Phoenixes, Rise from the Ashes with Your Hottest Looks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Those are luscious, Allie. I like all of the silver beaded leather ones. I’m also strangely drawn to the chunky silver cuff wrapped in leather straps. It looks like some ancient amulet that will protect you from the forces of darkness. Or possibly unleash them on you. Either way, I’m up for it. πŸ˜€

• posted by alliecat
    on

Essie, we both must have been posting at the same time. I feel utterly sick that you
    didn’t receive or read my messages and made the treacherous trip north in the storm.
    I’m so very sorry, I hope you can forgive me. I would never leave anyone in the
    lurch like that! My list of personal shortcomings is infinite, but disrespecting my friends
    isn’t one of them. I’ll call soon so that we can try to reschedule. Please apologize to
    B. for us too, what must he think of us??? Senile? Demented? Rude? We feel just
    horrible about it. Oh, dear…………

Allie

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Oh no, no, no. It’s nothing even remotely like that, Allie. We had previous plans to spend the day with my folks and decided early this morning to go through with it despite the snow because it still looked entirely manageable at that point. Things only got scary later, and by then we figured in for a penny, in for a pound. Might as well get some grilled octopus out of it. No disrespect felt at all. It was clear even without receiving your message that the weather was the problem. OH said as I expressed dismay that we were going to be so rudely late, “I doubt they’ll be able to make it in this weather.” We have a lovely dinner (until the cheese incident) and got home safely. No harm done whatsoever. We’ll make up for our missed connection by having double the fun. πŸ™‚

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’m greatly relieved, Essie! Talk to you soon..

• posted by alliecat
    on

I needed to look up this site for you, Essie. It’s the actual one where I ordered my
    Spanish leather and bead bracelets from, at greatly reduced prices. One advantage
    is that you send your wrist measurement to Madrid. The site is Etsy.com and the
    name of the “shop” is “OtroAccesorio”. I’m going to post a link also, but you know
    my level of proficiency with the computer! Fast delivery, reasonable shipping costs,
    and over 100 styles. Sharing this is the least I can do after my saturday night blunder!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/OtroAccesorio?ref=listing-shop2-all-items-count&section_
    id=16810849

• posted by Esnecca
    on

What a fantastic shop! I’ve gotten things from Etsy before. There are some very talented artists on there and I love that they can make a successful business selling the fruits of their creative labors. Otro is officially bookmarked and faved. Thank you!

Remember how were talking in the maintenance thread about buying clothes that were almost certainly too young for us? Well, I’m finding myself uncontrollably drawn to this cuteness: https://www.modcloth.com/shop/hidden/banned-mod-than-meets-the-eye-bootie/100000265165.html . Does it look too girlish for a 45-year-old woman going reliving her 20s in a whole different body? It’s clearly Mod-inspired, after all, so if anybody has the right to wear those darling boots, it’s we vintage ladies. πŸ˜€

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Esnecca the boots are gorgeous! And no at 45 you are not too old to wear them! I’m 52 and I would!
    I used to work with a lady who was well into her 60s and she wore the most funky shoes πŸ‘  stilettos in all sorts of colours and patterns – ones with decorated skulls on them for example, or intricate spider web designs (complete with spiders!) and she always colour coordinated them with her clothes. Unfortunately I’m stuck with wearing fairly boring orthopaedic flat shoes (because of 1) Arthritis and 2) big feet – so much harder to find decent shoes!)
    But back to your boots – they’d look great πŸ‘

• posted by alliecat
    on

Just tell me one thing, Esnecca..How did you get this pair from website to your feet
    in 2 days!?. I like the pants too, if they’re velvet! I thought you’d been a little quiet in
    the past 24 hrs….Now I know what you’ve been doing πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Brava, go for it all! I
    actually remember the block heel and mod style, though at the time it was called
    the Carnaby St -London look. Think it was ’67 or ’68. I had a pair in black crocodile!
    I think you had better get that boot tree we discussed ASAP. Would you call this
    a boot fetish? πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I was amazed at the speed of delivery too, Allie. I didn’t pay for expedited or anything! I just picked the default free shipping and they got here today. I imagine this time of year they have the process down to a science.

Black crocodile, oh wow, those must have been gorgeous. I don’t suppose there’s a chance you kept any of those great pieces, is there? Maybe in a secret “someday these might fit again” box in the attic? I dove into my mom’s fabulous 60s-80s stuff recently and scored an amazing couture silk Pucci shirt and maxi skirt, a bolero jacket with black sequins and fur trim cuffs, a pile of Hermes scarves and a Sorelle Fontana black velvet floor-length cape lined in quilted red silk. We had such a great time going through everything and while there were plenty of things that didnt fit because my mother was a little taller than I so hem length was a constant issue, it really was a joy reviving these classics. Quality and verve are never out of fashion.

I would most certainly call it a boot fetish, and you’re right, the boot tree has become an urgent need more than a fancy at this point. πŸ˜€

P.S. – The pants are actually silk and to tell the truth, they’re my long johns. Working on adding layers so I can survive these cold temps. πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hey – Allie. Carnaby St??? I was there. Lived the dream. You name it, I did it πŸ˜€
    Now, 40, maybe 50 years on, am living it again πŸ˜ƒ though I missed you, Essie, over the past couple of days.

Back home now, so hoping to get a couple of selfies over the next few days (crises permitting), though none as exciting or outlandish as Essie’s (loving the boots). Love to you all xxxxx

PS Ahem…..Essie, I’m your mum’s generation and also have some great sequin stuff – maybe I’ll master the art of the selfie and post a piccie or two this weekend. Could do with some light relief πŸ˜‰

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Theo! I’m so glad to see your words and know you’re home and can relax a little after the rough times you’ve been through with your family. Did your Carnaby St. dream involve any block heel croc boots? Because I didn’t even know that was a dream of mine until Allie brought them up but it is now. πŸ˜†

• posted by Theodora
    on

Don’t remember any Croc boots (but that could be dementia setting inπŸ˜‰), but plenty of block heels.

Of course, I was a child bride, so cut off in my fashionable primeπŸ˜‰ But will definitely try to get some selfies this weekend – home alone whilst o/h abroad, so may distract me from the family worries xxxx

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I insist that you post the sequined selfies this weekend. Insist! I’m dying to get a glimpse of the famous vintage wardrobe that has so enchanted your granddaughter and her friends. This thread isn’t just for the new stuff we got after we lost weight. It’s also for the old stuff we kept for all those years when we had no chance in hell of fitting into them and now can rock them harder than when we were kids.

• posted by alliecat
    on

No pre-senile dementia, Theo. Just my lack of clarity in describing block heel black
    croc SHOES. The “shoe” portion of Essie’s boots is what I was remembering…. Con-
    sidering we are close in age, I’m sure you were wearing the mini skirts and swingy
    little A-line dresses, and the optical illusion black and white geometric prints, too!
    I even remember using fake eyelashes and drawing exaggerated lower lashes on,
    Twiggy style. Lots of kohl pencil used. We invented the “smokey cat eyes” !
    I hope the boys were happy to see you now that you’re home for a bit. I’m sure
    you’re emotionally exhausted, so hope that you can get some physical rest at
    least. We missed you, but of course understand.

Hugs,

Allie

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hello you magnificent phoenixes! Just popping in to say how much I’ve enjoyed this recent exchange! I too love your recent boots, Esnecca. I am developing a foot fetish and, wait for it ….. handbags/purses! I am making a list of footwear that I would like to buy once at target. I shall not buy anything before then. I would also like an array of handbags, with dust covers (so we’re not talking cheap here!), that match said footwear! Question: what style of handbag would go best with cowboy boots? I’m thinking a tote style?

Allie – excuse me ladies if I may take Allie to one side… just to say my friend, I’ve not received a reply to my last email from early this week… that is absolutely fine, but I just wanted to mention it in case you were having email problems and had replied, and was wondering why I’d not responded! If that makes sense? πŸ™‚

Toodle pip for now!

Kazeee xxxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Perfect sense, Kazz! I was having a problem with I think it was called “browser slowing
    down” yesterday, and it took me ages to get out of the program. I think the solution is
    to not “reply” with another of my long winded continuations, but “compose” a new
    email instead??? If you don’t receive it, I’ll call in “the bearded one” to analyze what
    I’ve done wrong. And you know how much he enjoys that! The blundering continues…
    Lots more later, I hope πŸ™‚

Allie

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hi guys

Have been trying to perfect my mirror selfies, not very successfully I’m afraid. But for what they are worth here a few of my 80s clothes that now fit me (some even a tad on the big side)

For Essie, the sequins

https://s7.postimg.org/vxcacerbf/20171215_114951-1.jpg

The jump suit underneath is too big, so I have had to cinch it In at the waist which, sadly makes my hips look a lot bigger than they are – all that extra fabris….

https://s7.postimg.org/tg0j5bf6j/20171215_115202-1.jpg

• posted by Theodora
    on

And an old favourite rediscovered jacket, from the late 70s / early 80s….

https://s7.postimg.org/k88aoqq5n/20171215_121132-1.jpg

worn 2 ways……first with the vintage jump suit

https://s7.postimg.org/oimyjv5e3/20171215_120357-1.jpg

and secondly with a midi skirt and long suede boots (excuse hairy mutt lurking behind me – he always likes to get in on the act!)

https://s7.postimg.org/99x166jgb/20171215_121801-1.jpg

I actually think I could wear all these outfits again and get away with them not looked passe – what do you think?

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh Theo, you look long and lean and gorgeous!!! And what a beautiful small waist!
    I think the jumpsuit is probably now too big in the hips and thighs, but I don’t think
    it makes you look “too” hippy. I’m feeling really deprived that I don’t have a smart
    phone so I can play this game! A little christmas gift for myself is now entering
    my conscious thoughts. I’ve got a batwing sequin relic from the 80’s too, that
    I’d like to parade before you. And a few politically incorrect fur coats…I may really
    go bold and include my head! πŸ™‚

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I think yes hell yes you could get away with them! They’re fabulous! Even with extra volume on the hip the jumpsuit still makes your legs look crazy long. You’re so tiny now that you can easily afford a little poofiness without it making you look like you’re filling in a larger space than you do. Paired with the gold sequined jacket the look can only be described as slamming. I love that jacket more than is decent. I’m amazed your granddaughter hasn’t already made off with it never to return. πŸ˜€

Awesome, awesome selfies, Theo. Thank you for starting off my day with a turbo boost of 80s shine.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Allie, you have unleashed a power you can’t possibly control with that link to the boots. I’m going to have to toss my credit cards on a bonfire to keep from buying that shop out. What an incredible variety of beautifully crafted pieces.

Kazz, I didn’t buy anything until I was at goal too, except for two of three make-do items so I could be ambulatory without my pants falling to my ankles. You’re going to have such a blast celebrating your achievement with a fashion explosion. With cowboy boots, I’m partial to a satchel bag. They have a bit of a saddle inspiration going on without being actual saddle bags (not that they aren’t great too because they are), and they come in a million different styles and colors. They also have both handles and a shoulder strap which makes them very useable and versatile. For a less structured look, a lovely slouchy, soft leather bucket bag or a hobo bag would be my preference.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Posts crossed, Theo, so I’ve just seen part 2 of your fashion show today. Love, love
    both jackets! Would you say that you’ve always worn a lot of basic black with unique
    accessories? That’s always been my personal style too. These days I’m not really
    searching for a new style, but more returning to the me that I used to know. My
    philosophy has always to wear what made me feel good, and not be at the mercy
    of what sadistic designers tell us to acquire. I think women who have a confident
    sense of their own style can wear anything πŸ™‚ I wouldn’t hesitate to wear any of
    those outfits. Create your OWN style! That’s what I’m going to do once again,
    after descending into clothes hell and digging my way out of it again. Our vintage
    pieces are undoubtedly better made than what’s available today. Isn’t that true
    of everything?
    Keep the photos coming, I’m enjoying the show!

Allie

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Guys – I’m too excited now! I’m dribbling!

Esnecca – I had a saddle bag back in the 90s. Why didn’t I keep it? I’ll never throw anything away ever again! Thank you for the bag tips. I’ve never put an outfit together because I just bought what I could get to fit and as long as patterns and colours didn’t clash, that’s all I worried about!

Allie – thanks for the links – I am beside myself and just dare not look any further but I’ve made a note of the website. I love those cute Eskimo booties with the fringes too. I cannot believe the array of cowboy boots – ohhhhhhh πŸ™‚

Theo – you look magnificent!

Absolutely well done all of you!

Kazzee xx

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Esnecca, I don’t know whether to hug you or curse you…..you have turned me into a kelp noodle addict. I realize that the seaweed salad I like so much at the local Japanese restaurants have been using a blend of wakame and kelp glass noodles. Not the same without the kelp noodles. Now when I make it I am using the blend and am crazy about it. Have used up my supply and now must do a road trip to the Korean grocer in the next town to get more kelp noodles. So filling and so much good fiber….great vehilcle for good Asian dressing.

And love your recipe…..adding hot flakes makes it sing.

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Theo: love your vintage jacket in all its permutations. Very classy with some zing. Rock on.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Haha, Essie, I thought Sundance might drive you mad! I received a catalog last
    spring, and found some unusual tops/tunics to order, and of course remembered
    the boots…Just serendipity that I remembered the name when Kazzi was dreaming
    of cowboy boots of the future. I have such joyful thoughts of you in Mother’s attic
    swanning around playing dress up in our fashions of yesteryear!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I couldn’t be happier to have you join me in the kelp fan club, LTC. So far we’re a party of two. I’ve replied to you in the Low Carb recipe thread. Maybe together we can lure more people into our tangled web of kelp noodles.

Allie, Mom and I had such a wonderful time playing in the pretty clothes. It was just like when I was a kid and I would go through her closet for dress-up, only I got to keep whatever I wanted this time. πŸ™‚

• posted by Flick
    on

Hi all, this is such a great thread – so much gorgeousness!

I’m a third (35% to be precise) towards my target so making do with clothes and finding things in the cupboard that are thrillingly beginning to fit, so saving up for the big splurge at the end.

In the meantime as little puffs rise up from my ash heap, my style is definitely changing.

Gals, can we talk about lipstick! My gosh, I’m increasingly bypassing my usual light coloured gloss, slapped on as I leave the house and gravitating towards …. RED glosses and lipstick. This thinner face seems to require it and it feel totally fabulous.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Wow, Allie and Essie – the phrases “long, lean and gorgeous” and “crazy long legs” are two I never in a million years would have thought anyone would apply to me!!!! But thank you so much, quite made my day πŸ˜ƒ O/H however refers to me as “tiny” every single day now – better than what he used to affectionately call me!!

Essie, I’m rather in love (again) with the sequin jacket and am secretly rather pleased that I rediscovered it bang in the middle of the party season, so I may actually get to wear it before my darling granddaughter even knows it exists πŸ˜„ Though to be fair, so far at least, it’s only been my fabulous collection of 60s clothes that she has purloined. She is a total “one-off” style wise and has always had a very eclectic fashion sense, which started when she was 2 (now 17) and my daughter felt obliged to make her wear a little badge saying “Mummy didn’t style me – I did it all by myself!” which raised a few smilesπŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‰

Sadly my mother, a very stylish lady, even now in her 90s, is one of those people who believes that, if something hasn’t been worn / used for a year (and often less), it belongs in the charity shop. So much so that one local charity shop makes a monthly collection from her 😒 When I think about all those vintage designer goodies I could have purloined now, it breaks my heart 😒😠

Allie, forgot to mention how fantastic that boot website is – spent a happy half hour browsing. And purrrrleease – go and buy a smart phone tomorrow!!!! I didn’t know mobiles without decent cameras and Internet access still existed 😜 And yes, you have described my style exactly – have always loved black/navy classic clothes with a little bit of quirkiness on the side, and see no reason to change that now. See – I knew we were twins, separated at birth πŸ˜‰

Flick – yes, I’m with you, girl – lipsticks are fast becoming one of my “quirks”. I’m gaining quite a collection 😁 But very sensible to save your major clothes splurge until you reach maintenance. I didn’t – well I thought I did, but then moved the goalposts and lost another 20lbs or so and now most of my lovely new UK size 10s (US 6) absolutely drown me. Now wearing UK 8s and 6s (US 4 / 2). So bide your time and keep your splurging to lipsticks for the moment.

Just loving this thread, Essie, thank you so much for starting it.😚

• posted by alliecat
    on

Yes, Theo, Flick and Kazzi, this is a fabulous thread, and I echo the thanks directed to
    Essie for starting it! It’s a great antidote to more serious things going on in our lives,
    isn’t it? I can’t express how happy it makes me to see Essie discovering her own sense
    of style after being deprived of that adventure for 2 decades, or to even see you, Flick,
    playing with red lipstick! It brings back so many memories, like a time machine, for
    Theo and I, too πŸ™‚ If anyone has a recommendation about which iphone model to
    purchase, I’d really appreciate it. Also, does anyone have a special wardrobe indulgence
    that is planned as a holiday gift to oneself? I think a 21st century iphone should
    do it for me. Come on ladies, “spill” your pleasure!!!

re: iphone, I don’t need all the bells and whistles, just a good size screen and a keyboard
    that can accommodate long fingernails (now bright vermillion in honor of the season)!

Back later, to help you deplete your wallets πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Allie

• posted by alliecat
    on

One other thought, Theo…Take another dive into the back of your wardrobe, and
    see if you have one of these: Oversize wool challis scarf/shawl! I just found a
    beautiful one, circa 1981-1984, black ground with flowers in magenta, pumpkin,
    and light grey. I used to have auburn hair, but it still works because of the grey
    in the scarf. Now I REALLY need to stop playing around an get to the fish market!
    Real life is so tedious πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Flick, we can most certainly talk about lipstick. I went to the store a few weeks ago to replenish my Biotin, Vitamin C and Magnesium Citrate supplements and walked out with 60 dollars worth of new lipsticks, glosses and liners, all as red as red can be. There may have been a bottle or two of different shades of red OPI nail lacquer in there too. πŸ˜€

I got a chance to take my shiny red lips out for a joyride to my guy’s office holiday party Friday night. Red turned out to be the dominant accent color, thanks to the new lippy and the Christmas miracle of my happy red tights being the exact same shade as my extremely hot red ankle boots. I bought them weeks apart and it didn’t even enter my my mind that they might match because they’re such different fabrics and besides, random reds never match. There’s always some variation. When I held them up against each other I was shocked and amazed at the perfect union.

https://s13.postimg.org/fbya10wqv/party.jpg

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Theo, I weep for your mother’s lost clothes. I hope they went to good homes even though it wasn’t yours. I’m very grateful that my mom develops sentimental attachment to clothes and has lugged them around every time they moved no matter how incovenient. I got her a vintage 100% cashmere cocoon coat from the 1960s for Christmas this year and already gave it to her (she was in desperate need of a properly warm winter coat) and she fell in love with it at first site. She immediately hit her closet of wonders and tore through it digging up a dozen old scarves, shawls, fur collars, stoles and even a mink muff. One gorgeous (and ENORMOUS!) embroidered silk Valentino scarf looked so chic and vibrant draped around her shoulders like a capelet. It was the greatest thing to see her enjoy her beautiful old clothes again as much as I have enjoyed them. πŸ™‚

Thank you, ladies, for the lovely words about the thread. I’m so glad you’re enjoying it as much as I am.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Maybe enjoying it even more than you are, Essie. You are the pied piper, and where
    you go, we follow!

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Allie

• posted by Flick
    on

Oh Esnecca – the rare miracle of the matching reds! I thought it was a myth. Not a ky are those boots totally gorgeous, that looks like a fabulous skirt. I cannot wait to reach my taget weight and discover what lovely new styles will suit my new fit, slim bod.

Yikes – nail polish, that hadn’t ocurred to me. I usually have painted toe nails (love Opi colours) but just clear finger nails. And here I have been admiring how much stronger my nails are. Yippee, something else stylish to play with.

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’ve been secretly hoping you would model what glorious outfit you had planned for
    the corporate Christmas party, Esnecca! Elegant and quirky, just my idea of how
    to do your own thing…..I have a splendid jersey knit “little black dress” that I’ve
    recently purchased (first dress in about 20 years!) that could definitely profit from
    a pair of red tights…Do you remember where you got them from?
    Love those snappy red boots, by the way πŸ™‚

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Play on, Flick! Playing with nail polish was one of the few fashion-adjacent things I could do during my couch-bound days. At one point I had more than 60 different colors. Eventually I had to toss them out because it was impossible to use enough of a bottle before it dried up. I haven’t done more than a clear coat for years until the OPIs caught my eye with their shimmering samite sexiness.

The skirt is an a-line, box-pleated gold thread brocade midi number that I got from the same shop where I bought my fabulous floral pants suit. I bought it a couple of months ago specifically for the party and by the time I wore it it was loose. Just a size or so off, but because there’s some weight to it it wound up rather longer than it was when I bought it, hitting low on my shin rather than at the midpoint. That only makes me love it more. πŸ˜€

The ankle boots are 4 1/4″ platforms. You can imagine how horror-stricken I was when it decided to snow Friday night. It is yet another miracle that I didn’t find myself flat on my back 20 times before I made it to the safety of the party. I’ll tell you what, though, my feet didn’t hurt once. I never had to sneakily remove them or lean on OH to hobble around. I stomped that banquet hall like Allie and Theo doing a walk-off. πŸ˜†

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Allie, why yes I do happen to remember where I got them. It’s the same place where I scored those adorable mod boots, and they just so happen to be on sale if you’re in the market for two pair. I got a second pair in royal blue. Here you go: https://www.modcloth.com/shop/accessories/accent-your-ensemble-tights/153603.html . The red ones I got just say “red” when you click on the color swatch, but the official name is Candy Apple, and that’s exactly the color they are. True primary. I think they’re a smashing accent for a classic like your new LBD. Congratulations on getting back in the skirt game! Time to show off those mile-high gams. πŸ˜€

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Esnecca, just got the JAN issue of Bon Appetit in the mail today and opened to see a recipe for Kimichi Udon with Scallions. First thought ….must share with Escnecca (who will substitute something like kelp noodles for the udon and ditch 3/4 of the butter called for). Anyway, thought you might enjoy. They are singing your song.

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/kimchi-udon-with-scallions

• posted by Esnecca
    on

πŸ˜† You’ve got me pegged and how, sister. That looks fantastic! I’ll meet you half way and cut out 3/5ths of the butter. πŸ˜‰ I read the recipe thread, just fyi. I read most threads, as a matter of fact, because I use the “All recent topics” view.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Essie, my friend, just LOVING your party look πŸ˜„ Red tights and booties look fantastic and add just the right festive touch to your sensational outfitπŸ˜ƒ. Really pleased to hear you managed not to slip and break your neck in the snow 😜

I went out for a pre-Christmas lunch today (rather a long one, 6 hours😨) and quite shocked myself by putting on what I had bought as a little red and black tunic to wear with jeans and wearing it as a mini-dress with thick fleece lined (bloomin cold here atm) red tights and black suede high heel booties. It was at least 8 -10 inches above my knees and I felt FANTASTIC πŸ˜ƒ Got quite a few compliments too – not bad for an old’un 😜 Whoever said “if you wore it when it was fashionable first time around, don’t go there again!” Whoever it was obviously hadn’t heard of us phoenixesπŸ˜›

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Well done, Theo! Have you noticed that so far every time you’ve taken a bit of a risk, be it with a great accent color or an unplanned mini-dress outing, it pays off like gangbusters? Clearly whenever you go out you need to think to yourself “this looks good, but do I look as hot as I possibly can?” Then shorten, accesorize, ramp up the heel height, drop the decolletage and generally go nuts. πŸ˜€

Allie, Theo has officially joined the right tights club now, so you simply must go through with your brilliant plan for your black jersey dress so we can be tights triplets. πŸ˜€ πŸ™‚ πŸ˜†

• posted by Theodora
    on

Haha, Essie, and yes, indeed I have. I am getting far more daring and self-confident as I get used to this great new body. In fact yesterday I was going to wear a completely different dress (new in August when I was totally happy with the way it looked) but when I put it on, I thought to myself “mmm, too long!”😜 so I changed and as and when I have a few minutes the needle and thread will be coming out to take it up a good few inches!

I am also fortunate that my “dΓ©colletage” seems to have escaped wrinkles and I do still have boobs – not as big as they were, but plenty big enough to show off with low cut necklines. So that will definitely be happening too – I am amazed at how my self-confidence is growing, and the compliments can only help this.

Loving the idea of us being tights triplets, so go for it, Allie.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Haha, my friends, I’ve never needed much persuasion when going bold with
    clothes! Those red tights are already in the shopping cart. I have to give
    modcloth a call before ordering though, as measurements aren’t given for
    height (don’t want the crotch down around my knees) so I may have to
    size up. I was also all set to order another pair of leggings, black with large
    human skulls, but they are out of stock. Do you think I’m an old lady
    exhibitionist?? Don’t you two think your being a little “insensitive” (haha)
    discussing decolletage in my presence, though? πŸ™‚ My new bra size is AA!
    This revolting state of affairs has necessitated the purchase of a mastectomy
    bra, and with it on, I weigh 2 lbs more than without it! Poor Allie…I’ll just
    have to be content with my gams. OF COURSE I will go for red tights! I saw
    a lot of other snappy ones, but mostly o/s. You be careful, Theo with those
    tunics! I don’t want to read about you getting arrested for “indecent exposure”!
    πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I hadn’t thought of this until you mentioned crotch-drop tights being a perpetual concern on account of your fab legs, Allie, but when I was a girl I hated pantyhose because I felt like I was having to yank the crotches up every 10 minutes. In my case it wasn’t because of long legs, obviously, as I’ve always been a shorty. I needed smalls for the length, but then my curvy thighs and butt filled up the space in weird ways and drove the crotch downwards. Now that I no longer have neither hips nor thighs of note, smalls fit just right. The night of the party I was blissfully unaware that I was even wearing pantyhose. I had totally forgotten how tights tortured me for years when I was a kid and teenager. To celebrate this joyous recollection, I just ordered the bright yellow and purple tights from ModCloth too. πŸ˜€

• posted by alliecat
    on

Great E., I like the purple ones too! πŸ™‚ Yellow isn’t “my color” though, so I’ll just
    have to pick a second choice for the 2/1 sale! Trying to stick with a “cool”
    color palette because of the indignities of gray hair. I looked like a vagrant
    for an entire year while the auburn had to grow out! I do miss it sometimes,
    since it suited my personality, but just too high maintenance to continue
    with. In my imagination, I see you as a blonde. Am I wildly off?? πŸ™‚

• posted by Theodora
    on

Allie – apologies, I certainly won’t mention my still fairly impressive boobs again πŸ˜‰πŸ˜œπŸ˜›

Seriously, I’m sure what you lack ‘up top’ will more than be compensated for by those gothic skull tights as and when they come back into stockπŸ˜‰ With your long legs being adorned by human skulls, who on earth will be looking at your decolletage anyway?πŸ˜‰ Exhibitionist???? Never😜

Essie, good on you for going with the yellow and purple – like Allie though, yellow is definitely not my colour. Might give purple ones a go though.

Funny how we all have different images of each other. I definitely have always seen Essie as a brunette – now you’ve got me doubting my impressions Allie. My hair used to be almost jet black but now is silver (oh alright, grey😒) but I was in Costas the other day and the lovely young (male) barrista, when handing me my coffee, leant over the counter, took my hand, and asked me where I got it done! “Got what done?” said I. “Your amazing colour,” he said – “you have a wonderful and very talented colourist!!!” Well, for someone who has never coloured her hair in her life, and has moaned for years about going grey, I left Costas with a huge smile plastered to my face (even if he WAS just turning on the charm) which stayed put all day😊 So, I say again, my hair is highlighted silver – and, if I say so myself, cut in quite a sharp little bob.πŸ˜€ (may not have a colourist but I do have an excellent cutterπŸ˜€)

So come on, Essie, put us out of our misery and tell us who is rightπŸ˜›

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Brunette all the way, ladies. With the brief exception of the summer of ’88 when I had a passionate fling with a bottle of peroxide. πŸ˜€

Allie, I am so deeply in favor of those skull tights I can’t even cheerlead them enough on my own and will have to borrow Theo’s shocking pink pom-poms.

Please log in or register to post a reply.