One wheel on my wagon and I'm still rolling along my ….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by FabEllie
    on

At times I doubted I would get here but FINALLY I reached the end of my week 8 journey and I’m singing a happy song!

Okay, to borrow feltwicked’s phrase (thank you fw it made me chuckle when I read it) I wasn’t so much on the wagon for the whole time but from week 6 I had just one foot on the tailboard whilst hopping along behind. At one point I fell off and the wagon actually reversed back over me before trundling off into the distance. Luckily, I dusted myself down and set off again in hot pursuit before it got too far away.

Weeks 1-4 went like a dream. Week 5 I was hungry the whole time no matter what and cals crept up to 900 per day. Week 6 I was tired all the time no matter what and cals hovered around 900-1000 per day. Still managed to lose 2-2.5lbs each week though. Week 7 seemed to be going well and back on plan until I sabotaged the whole week by succumbing to PIZZA the night before weigh in – doh! And I didn’t even enjoy it. I missed my steamed fish and veggies!!! I was so close to getting to my 2 stone weigh loss goal and then my weight went back UP after pizzagate by 3.5lbs. I was so cross with myself. Week 8 has been a mixed bag with wavering motivation after my pizza disaster BUT I weighed in this morning and lost 1.5lbs so have half undone the damage and feel motivated for the start of my 5:2 journey ahead.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for the BSD diet. Overall weight loss so far (despite deviations) is 1st 11lbs. My blood sugar is in normal range. My blood pressure is back down to borderline normal (without meds!). My measurements are gradually shrinking. My GERD has resolved. My arthritic knees have improved. My fitness is improving steadily. Potted herbs now grace my kitchen window sill. I discovered things about food I never knew. I have a new found love of fennel and lemon (previously disliked both, now they are favourite ingredients). Things that have needed fixing around the home are suddenly getting fixed. 4 bin liners of fat clothes have gone forever. I now slosh around in the bath tub because there are GAPS all around me. The cookbooks on the shelf have changed. I could go on and on but you get the picture.

The benefits of BSD are not singular. The effects of the physical changes have spilt over into everything else.

My new hobby is to extend my repertoire of low carb/Mediterranean cooking. I was surprised how much I loved the recipes in the diet book and I want to take the next step. A plate of courgette brownies is my first attempt at low carb baking in celebration of reaching the 8 week milestone. They are 95 cals per serving and just 8g of carb each. Hubby is just making me a coffee and we’re going to taste test them. Wish me luck. Baking isn’t my strong point.

I just wanted to say to all of you on your 8 week journeys just stick with it no matter what. You will be so glad you did. I dedicate my first low carb brownie to you all.

And the wagon just keeps rolling on. See you all over in the 5:2 forum πŸ™‚

• posted by Pru
    on

thanks Fabellie I am just starting and your post gives me hope. πŸ™‚

• posted by LindaA
    on

Woo hoo FabEllie,
    You are a star and can be so proud of yourself for sticking at it in spite of your setbacks. Well doneπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    How much more do you want to lose?
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by FabEllie
    on

Thank you for your kind words. I have a shed more to lose. Another 99lbs to go to get into a healthy BMI (plus sensible buffer zone). I know it will take a long time but now I can see a plausible way to get there. Sharing the journey with everyone here really helps. I can be honest about myself and the people here are kind and supportive. I already feel like a winner just for having that. When I started my 8 weeks I was horrified to find I was a whole stone heavier than I first thought I was. I felt terrible. Then somebody here on the forum told me ‘that will be the last time you see that number’ and I held onto that thought. My advice would be, even if the odd wheel falls off, just keep climbing back onto the wagon. We are all heading in the same direction and there are plenty of fellow journeymen willing to help pick up the pieces as you go along. As Captainlynne says ‘just keep on keeping on’. I think that should be the official BSD motto πŸ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.