ve more or less given up on my kindle now. I really like the ‘feel’ of turning pages in a ‘real’ book! Apart from anything else it’s always a good talking point when somebody stops and says “… oh I’ve read that …”

🐓🐓🐓 Just disposed of the last of the turkey. The positive is that it’s the last turkey I’m ever cooking!
    I’ve tried every cooking method known to man and every type of turkey from supermarket special, brined, bronze, to Norfolk black you name it I’ve tried it and my conclusion, after more than 50 years of trying, is that either I can’t cook turkey or I can cook it but I just don’t like it. Give me a chicken any day!

📘✒️✍️ Have set out my goals in my new journal. So already to make a new start, renewed , refreshed, and ready to go!

Hope Christmas was everything you wished for and that the New Year will be Happy and above all Healthy! Enjoy!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Oh goodness, V, I’m the opposite…. just love a roast turkey! And afraid I’m wed to my kindle, I can get through at least half a dozen books on a couple of weeks, which is a lot to factor in for travel, so kindle is much easier.

Anyway, thought I should post some positives, having been absent for a few days ….
    🥂🍾 we had a lovely Christmas, nice and easy and remarkably stress free.
    🙂 hit a couple of sales and stocked up on cards and wrapping for next Christmas.
    💖🙂 have appreciated having some real time with OH, as he’s not working until next week.

Looking forward to the start of the new year. Hoping it will be a good one for us all. May all your wishes come true in 2024.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Just calling by to wish everyone a very happy 2024! Wishing you all very good health and lots of fun and happy times in the months ahead! If its anything like 2023,the weeks will fly by,so squeeze every bit of joy from each new day XXX🥳💕

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Happy New Year to you all…
    Lovely to read of your Christmases, mine was done and dusted without too much fuss but have def accepted that my house cannot comfortably seat more than 4 /5 for a lovely pleasant time without others being on top of one another so next Christmas looks to be very different…

*Thankful that my 4 children and partner, grandchild made it for Christmas day..
    *Blessed with thoughtful gifts!
    *Love my new Instant Vortex Oven – what a fab machine (air fryer)

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello!
    Last post of the year!

Sunny tell me how do you cook turkey? I’ve tried it every which way, on its breast, open roasted, tight foil, loose foil!!!! It never turns out moist like my chickens do!
    I was ‘wed’ to my kindle and yes much easier for travelling and I do read extensively when away so take at least 6 books for two weeks! Yes I need to leave stuff behind to get space for the books but I just love turning over the pages. I do still use a kindle when I fly!
    So impressed with your ‘very early’ Christmas shopping!!

1960, btw, I feel there must be a better way to address you??? Glad your Christmas wasn’t too fussy (do I read stress for fuss?)

So to my last positives for 2023 …..

📚🏖️📖 holiday reading arrived today now just have to think about the clothes!

🥂🥩🥦 Last night had our ‘should have been’ NYE meal of pepper steak which was really lovely. Tonight our NYE meal will be home made chicken tikka and Chana Masala with some green vegetables and maybe even some mashed cauliflower! Oh yes and some fizz!

Hope everyone has a good NYE.

Happy New Year Yowzer, good to hear from you. Yes let’s hope 2024 is full of only good health, happy times and lots of fun thrown in for good luck!

🥂🥂🍾🥂🥂 🎉🎉🎉 HAPPY NEW YEAR. 🥂🥂🍾🥂🥂🎉🎉🎉

• posted by 1960smp
    on

V, i hear ya! Call me ‘ P ‘……

Have a wonderful relaxing time away..,

I am aim to plan for next year, next week x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Felt I should pop in with a few positives one last time for 2023. But firstly for V, I usually cook my turkey as follows … initially loosely foiled, then remove the foil later to crisp the skin and for the last hour, it finishes off in the warming oven of the Aga.

Today has been very leisurely, so finding any notable positives other than that, might not be easy, but here goes….
    👍🏻🙂 food prep done for this evening, just need to cook / present each course this evening.
    😀🥳 GS has asked me if I can be available to take him to sit his driving theory test at the end of Jan. This is a positive, as it means he’s taking up him driving lessons again.

You know, think that will be enough for now. I’m off to open the bubbly and I’ll be toasting to us all having a truly wonderful 2024. ✨ 🥂🍾🎊🎉🥳💖

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Here we are folks … a brand new year, with vast possibilities and many many positives to be appreciated. Here are my first for 2024 …
    😊🛬 now the new year has begun, I can begin to turn attention to packing lists etc.
    in preparation for our first trip, happening next month
    😊🌥 was actually sunny for awhile today
    😊📕 familiarised myself with my food journal this morning, so I’m ready to start tracking and recording from tomorrow.
    First day of the year has been a good one and I’ve been reflecting on how lucky I am … I have a warm, safe home, no material needs unmet and plenty of good relationships. From time to time, it’s worth taking a moment to appreciate all we have, rather than pondering on what we might feel is missing.

• posted by Verano
    on

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Where are you off to next month Sunny?

I started packing lists today and orders for vitamins, contact lenses etc. Just a few bits odds and ends to organise then we’re done for the end of the month!

My first positives for 2024…..
    Just one today …. started my new ‘weight’ diary after 4 years of the same journal. Bit scary.
    I’m not really making any ‘resolutions’ as such , rather I just want to try and live the best life I can each day. Obviously that won’t happen everyday but I’m going to do my very best to put a positive ‘slant’ on each day.

P.S. Sunny I’ve tried that method! I think I just don’t like turkey!

Please log in or register to post a reply.