Onto the last week

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi,
    This is the last week of the 8 week plan for me and I now have a lots of decisions to be made before next week starts.
    My starting BMI was 33 and my main target was to get it under 30 in 8 weeks, so I was no longer classified as obese. My blood sugars were getting close to prediabetic, and I wanted them to reduce. I reached the blood sugar drop within 3 weeks to low 5’s and the BMI to 29.9 10 days ago. Today it was 29. Next major goal is BMI under 25. I was about to say that means I have another 20kg to go – and checked my spreadsheet – I have 12kg to go – I need to get used to the idea that I am no longer over 20kg overweight :-).
    I have 2 options – go straight onto the 5:2, which was the plan. I had assumed this would be much more of a struggle that it has been and I would be ready to move by now. Second option is to continue the 800 until my holiday in the first week in May – Orkney, full bed and board, so it will be interesting to see how I manage through that. I had not thought it was advisable to do more that 8 weeks, but a few others seem to have been following that approach successfully so 3 weeks more should not be an issue.
    I am walking the Shine Night Walk (Marathon) in London in September for Cancer Research UK. My sister-in-law died of cancer in January and I am doing it in her memory. This was an added driver to get the weight off! I did do the half marathon walk 2 years ago at my old weight off of 3 weeks training and did it in 4 hours continuous walking – I could not have taken a step more – so I knew I had to get this weight loss moving fast or I would fail and probably damage my knees in the process! Link below if anyone interested in joining up! http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/support-us/find-an-event/charity-walks/shine-night-walk
    Training starts after my holiday – lots of long walks at the weekend and jogging at least twice a week. With that energy output, I think I will definitely need to be on the 5:2 by then.
    Anyone else actually made the move from one to the other and how did it go?

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi orchid

I’m one of those over the 8 weeks and staying on this for a while yet. When asked, the team said it was ok to stay on this for an extra few weeks before going on 5:2 but there are many of us staying on this longer term.

I’m in my 14th week with no ill effects. And lots more weight to lose which I want to do ASAP.

Come and join us on the ‘over the 8-week line and after’ thread to tell us how you are getting on.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

See you girls there next week
    Are we having a party ?

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Party time ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿง€๐Ÿ“โ˜•๏ธ

Who’s bring what food? Low-carb of course ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. Sparkling water or black coffee ok?

• posted by orchid
    on

Sparkling water with lime is a must! Looking forward to the party ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Patsy
    on

Wow, well done, Orchid! That’s very impressive.

• posted by Dippymint
    on

Well done Orchid very inspiring to those of us just starting the journey. Xx

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Orchid, there’ll be dishes with both lemon slices and lime slices so folk can choose either (or both!).

Please log in or register to post a reply.