Podcasts?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Amarela
    on

Looking for podcasts relating to fast800, fasting, low carb way of life etc, any recommendations?
    I’m in desperate need of some inspiration this week and would love to have something good to listen to for my walks.

Thanks in advance!

• posted by Nicola12
    on

I will have a proper look later for the ones I’ve listened to, but I’ve found that anything with Michael Mosley (obviously!), Jason Fung or Gary Taubes to be really good, so try searching for those 🙂

• posted by Amarela
    on

Thanks Nicola! I brought Jason Fung along fo myr 10 000 steps today and have a few more podcasts earmarked for later 👍🏻

• posted by Nicola12
    on

I also love the Keto Diet Podcast with Leanne Vogel. Her WOE isn’t calorie counted, but the low carb principles are the same, and I find her guests are really interesting. Episodes 4, 5 and 7 were particularly good.

• posted by Amarela
    on

Brilliant Nicola, thanks again!

Listened to episodes 4 and 5 yesterday while out walking, just what I needed as I’m struggling with a weight loss plateau at the moment…

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi both. Where do I go to find these podcasts? I’m not too familiar with these things…! 🙂 Thanks!

• posted by Nicola12
    on

Hi Kazz! If you’ve got an iPhone (or iPad I think?) then you’ll already have an app called ‘podcasts’ and you can search through them through there. If you’re on android then I think (?) you have to download a podcast app to listen to them on. If you use a computer then you can go to the individual websites, so here https://www.healthfulpursuit.com/podcast/e40/ is one I’ve been listening to today about binge eating. Hope that helps!

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Robert Lustig lecture at the San Francisco Library is excellent as is Aseem Mohatra and others at the European Parliament. Wheat Belly The 10 Day Detox by Dr William Davis is slightly on a different tangent to the BSD but hugely interesting for the science – just the book l think
    If you’ve got a smart tv you can watch them there through the YouTube app. I prefer watching so l can see all the slides.

• posted by marie123
    on

MaggieBath – thanks for those recommendations. I’ve just spent the morning watching the Robert Lustig lecture and the Aseem Mohatra lecture. The second in particular was very interesting – having worked in the NHS it rang a lot of bells, and the whole issue of taking more time to cook real food (right at the end) is something I’m realising I personally need to do.

Amarela – if you have looked at Jason Fung you may already have found these but just in case, here are his podcasts linked to his Obesity Code book. (Just have to ignore the really grating intro music)
    http://obesitycodepodcast.com/

Marie
    xx

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

I’m really pleased you enjoyed them. I think what really comes across is frustration that this is all well known but everyone on the gravy train thinks it’s their own dirty little secret and won’t say no to the freebies that come their way. Just think where the health of the nation would be if dietary advice was changed. There must be so much money changing hands.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Nicola, I do indeed have an iPad! So that’s what that symbol was! Thank you all for opening up a whole new world!
    The garden will have to wait, I have some catching up to do!
    Xx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Btw, I’ve seen those two lectures via YouTube. Maggie and Marie, I echo everything you have both said. I think I posted something similar on the Take a Look thread… had a bit of a rant in fact! Makes me so sad and frustrated but grateful to have stumbled upon the truth! 😁

Please log in or register to post a reply.