PCOS, 100 kilos, fussy eater, where do I start?!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Hmg8
    on

I have been listening to what Michael Mosley has been saying with interest for a number of years and I think it’s time to bite the bullet and try one of his books/programmes/approaches but I’m clueless about where to start. I can’t imagine my family would appreciate my crankiness if I do fasting days….. Lol! What books should I get? As mentioned above I have PCOS and hope to have a second child, my Gynecologist has recommended that I try to lose weight to increase the chances of natural conception. I had “pre gestational diabetes” during my first pregnancy but was not pre diabetic when tested about half a year after delivery. Any advice/guidance is much appreciated! 🙂

• posted by freester
    on

Where to start?

Buy the 800BSD book and the associated recipe book. Read the 800 BSD book. If that doesn’t convince you nothing will. The BSD is less about fasting than the Fast 800.

Then have a flick through the recipe book. You say you are fussy, there must be some recipes in there that will get you going? Highlight or list all the recipes you do fancy.

Decide a date to start. Plan your meals, shop for the ingredients and go for it! You won’t look back.

• posted by Verano
    on

Last post reported

• posted by Milzofsmilz
    on

Hey!

I got the audio book and have been listening. I too have PCOS insulin resistance and weigh just over 100kgs.

I am fine fasting. I have trouble with eating the wrong foods and food portions.

I’m hoping this will help 🙂

• posted by Hmg8
    on

Thank you! Do you mean the 8 Week blood sugar diet book? I’m having trouble finding exactly the book you’re referring to…..

Please log in or register to post a reply.