Porridge for breakfast?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by BeeBee
    on

Hi, I’m just starting the program today and I normally have 40grams of wholegrain rolled oats with no fat milk and berries for breakfast and was wondering if it’s ok to continue with that? I’m a t2 diabetic for the past 20 years and I’m on oral medication.
    Thanks.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I’m sorry to say that you should cut out the porridge, it is quite high in carbs. You might want to look for something else to eat for breakfast like 2 eggs scrambled, grilled mushrooms with a poached egg on top or half a sliced avocade with an egg on top (one of my favourites), plain full fat Greek yoghurt with the berries. If you really have to have porridge the recipes in the book only allow 25 grams and even that amount can give you 20 grams of carbs which is nearly half of your daily allowance if you are sticking to 50g,

Sorry if it sounds harsh but the point of this diet is it is low carb and although oats are a slow burning carb they are still quite high.

• posted by BeeBee
    on

Thank you very much for the information. I’ll swap the porridge for the eggs and see how it goes.

Please log in or register to post a reply.