Pasta made from pea flour

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Nellie270377
    on

Hi all, new to this and happy to be removing starchy carbs from my diet. I have discovered a really delicious, green pasta made from pea flour. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on whether this was a suitable alternative to regular starchy carbs or whether it was still turned into sugar quickly? Helen 🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Nellie270177

Welcome aboard and to starting the BSD way of life. Hope you are getting on okay with the new way of eating, it can take a while to settle into both mentally and physically, but it will become easier as time passes.

I had a look at the nutritional value of the green pea pasta I found online and I would say if you are planning to follow a low carb regime, this pasta at 24g carbs per 100g is still too high in carbs, especially given that a portion size would probably be more than 100g. Most of us aim for 50g of carbs per day, so you can see that this pasta would be a huge chunk out of that kind of daily allowance.

Why not try spiralised courgette or cauliflower rice or finely shredded cabbage, as a substitute for the rice/pasta element? They are much lower in carbs and more nutritious too. Some people occasionally use konjac noodles or rice too as these are almost zero carbs. However, I personally find that extra leafy veg works fine and I don’t miss the carb element in meals now at all.

Hope some of this helps, but I’m sure others will offer advise too. Shout if you need support or have a question, someone on the forum will respond. Don’t forget to let us know the results of your weigh-in, we love to know how people are progressing.

Please log in or register to post a reply.